Taylormade Burner Super Fast Fairway Wood Review

I'm between the Superfast and the Diablo Edge Tour 3 woods right now. Hit them both pretty good. I think the fact I can get the DET for pretty cheap on the Bay sways it in the DET's favor.

Nice job on the write-up. This is the best 3 wood I have hit and I am considering putting one in my bag.

already ahead of you, i have been hitting mine for over a month now, and off the tee and off the deck is simply superb. straight as an arrow and really really long.

Looking forward to the driver review, as its the superfast and supertri im considering greatly.

So I went to the local GolfTown last night and hit this club. I have to say I agree with what others have been saying, it is CRAZY LONG. In fact it was too long for me I think. I compared it side by side with a Nike VR Str-8 fit 3 wood, and the TM Superfast was longer than it by at least 10y. Needless to say I was bombing it out there, according to the simulator (which I believe is juiced) my club head speed was anywhere from 100-112MPH, ball speed in the 140mph+ range. The Sim said I was hitting it about 280-300. That is just plain too far for a 3w, in fact it was only about 10y shorter than a new R9 that was there (couldn't see exactly what it was)

I didn't seem to be hitting it all the straight, but I felt a lot of my best shots didn't register on the sim. I had a consistent draw, and most of the hits stayed in play. I would love to test this on the range/course where I can judge for myself how accurate it is. I don't really trust the sims for some reason.

If this was available in a 4w loft I would highly consider it. But for now I'll stick with my old 4w as I know the distance of that one.

I did try the VR Hybrid and I really like that (that was the only one I tried so nothing to compare it to) so Biggsy you were right I may like that, and end up picking one of them up.

My favorite part about the Super Fast is the beautiful sound it makes when your hit it pure...my favorite sounding/looking club in the bag.

I've been eyeballing this 3wd for awhile, I really love the look of it at address. Has anyone tried this with the 70 gram Motore? Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but it seems weird to me to go from 65-70 gram shaft in my driver to a 45-50 gram shaft in my 3wd.

I bit and picked one up yesterday. Didn't get to test ballflight (indoors) but for $200 I can always return it. Hopefully this can finally replace my 580 3wood.

I noticed a few people mentioned the Diablo Edge 3 wood. How would you compare that (setup, distance, forgiveness) to this Superfast? Curious because I use the driver.

I bit and picked one up yesterday. Didn't get to test ballflight (indoors) but for $200 I can always return it. Hopefully this can finally replace my 580 3wood.

I noticed a few people mentioned the Diablo Edge 3 wood. How would you compare that (setup, distance, forgiveness) to this Superfast? Curious because I use the driver.

OEM Kevin compared it in another thread. He preferred the distance and forgiveness in the SuperFast to the Diablo Edge.

I lost the headcover on my 07 Burner 3w and decided to get a new one(3w, not headcover) Mental, I know:). It just came yesterday and WOW! It's long and straight.

I LOVED the 07 Burner. I could hit it 250+- off the deck but never tee'd off with it as I was never great with it off a tee. Hit them too high and lost distance.

Today I played 27 holes with the Superfast and tee'd off side by side with my driver. Out of 18 holes, the Superfast beat the driver 4 times, was about tied 9 times. I had one at 288 yrds and one at 290 yrds. My ave drive is 280 so that was awesome.

I was worried about hitting off the deck with the deep face and it does launch a little lower for me but it goes super far. Hole 1 par five i snap hooked into left rough 270 out and hit if 10-12 yrds short out of the rough.

Hole 12, hit it 280 off the tee, backed it up with 2nd shot 265 pin high left. Both with the 3w.

Last par 5, had 255 in and didn't hit it perfect, pushed it pin high right. Super long and forgiving. What more could you want!

