Ain't Karma a B****!

sacul1573

What's a GIR?
Reaction score
Handicap
One week after I start a thread stating that I have trouble playing golf with glasses (sunglasses thread), I end up having to go a month without wearing contacts.

I just changed jobs, and my new job is transitioning me to be a flight test conductor, and so I need a flight physical to fly. Viola! I get the news today that I can't wear contacts for a month.

So I guess I will be out hacking away at the ball with glasses on. Bummer, because I really feel like my game is all coming together, driver long and straight, irons are getting more accurate, short game is confident right now...

Oh, and how does one wakeboard wearing glasses? Maybe it'll all work out fine and I wont have any problems. HAHAHAHA.... fml.

you have to get some of those prescription googles for wakeboarding...

Can't you go to a Binyons or a Lens Crafter - they can turn around some nice prescription shades same day!

Is changing jobs a good thing? Oh yeah, Lenscrafters I believe have that 1 hour service? :confused2:

Is your vision that bad? If so maybe you can get some transitions lenses. I love mine.

Is your vision that bad? If so maybe you can get some transitions lenses. I love mine.

Yeah, they're great, except they don't darken in the car! Stupid UV ray protection glass...

Yeah, they're great, except they don't darken in the car! Stupid UV ray protection glass...

Really?

I've thought about getting a decent pair of glasses. All I have right now are the cheap military glasses (no, not the really bad ones, although I have those too!). They only have about 10 style options, and all of them are from the early 90s it seems...

Really. I have a pair of prescription sunglasses in the car because the eyeglasses with the Transitions lenses don't darken because of the UV protection that most automotive glass has. You might be OK if your is 30 years or older.

I would go get some prescription sunglasses, that's how I got into wearing sunglasses on the course. Try it, you'll like it. And you can wake board in em!

i have perscription oakleys that i wear almost non stop however when i actually wakeboard i take them off one bad crash and the rest of your day your diving for your shades plus they work really well on the course

Tried putting and chipping yesterday, didnt have much of an issue. The full swings are what worry me. But hey, if worse comes to worse, I practice my short game and putting for the next month, and probably drop my scores by 5 strokes... lol.

if your wearing glasses just tuck the end of the ear piece under your hat the only problem i ever have is i sweat in the southern heat and sometimes i have to clean them off i just keep a oakley bag/towel thing in my bag

Back