HELP! Need final round recording of 2010 British Open for Commentator quote

bstonerjk

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Fellow THPers,

yesterday, during the final round coverage of the Open, one of the commentators (i believe it may have been Weiskopf) made some comment about how important driving performance is for a golf game. I'm hoping someone out there has the tournament dvr'd or taped and can find that quote for me. If you have it and can share the exact quote with me that would be much appreciated. If you can't or don't want to find time finding that quote, if someone has a taped version that can send me, that would be much appreciated, as well. Please PM me if you have that recording or if you know the quote I'm referring to.

Thanks,
BstonerJK

I remember that. The commentater was asking louis oost what he felt was the most important part of golf and louis said the tee shot. I don't have it recorded but they're re showing the fourth round on espn 2 RIGHT NOW. Louis was teeing off when the commentater talked about it. don't remember which hole but it was defintly the back nine.

I remember that. The commentater was asking louis oost what he felt was the most important part of golf and louis said the tee shot. I don't have it recorded but they're re showing the fourth round on espn 2 RIGHT NOW. Louis was teeing off when the commentater talked about it. don't remember which hole but it was defintly the back nine.

for some reason i think it was 16 or 17

yeah I was thinking those two holes exactly. 17 makes sense cuz of the blind tee shot but im' not sure if I remember that shot tracking line they had on all tee shots off the 17th.

They're on 17 right now. Did you catch it? I wasn't paying attention. Watching Predator 2 on G4. sorry.

I went to my DVR scheduler and taped it, so I won't know until I get home. It was definitely late in the round. 16 may have been the hole.

I went to my DVR scheduler and taped it, so I won't know until I get home. It was definitely late in the round. 16 may have been the hole.

I remember it being some odd "high handicap player" style logic. I got that feeling because the idea was that the driver was the most important club in the bag. I'm curious to actually hear the logic behind it. not gonna mock it cuz the guy who said it is flying home with the claret jug next to him.

Back