British Open Championship [Spoilers]

part of me wants to see that top 2 finish around -8 then tomorrow would be crazy. I don't think they will though, both Louis and Casey are playing very well.

Dustin Johnson quietly puts up a 69 today and sits at -6 going into tomorrow. not much talk about him this weekend. i think i saw maybe 2 or 3 of his shots shown on espn.

Is this not on TV for anyone else?

ABC (who is supposed to be carrying it) is showing some "homecoming" show

wow 55 footer for birdie by the leader (dont know how to spell his last name lol) 3 strokes up now.

wow 55 footer for birdie by the leader (dont know how to spell his last name lol) 3 strokes up now.

he played very well today i thought. Part of me hopes he can hold on now tomorrow. Although I would also like to see someone shoot a great round and come from behind to put some pressure on him

Martin Tyler needs to commentate golf!! (The EPL Soccer broadcaster)

Should be a very interesting final round, my guess is Paul Casey wins it.

I will be the first one to say this, the Open has been a big letdown for me. Low scores and fairly good weather consistently throughout the week have shown me just how much more I prefer Augusta and the US Open as for tests of golf. Just my opinion of course and many will disagree and that is cool too.

But I have watched hours of this and it just does not have the same appeal. The history is great, but outside that, there is little appeal to me other than my job part of things.

Agreed. I was thinking this yesterday while watching it. This year it's very blah and boring so far. Not sure if it's because there's not a household name at the top of the leaderboard or if there just hasn't been great golf being played right now

Agreed. I was thinking this yesterday while watching it. This year it's very blah and boring so far. Not sure if it's because there's not a household name at the top of the leaderboard or if there just hasn't been great golf being played right now

It could be either, but I have still always enjoyed golf tournaments despite the names. And players like Westwood and Casey are pretty big names. But it just does not have that must sit down and watch hours of TV feel for me.

They arent big enough names. Its sad to say that without Phil or Tiger in contention, there is way less excitement. With Tiger in 3rd, or Phil in 3rd, only 2 or 3 strokes away, it adds a pressure like no other. And that brings out excitement in TV. I dont think anyone can dispute that when Tiger is in true contention, everything is just that much more exciting. This is all in my opinion of course
It could be either, but I have still always enjoyed golf tournaments despite the names. And players like Westwood and Casey are pretty big names. But it just does not have that must sit down and watch hours of TV feel for me.

We just got a post from someone on our facebook page that said that Tiger has been spotted on the practice green with the Scotty again. I also see that Quiros is -5 for today, very nice!

They arent big enough names. Its sad to say that without Phil or Tiger in contention, there is way less excitement. With Tiger in 3rd, or Phil in 3rd, only 2 or 3 strokes away, it adds a pressure like no other. And that brings out excitement in TV. I dont think anyone can dispute that when Tiger is in true contention, everything is just that much more exciting. This is all in my opinion of course

That may be teh case for some, but it really isnt for me. To me guys like Westwood and Casey are just fine. For the casual fan it certainly is the case that they need 1 or 2 to be there, but to me this tournament is just missing something for my viewing pleasure.

GG,
It has been confirmed that TW is back with the Cameron Putter as of right now. And he birdied the 1st with it.

I dont see them as exciting at all. I mean, they are definitely solid golfers, but they arent shotmakers IMO.
That may be teh case for some, but it really isnt for me. To me guys like Westwood and Casey are just fine. For the casual fan it certainly is the case that they need 1 or 2 to be there, but to me this tournament is just missing something for my viewing pleasure.

I think to me it is more than any of that and most of it has to do with the course. The history is incredible, the tournaments in the past have been legendary, but to me its not great to watch. Again my opinion, and I know I am in the minority, but visually it leaves a lot to be desired as a TV viewer no matter how big and how clear our HDTV is.

On one of the feeds Im watching, they keep referring to tiger as the great one. Its awkward to watch

I believe Tom Watson is looking for his lucky charms today. How can one of the best dressed men on tour put that shirt and tie on with the jacket in the booth. I guess Polo is not scripting him in the booth...hehe

Back