What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played 9 today

41, good scrambling today, and some good putting again.. tight fairways hard to hit..i will take it

Shot a 90 today but was very pleased with everything except my putter. I putted awful. Putting for birdie within 6 feet on one hole and 3 putted for a bogie. My putting speed was awful!!!! I attribute that to playing on fast bentgrass greens which I am not used to. I absolutely LOVED my new Callaway Big Bertha 7 wood. FUN FUN girls day on a beautiful golf course.

I hate rain. I hate it.

Because of the rain I could only get 9 in...and I was WELL on my way to breaking 80 with a solid 38 on the front in which I hit 7/8 fairways with the beastly SuperTri/Eclipse combo and had a total of 14 putts (4 1-putts, the SeeMore is fighting hard!). Had 3 bogeys and one birdie.

Kills me, my swing was on for the first time in a loooooong long time, alot of which had to do with changing my routine. I've switched to a stand behind, take site, approach, swing. I only take a practice swing on chips or trouble shots now...has helped alot, WAY less thinking time.

Oh well, a good shot at breaking 80 foiled by mother nature...but I'll be back.

Started out with two double bogies and shot an uninspiring 43-39 for an 82. Temps in the 90's today with no help from the wind. Too hot for me.

Had a good front nine (36) but lost it on the back (40). I was hot and hungry lol.

Shot a 41 in the league yesterday....(with the brand new CG15's...a-w-e-s-o-m-e clubs)
Started with 4 straight PARs and then the front started coming through....
Wind was blowing about 30mph, the light rain started and I shot +6 over the next 4 holes.

Then as soon as it began, it ended....Wind and rain stopped, sun came out with the sweltering humidity....
Stepped on the 18th tee box..(played the back 9) 389 par 4 with the green front 70% surrounded by water...
Once you get over the water, 6 pothole bunkers are the second line of defense....

Without one iota of wind, I stepped on the tee box with the 4dx evolver and proceeded to smoothly stroke one 305 yards..right in front of the 30% not protected by water
Right where I wanted to go....(only expected about 260 yds though)

84yd SW to 4' and dropped it for bird....I was pumped and ready to play the front...but had to leave..
Treated myself to a beer for the bird.....

Cant wait to get out again.....

Good round bama, I concur with you're assessment of the CG15s!! I played my first round with my new 56 degree today and I LOVE that club!

So as I said today was my first round with my CG15, what a day. It was a practice round for the Dakotas Tour Bakker Crossing Pro AM that is held at my club. It's 3 person teams and each day you get a different pro. 2 rounds, take your best net and best gross score of each hole (pro counts too). So as I said today was a practice round and my team had a young kid from Topeka, KS join us who is playing these mini tours to get experience to give Q school a try this year. Good kid, good player, and he's even a Bridgestone guy, we hit it off right away!

I played outstanding today, 78 with a 37 on the front which is my all time low on that side. I was straight up killing the ball off the tee, often times well past the pro playing with us (he was admittedly a shorter hitter for a pro mind you). I nearly holed a pitch shot for eagle on the #1 handicap and was left with about an inch for birdie, my kind of birdie putts! I was rolling putts very well but toward the end of the round inexplicably started leaving putts short for some reason, may have even been a better score had it not been for that.

So tomorrow and Sunday are money days, I really really am looking forward to it as I'm playing the best golf of my life right now. I can't wait and I'll update you all!

Now for the best part of the day...as if shooting 78 in the presence of a young aspiring pro wasn't cool enough....as part of the event they're doing all these side games and one of them was a closest to the hole contest off our patio over the water to a secondary pin on the 18th hole. The shot measures 68 yards, for $5 you get 3 shots and the top 5 from all day come back for the finals. Our practice round was late so we were one of the last few groups participating in this contest. At first I was a little wishy washy about it because there were probably 30 or 40 people around and I was just not really feeling it. My buddy changed my mind and I ponied up the $5 spot. My first shot sailed well deep but it was over the water and safe, good no embarrassment yet....shot number 2, great looking line off the mat they had setup, one bounce and stopped dead 30 inches from the cup, TIED for 5th qualifier baby! So we have 30 minutes until the finals so we go out and play 2 more holes quick since nobody is playing anymore and we come back just in time to find out that I in fact made it in the finals based on my T5th spot. I'm up first and now it's 2 balls, my first shot was ok but a little deep. Mind you, now we've for close to 75-80 people crowded around. Shot 2 was on a great line, a little deep but still solid 10 feet from the pin. Not great, but it's the finals and who knows what will happen. I sat back as I watched the 5 other guys try and fail in their attempts to get closer and I WON THE CONTEST! $150 shop credit that will be going straight to my 3rd and final wedge swap out as the CG15 gap wedge will be making its way into my bag tomorrow, just in time for the first round of the Pro AM! What a day!! :clapp: :D

Awesome P4B...Good Shootin'!!

