British Open Championship [Spoilers]

You must have missed our interview with him and him laughing and smiling. Maybe its just GG made him smile, she does for me.

Johnny Miller has been using that for years now.

I've missed that interview and will be going back to archives and find it. He is a good interview

If Johnny Miller said it, I wouldn't have heard it because I mute the tV when he's the commentator :)

Tiger is in the gorse! That was an AWFUL swing

I think it'd be cool to see Jin Jeong put up a great round today and remain near the top for tomorrow.
They said during online coverage yesterday his nickname is "the Doorbell." :)

Is it just me? Or is it the fact that ever since Tiger said he overcooked his iron shot on the 17th at the AT&T, every announcer is using it?

Well used phrase over here. I reckon Eldrick nicked it from us English !

Did they show Ken Brown's Seve interview over in the States ?

Very emotional.

Did they show Ken Brown's Seve interview over in the States ?

Very emotional.

They aired a different version of it. Very good.

They said during online coverage yesterday his nickname is "the Doorbell." :)
"Oooo mister Oosthuizen you've got a rather large lead with no one in sight. *ding Dong* who's that at the door?
JIN JEONG!!!!"

what an odd nickname.
which of the korean amateurs is he? Is he the one who won the Scottish Am recently? (Not sure that's what its called, I think it was played at murfield a few weeks ago)

Stenson just chipped an eagle at 13! Unreal shot. Wind is definitely picking up Fanny's hair is flying all over the place

Stenson just chipped an eagle at 13! Unreal shot. Wind is definitely picking up Fanny's hair is flying all over the place

I just said the same thing. Her hair is a good wind measure

Well so much for getting any of my out of house, before noon errands done today... Sat down to watch an hour of golf and now look, 4 hours later, here I still am. Glued to my TV watching The Open and chatting with you all. Compared to the blood bath that yesterday was, it is nice to actually see some balls in the air.

OMG! Phil just put his ball up against the wall at the Road Hole. He's done, done, done...

I would like to see Calc do well and pull a Watson.

THANK YOU!!! I can now watch golf when ESPN is just focusing on Tiger standing around...

I don't think I've seen a shot by Tiger or Phil shown on the BBC. The didn't show Louis tee off either which I thought was alittle odd.

Something else I've notices, doesn't seem to be much bunker activity today either.

And that was an unreal shot of Phil's to get off the wall. 'course he missed the putt.

TW drops another one. He is heading the wrong direction. I guess moving day can mean both ways.

anyone else feel kind of embarrassed that our world number one golfer hasnt won since September of last year? you would think a world number 1 could win atleast once in 10 months. just kind of embarrassing to golf that he cant win, in my opinion.

I think it'd be cool to see Jin Jeong put up a great round today and remain near the top for tomorrow.

I'm going for him because he has the same Rocky headcover that I do...

anyone else feel kind of embarrassed that our world number one golfer hasnt won since September of last year? you would think a world number 1 could win atleast once in 10 months. just kind of embarrassing to golf that he cant win, in my opinion.

I don't...if you look at him since the last british he has a top 4 in two majors and a runner up in the other. When I think of the world number one I look for someone who is going to show up on the big stages. Not looking so hot right now, hopefully he can turn it around.

I don't...if you look at him since the last british he has a top 4 in two majors and a runner up in the other. When I think of the world number one I look for someone who is going to show up on the big stages. Not looking so hot right now, hopefully he can turn it around.

talking about a WORLD number 1 though. i dont thing a couple top 4 finishes cut it. i think atleast a few wins or maybe a major and a couple wins would make me think he is the number 1 golfer but no wins and a couple top 4 finishes just doesnt do it for me.

talking about a WORLD number 1 though. i dont thing a couple top 4 finishes cut it. i think atleast a few wins or maybe a major and a couple wins would make me think he is the number 1 golfer but no wins and a couple top 4 finishes just doesnt do it for me.

Its debated every major here. I think the system stinks. But they base it on what someone has done over 2 years. Flawed to say the least when Ochoa was number one forever without doing anything, and there are clearly players in every tournament outplaying Woods. No question he was the best player in the world 2 years ago, but right now he is not. He will be back, Im sure of that, but it is a flawed system and unfortunately it is all we have right now.

As for ddec's thoughts, I agree to an extent, but there are players that have done better on the largest stages as well.

The World Rankings need adjustment to reflect what is going on over the last few months IMO.

Back