Tin Cup Ball Mark Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a really cool product. Thanks for the review!

Did everyone get my humor with the Clemson Tiger paw?

yes, i got it GG, but i despise clemson. as an avid tarheel fan and one who grew up less than hour away from clemson, and most everyone around me being a clemson fan, i've learned to not like them. in fact, i'd put them under duke to tell you the truth.

anyway, pretty neat product the tin cup ball mark. it's not really my style b/c i don't like a "busy" golf ball, but i'm sure there's a huge market out there for these.

cool little product and great review!

Nice review. I always mark mine with a double diamond for clam fist. Maybe I should say usually mark with a double diamond. Sometimes I write a one word message like smile, relax, or easy. I guess what I am getting at is I change up too much for this product, but it would be nice for those that mark the same way each time.

My only question is that now that they have a THP! Tin Cup, is there any way we can get that one?

Love the product! I think we will begin to find some interesting marked balls in them woods soon enough.

My only question is that now that they have a THP! Tin Cup, is there any way we can get that one?

I saw your question in the comments and I was about to respond there but this is something I am hoping to talk to the company about this week or early next week.

Please do! I hope so.

That's a pretty cool, very simple gadget!! I like it!

I have been using these for a few weeks now and love them.

The product does look great and a wonderful idea but I am a bit concerned abou the company itself and in particular the customer service. I ordered one of these back on 6/28 and i am still waiting for it. When I questioned about it on 7/8, I received an email that the product i wanted was temporarily out of stock but they expected them in and I should have it this week. I questioned why I was not told that it was out of stock and they said they were working on letting people know at time of delivery when such a situation exists. Still dont have it and have receive no communication at all from the company. Shame on you Tin-Cup!!

Well I finally got my marker todayand I thought I would share a pic of the first one I did...

TinCupRhino.jpg

that's one big horn!!

beware of the horn!

Cool idea. I sent them a message asking about college logos. But, I have no plans on paying $50 for one. I'll wait for the $18 versions to come out. Make great Christmas/Birthday presents.

Such a cool process for creation:
http://tincupgolf.blogspot.com/2014/03/how-are-tin-cups-made.html
[h=3]How are Tin Cups Made?[/h]Don’t you love the show, “How It’s Made”? So do we! Here's the Tin Cup version--read on to see how stainless steel goes from “simple” to “spiffed up” Tin Cups!

As we walk into the expansive building where Tin Cups are made, we make our first stop in the computer room. This is where the cutters use software to translate your image into computer language, so it can be “drawn” by machinery. We want your design just right, so sometimes there are several "back-and-forths" to make sure your design will both fit on the Tin Cup and be large enough so that you can fill it in with a sharpie. Once we’ve perfected the computerized design, the design gets sent to a laser cutter.

So now to the fun part, we venture into the warehouse where the large machinery, including the laser cutters run, and we hear the comforting clank of industry. The staff place 64 plain round steel Tin Cups into a tray and the tray is then slid under the laser cutter. We see sparks fly as the laser cuts each and every Tin Cup design out of the stainless steel. The cutter cuts 64 Tin Cups in about 15 minutes.

After the laser finishes, the Tin Cups are removed and placed in a tumbler to polish the Tin Cups and take the “burr” off.

The buffer contains ceramic pellets that polish around 300 Tin Cups for 10 minutes. Then the polished Tin Cups are placed in a bucket, like a bunch of clams.

The Tin Cups are then dunked into water to clean them of any leftover debris and soap.

The cups are then dried to 259 degrees, and then the holes are punched.

Big fan of the tin cup

Back