Nice round there Bama! 304 is a pretty killer drive!

P4B- Congrats on #1 the good round, #2 your win! Enjoy the booty!

Great job Bird. Way to go man.

nice rounds bama and P4B!!! bama, i'm glad to see you getting your A game on, you're gonna need it come september, haha.

congrats to both of you on the new wedges, i'm glad to hear that they are giving both of you immediate success (2 total birdies and $150, can't beat that!)

Well i went out and stunk up the course today, double, double and more of the same. But i'll be back out again tomorrow to try and do it again.

Saturday 7/10 Gordon Lakes Pine / Lake 6500 yds
Warm morning 0730 tee time - shotgun start 74 to 86 degrees

7 par 5 5
8 par 4 3
9 par 4 4
1 par 4 4
2 par 4 6
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3

7 par 5 5
8 par 4 6
9 par 4 4
1 par 4 4
2 par 4 3
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 2

Score 40 Lake / 32 Pine - 72 (E)

A nice round interrupted twice by really bad holes. I slid a 5 footer for birdie over the top lip on my first and wedged to a foot on my second to birdie. Then after a horrid 9 iron approach 30 yards right of my 3rd hole, I got it up and in for par, which really made the confidence rise. I just missed a 10 footer for birdie at my 4th, and hit a big drive off the next tee - then I got stupid and hit a series of poor shots for a double bogey. I got some back with an easy birdie at my 6th, a par 5 I was beside in 2, and routine parred the next. I bogeyed my 8th when I failed to get up and in from the fringe from a difficult angle, but made a nice up and in on the next two for pars. Then I got stupid again, as my near perfect drive caught the fairway bunker and I followed with a series of lousy efforts on easy shots for my second DB, and suddenly I was +3 on the round thru 11 holes. After a routine par, I turned back to Pine, and immediately pull-hooked my drive onto the driving range - YECCH! I hooked a recovery 30 yards in front of the green and got that up & in for par, and suddenly was on track. I knocked down a big breaker from 25 feet on the tough #2 Pine for birdie, and reached the par 5 #3 Pine in two for easy two putt birdie. After two more routine pars, I finished the day with a 20 footer center cut for birdie and an even 72. Amazing what a warm putter can accomplish!

Last edited:
Great job Sam

nice rounDs sammi and Bama, shake it off rw!

Shot a 75 yesterday at Red Rock CC Arroyo Course from the tips. Best round I've shot there but it was also the first time the wind was less than 20mph! Picked up an oddysey white hot #9 for insanely cheap at Golf Galaxy a day before so took that out for a spin. On the front nine I had a 4 putt, 3- 3putts on my way to a 5 over par 41. ( A horrendous total of 21 putts on the front nine. I even had a chip in so that's a hole with zero putts too) But I only missed 2 greens. On the 10th tee my buddy commented to me how well I'ld be shooting if I could putt today. 11 Putts on the back nine for a 2 under par 34!
I had 3 birdies on the back nine. All three I will admit that if they didn't hit the hole they would have FLOWN 10 feet by. was it a lucky round? yeah...... but who cares I was the big winner that day and I didn't have to pay for lunch. As we say here in Las Vegas: "Ship it!"

great round snap!

congrats snap!

13 over on the front 9, and who knows what on the back 9, but it was fun :)

As promised an update...today was showtime with round 1 teeing off bright and early. Windy day today but still played good. Good, not great but I'm really happy about it especially since it was in a big event and it was windy. 80 today, I got off the tee really well today but for some stupid reason I was missing a lot of greens. Birdied that same home (1 hdcp) again today!! As a team we'll have some making up to do tomorrow but I think we can do it. More updates to come....oh and btw, DakotaGolfer is on my team as well! More to come!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

nice rounds pfb and gc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back