Taylormade Burner TP Vs TP Black Vs Penta...

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
I have a sleeve or two of each of these balls in the bag when I got out on the course and I don't I have decided on which ones I really like... I currently shoot 90-100 and I need the most help on my short game and putting... each ball seems like they are decent on short game and putting... can you guys pls tell me what the main difference are with these balls...

I know that the Burner TP & TP Black are both 3 pcs construction, the Penta, obviously 5 layers... I'm leaning towards just playing with the TP Black since it's one of the favorite ball of my golf pro... the Penta I just like coz of the 5 layers... price is really not an issue...

Thanks for any input... I'm new here so sorry if questions are really newbie'ish...

here you go man. taylormades site with the different balls and how they work. alot easier for you to read that than me try to explain it lol

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainlevel/golfshop/balls.html

but like many will say here get fitted for a ball, and just because your golf pro plays a certain ball doesnt mean you should play that ball.
also click on the banter above and try the bfit. you can get fitted for a bridgestone ball by the info you put in and even talk to someone live. its a pretty cool experience, check it out. if you have problems just reply here and one of us will help out.

edit: sorry tc did not see your post till after. but very good info!

Last edited:
Thanks guys... I appreciate the quick reply...

I'm also trying out these following balls... Bridgestone E6, E7; Srixon TriSpeed, Z Star; Nike Vapor Speed; Titleist ProV1, V1x

I tried the ball fitting on Bridgestone and Srixon... was fitted with BR330-RX and Srixon TriSpeed... the Bridgestone I wanted to try out the E6 to help with slicing and the E7 to help with what I think is a high ball flight... I also checked out the Taylormade site for the balls but still a little confused, I guess... I tried to do as much reading as I can before posting questions but I appreciate all the links you guys provide so I can read more... btw, I'm quite excited that Bridgestone will be in my area on the 21st so I plan on going to my first Ball Fitting event... :)

dunno if any of this helped but on to reading more... LoLz...

here you go man. taylormades site with the different balls and how they work. alot easier for you to read that than me try to explain it lol

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainlevel/golfshop/balls.html#30

but like many will say here get fitted for a ball, and just because your golf pro plays a certain ball doesnt mean you should play that ball.
also click on the banter above and try the bfit. you can get fitted for a bridgestone ball by the info you put in and even talk to someone live. its a pretty cool experience, check it out. if you have problems just reply here and one of us will help out.

edit: sorry tc did not see your post till after. but very good info!

no worries bridges, good info!!!

Thanks guys... I appreciate the quick reply...

I'm also trying out these following balls... Bridgestone E6, E7; Srixon TriSpeed, Z Star; Nike Vapor Speed; Titleist ProV1, V1x

I tried the ball fitting on Bridgestone and Srixon... was fitted with BR330-RX and Srixon TriSpeed... the Bridgestone I wanted to try out the E6 to help with slicing and the E7 to help with what I think is a high ball flight... I also checked out the Taylormade site for the balls but still a little confused, I guess... I tried to do as much reading as I can before posting questions but I appreciate all the links you guys provide so I can read more... btw, I'm quite excited that Bridgestone will be in my area on the 21st so I plan on going to my first Ball Fitting event... :)

dunno if any of this helped but on to reading more... LoLz...

TM177-i've also been doing a review of the rx/rxs from bridgestone. if you'd like to read that here's the link:
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-s-Bridgestone-Tour-B330RX-amp-B330RXS-Review

I'm not just a TP/BLACK fan, I'm a disciple.

If you don't like the Blacks, send 'em my way!

the link i gave you for taylormade will tell you the differences in each ball.

the penta is a very good ball. it should give you the most spin off irons and check more on chips, pitches. and it feels very good off the putter. of thats my opinion about the putter thing but the penta is a top priced ball for a reason. if you can control it and it fits your game then go for it. but no sense in trying to play it and pay 45 bucks a dozen if you cant control it..

thats awesome about the bridgestone fitting in your area, you will be really shocked with what you find out and im almost willing to bet you will the right ball for you when you get to try out all the balls and see the results on the monitor.

Thank you again everyone... I just found out that there's a clinic with multiple manufacturers will be there on the 24th... yay!!!

I'm actually on the TM site again reading about them... and will read the review for the Bridgestones... I really like the e series reviews... thanks for all the hard work... :)

Back