Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's another side to the cliff lee/yankees story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,254827

i enjoyed reading the comments below the article, in particular the comments left by yankees fans. seems as though a lot of them don't find this move to be what's best. to me it says that the yankees just want to win now! it's hard for me to respect that.

Noting conncted to the link TC. Whay is it hard for you to respect the fact the team wants to win every year? Wouldn't you want that ina team you root for? Don't the Tarheels try to recruit the best talent in the country so they can be championship material( and kick Dukes a$$) every year?

Noting conncted to the link TC. Whay is it hard for you to respect the fact the team wants to win every year? Wouldn't you want that ina team you root for? Don't the Tarheels try to recruit the best talent in the country so they can be championship material( and kick Dukes a$$) every year?

yes and no. coach roy williams didn't offer john wall a scholarship and wall wanted to go to carolina. he didn't offer him a scholarship b/c he's a one and done player and coach williams is hesitant (and always has been) to recruit those players. he likes system players. so to me, comparing unc to the yankees and their desires to win isn't even remotely close.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, i really don't care about the yankees, or baseball, but hate that they buy their championships. i'll simply never pull for them.

I like the Werth for Vazquez rumor. It would make sense for both teams. As for Cliff Lee to the Yankees, I hope not, I really want to see him in Dodger Blue.

how does the werth/ vazquez trade rumor make sense? it seems like its a hell of a whole lot better deal for the yankees.

how does the werth/ vazquez trade rumor make sense? it seems like its a hell of a whole lot better deal for the yankees.

Well for one the Phillies need pitching and Werth is going to walk after the season, as will Vazquez. It would be a good time now to bring up Dominic Brown and give him a shot. I guess it would be a long shot but the Phils would be hoping Vazquez repeats his sub 3 ERA in the NL East again.

ya i guess thats what they're hoping that happens with Vazquez, but he has been struggling this year. it could be just because of yankee stadium being a hitters park but his road era isnt good either. werth is a good hitter and i just think the yankees are getting a far better player right now than what they're giving up if the trade happens. but who know vazquez might learn something from the doc and turn it around but just kinda hard to see that happening right now..

Vasquez always seems to be a better pitcher when he gets to the national league. I agree with bridges though I think the Yankees would be getting the better end of the deal, I can not believe Philly would actually consider it but if they do I am a very happy Yankee fan!!!

lol you dang yankee fan. but i will admit i was a yankee fan for a long time when i was younger and i like derek jeter still to this day. its not that i hate the yankees i just like giving people a hard time about them and buying there championships. but then again you cant blame them for wanting to win. and they will do anything it takes to get the best players.. but il still root for my rangers and my other team the mets.. i just really dont think that the werth/ vazquez trade would happen unless the yankees had to give up a minor leaguer with vazquez..

Vasquez always seems to be a better pitcher when he gets to the national league. I agree with bridges though I think the Yankees would be getting the better end of the deal, I can not believe Philly would actually consider it but if they do I am a very happy Yankee fan!!!

I would bet that the Yankees would be throwing in another young arm as well. After thinking more about it, I think the Phils should hold on to Werth until at least after the break and see if they can squeeze more. They might be able to get a better arm from the Giants.

only temporarily...he'll be a Yankee next year when Petitte retires, Vazquez is gone, and Burnett is burned out.....

hahahahahahhaahhaa finally the Yankess lose out on someone!

only temporarily...he'll be a Yankee next year when Petitte retires, Vazquez is gone, and Burnett is burned out.....

yeah youre probably right and the Rangers are being run by the league so theres no way theyre keeping him after this season.

haha AWESOME!!! now we just dont have a first basemen again lol

Haha, Blalock is available. I have a feeling they are not done dealing. Maybe the will call back up Saltalamacchia for the time being, he plays first also right?

Haha, Blalock is available. I have a feeling they are not done dealing. Maybe the will call back up Saltalamacchia for the time being, he plays first also right?

no salty is a catcher. your thinking of chris davis. and that is there only choice right now they have couple others that could play but arent true first baseman. i look for them to bring davis back up. even though he strikes out a ton, but has alot of power. maybe he get the strike out thing fixed now.. hopefully!

hmm, nice to see the rangers step into the mix and steal the pin stripes thunder. texas now just got much tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back