What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised an update...today was showtime with round 1 teeing off bright and early. Windy day today but still played good. Good, not great but I'm really happy about it especially since it was in a big event and it was windy. 80 today, I got off the tee really well today but for some stupid reason I was missing a lot of greens. Birdied that same home (1 hdcp) again today!! As a team we'll have some making up to do tomorrow but I think we can do it. More updates to come....oh and btw, DakotaGolfer is on my team as well! More to come!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I forgot to tell you all about our pro today, good guy, a little quiet but I have found a lot of pro golfers have that in common actually. This kid could BOMB the ball off the tee, I was hitting it long and even with often times a 20 yd head start he was well well past mine. He didn't putt real well but he did manage a -2 69 and in that wind today it has him at T4 right now, good spot and I expect him to do well tomorrow.

My round today wasn't very good and shot well over 100, but after testing several drivers I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to stay with my R7 driver. I tried the Ping G15, Launcher DST, one of the Cobra drivers (not sure which one), and a Nike Victory Red SRT8-FIT over the last couple of weeks. I could hit most of them and if I had access to different shafts the Ping and Launcher might work for me, but I will have to wait until I can get somewhere that has a launch monitor and shafts that I can try.

SHot my best round today 86 (45/41) felt awesome. Did not like the Prov1x... haha still cool round today though! (par 70 68.1/111)

Played in a 4 person scramble with 3 people.
Shot a -8 64, ended on 5 straight pars (with several missed putts). Finished T-6

I played well, if inconsistent. My driver is a consistent push/fade right now which is a new problem. I also feel like I am leaving 10-15 yards on my drives.... not sure why that is. Gotta get to a range to fix it... after I fix my putting.

My short irons have been awesome recently.

congrats yoccos!

Second 9 keeping score today after my swing change and I shot 39 (+3). I easily could have been Even or under par.

4 Pars
4 Bogeys
1 Birdie

Hole 1: Dogleg right, pushed a 4 iron straight into trees. Found my ball with no angle at the green, layed up with a 56, another 56 within 9 feet, missed par putt. +1

Hole 2: Another pushed drive into trees, had a angle to the hole, hit 9 iron to about 12 feet, 2 putt par +1

Hole 3: Fairway drive, about 178 out, terrible pull 7 iron, bad chip, 2 putt bogey. +2

Hole 4: 4 Iron just short of the green, chip up, made putt par. +2

Hole 5: Pushed drive treeline, 4 iron punch out, terrible PW short into bunker, then I hit an incredible long bunker shot to about 5 feet 1 putt par. +2

Hole 6: Nice 5 wood off the tee, about 155 out, thinned 9 iron to middle of the green, 2 putt par. +2

Hole 7: Fairway drive, another pushed 9 iron left me a really tough downhill sloper onto the green, 2 putt bogey +3

Hole 8: 167 yd par 3. Terrible 8 iron short of the green, good chip up, missed about a 3 footer for par. +4

Hole 9: Good fairway drive, nice 5 wood from 240 out, to middle of the green, 2 putt birdie +3.

Played Thursday. Shot 44 on the front and I'm 2+ on the back through 15. I had to stop and leave so I will finish the round Monday. If I par out I shoot 82.

i shot an 86 yesterday in a 4 ball club competition which was best 2 net scores on each hole.
we were joint top with 124 but had a worse inward 9 so came 2nd..still had great fun.
the round included a duck hook first drive about 150 yards that ended up here:
51f03f2a.jpg

one penalty drop and a few shots later i start my card with a 7.. :)
and yes, full winter gear in July. the great scottish summer.

Some great rounds everyone. Nice shot Brian_G, lol. Glad you had fun, even in the cold.

Hmmmm what club would you use for that shot??

i used a driver :) you can just see it on the ground in the background measuring 2 lengths for my drop ..LOL

Played 9 this afternoon and shot a 52. Really struggled with the driver again today until the last 3 holes. I'm finding that my scores are a direct result of how well my tee shots are now. Good tee shots=wedges and short irons for 2nd/3rd shots vs. hybrids or mid-irons. Fortunately my wedges were crisp today and my putting was back to form (16 putts). Next range session will be almost exclusively driver practice so I can try to fix this sudden issue before my weekend rounds

Played a new course this morning called TangleWood Manor in Quarryville, PA. Super nice course. It was green and lush even with how hot and dry its been. We had a lot of rain yesterday so the greens were really soft and vulnerable. Shot a 49 on the front with mostly bogeys and double bogeys, just couldnt quite get into one of those nice grooves. But, started off birdie, par , par, par on the back shooting a 40. I came back to OEM's normal game for the last 3 holes but the damage was already done, came away with a 89. Im very pleased as I got no practice in all week working 10 hour days. Ive never had 3 birdie tries in a row like I did on the back nine. And what Im most proud of? I played the whole round with the same ball! I LOVE that lol. And only had one 3 putt all day!

Last edited:
Great round OEM!!! 40 on the back is a tremendous way to finish
Played a new course this morning called TangleWood Manor in Quarryville, PA. Super nice course. It was green and lush even with how hot and dry its been. We had a lot of rain yesterday so the greens were really soft and vulnerable. Shot a 49 on the front with mostly bogeys and double bogeys, just couldnt quite get into one of those nice grooves. But, started off birdie, par , par, par on the back shooting a 40. I came back to OEM's normal game for the last 3 holes but the damage was already done, came away with a 89. Im very pleased as I got no practice in all week working 10 hour days. Ive never had 3 birdie tries in a row like I did on the back nine. And what Im most proud of? I played the whole round with the same ball! I LOVE that lol. And only had one 3 putt all day!

Great round OEM!!! 40 on the back is a tremendous way to finish

Thanks! Yeah my back nine was strong! Funny thing, I didnt hit driver till 17! I was hitting the Super Hybrid all day and hitting it well. And for those that dont requent the OEM thread, I didnt use the brush t's today at all. I think it helped too

Nice back nine OEM! I seem to be on a different schedule with my game as i continue to shoot solid on the front and then add strokes on the back. Shooting a 40 on the back nine at a new to you course is good stuff.

nice shot brian_G!! way to lay up! :D

Nice 40 on the back nine there OEM!

I went out today and shot a 94, i wasn't real happy with it since i had a 6 hole stretch in the middle that I was only 1 over par on. I had too many doubles and a couple of triples that really killed me.

Went to the course this evening for a quick nine holes. On the 5th hole, I ran into some friends who were playing with their son and DIL and 2.5 yr old grandson. After visiting for a minute, I went back to the 4th hole to get my ball and heard a crash. The grandson had jumped in the cart and went straight into the pond before anyone could blink an eye! Needless to say there were a lot of screams and everyone raced to get him. He was screaming and crying but only had a bruised face. The cart had turned over and was halfway submerged. They had to get a tractor to get it out. Grandmomma fell on her way to get him and skinned herself up a bit. Mom's brand new smart phone is in the pond somewhere. We were all shook up so we didn't finish our round.

Those of you who take your kids, PLEASE BE CAREFUL to keep them away from the carts when you're not in them. This kid was very lucky not to be trapped under the cart.

p.s. I found a $20 bill on the course today. Played the lottery and lost it. Easy come, easy go. I never win that's why I usually don't play!

Only got to play nine today but played well. That putter I won is money! I had 11 putts for 9 holes and shot a 2 over 37! Missed a 20 foot eagle chip by one rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back