I have rarely hit 3w off the tee as I hit the driver pretty well, but this goes almost as far and definately straighter. I'll give additional updates after my men's club tournement tomorrow.

so as many of you know, i have not had a 3wood in the bag for quite some time. it was part experiment and part due to the fact that i am a lefty and that i live in an area that isn't littered with many golf shop(s) and those that we do have, have a minimal selection for those of us that swing from the right side of the ball.

i was hoping that team THP could/would have plenty of LH fairway woods and hybrids to demo at the fall outing at PGA NATIONAL. if they were/are going to have items, i wanted to demo on the launch monitor and let data stear me in the right direction. the club that peaked my interest more than any other was Taylormade's Superfast 3wood. many of you do not know that my professional life is spent in the digital advertising arena and i have been more than happy helping JB and GG out with some of the banner advertisements that you see on THP.com. it's something that i am more than happy to help them out with and low and behold, they hooked me up with a "thank you" gift:

34639_416326348426_537878426_4507244_6926751_n.jpg

34639_416326353426_537878426_4507245_7601965_n.jpg

34639_416326358426_537878426_4507246_7496086_n.jpg

i'm visiting the in laws in TN this weekend and the father in law and i played a round at Andrew Johnson Golf Club in Greeneville, TN this morning. it's a short course and we played from 1 tee box up from the tips, mostly due to the fact that he's just beginning to play this wonderful game. the course played 5691 yards from those tee boxes so it was a great way for me to hit the new 3w as much as possible, in fact, i didn't hit driver once today.

all i can say is that this 3wood lives up to the hype! i am extremely impressed with the distance, the ball flight, and the forgiveness. it's going to be really hard not to want to hit this indefinitely off the tee. i probably averaged around 245-250 off the tee with it (based of scorecard yardage from tee and what i had left to middle of the green, which i know isn't super accurate) and i can already tell you that my confidence in this club is sky high. i birdie'd the par 5 15th (495 yards) and i tee'd off with the superfast, went for it in two in the superfast and landed on the front of the green!

i want to thank JB and GG for the wonderful gift! i am always willing to give you guys any help that i can offer, i hope you know that. this was truly a generous act and i expected absolutely nothing for my assistance. your generosity and kindness, along with so many wonderful forum members is truly what makes THP a special place. thank you again.

You earned it. For all the help you have given us over the last few months, it was the least we could do. I am glad you are enjoying it and thank you again for all of your help.

Awesome to hear TC. You did some great work. That 3 wood is da :bomb:! It just launches the ball. I'm sure it will serve you well, I know it helps me plenty.

Congrats on the new club TC. Glad to hear all the positive stuff about this thing since mine should be here this week: )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i have to tell you, i'll be using this club a lot off the tee. it's plenty long and it's ridiculously easy to hit. one thing i did notice is that i had a tendency to draw the ball a little bit. not sure if my fade is just working its way out of my swing or what, but i liked having the fairly straight to slight draw ball flight. i can't wait to hear more opinions from those of you who are putting this club in the bag.

Is the face slightly closed on the fairway woods? I know it is slightly on the driver. That could be switching you from baby fades to slight draws.

Is the face slightly closed on the fairway woods? I know it is slightly on the driver. That could be switching you from baby fades to slight draws.

great question dirt, and unfortunately, i don't have the answer but i am sure that someone does. it's possible though and that would make the most sense.

Ive been in tc's ear quite a bit about this club since I got mine. I love mine and its good to see tc likes it too. He kept asking me what was so good and I kept saying it just goes when you hit it and its easy to hit. Awesome of THP to hook him up! I think the SuperFast 3W is the easiest 3W there is to hit and a great club!

Ive been in tc's ear quite a bit about this club since I got mine. I love mine and its good to see tc likes it too. He kept asking me what was so good and I kept saying it just goes when you hit it and its easy to hit. Awesome of THP to hook him up! I think the SuperFast 3W is the easiest 3W there is to hit and a great club!

no doubt OEM, you played a major role in my desire to get a hold of this club, and i must say, your assessment was spot on!!!! i'm glad to be in the super bad fast club.

Nice gift TC, congrats!

and welcome to the club!!

BTW both the Driver and the woods are slightly closed according to TGW.

Awesome present. You didn't have to find a 3 wood. Your 3 wood found you.

Awesome gesture by JB and GG and I am sure you deserved it! Enjoy your new stick and bomb it long.

Awesome gesture and well deserved TC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any problems off the deck with the deeper clubface. Just from the pictures I've seen it seems to be deeper than the g10 I play now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back