Wingnut

Reaction score
Handicap
10 ish
OK I live and Play in Germany even though I am an American. So first off which rule book do I get and go by. Second, and more to the point, if I hit an approach into a green that right on line, and it hits a power line over head and it ricochets into a hazard, ie. water, bunker, or OB. How do I proceed?

thanks,
wingnut

Well, you listen for the whispers in the winds of a faint Romes across the pond. "Come on cup, you got this shot" "Now hit the fuk'in ball so we can go drink some Whiskey!" ;-)

Wingnut I know this sounds unfair, but here it is. Unless there is a local rule (check the scorecard and pro shot) that states if you hit the power lines you get to replay the shot, the rule is it is rub of the green. Meaning it is just like hitting a tree branch. You will have to play the next shot where it ends up. If it goes out of bounds you get to try the shot again with the penalty. This is a great question to ask before you go out to play.

Wingnut I know this sounds unfair, but here it is. Unless there is a local rule (check the scorecard and pro shot) that states if you hit the power lines you get to replay the shot, the rule is it is rub of the green. Meaning it is just like hitting a tree branch. You will have to play the next shot where it ends up. If it goes out of bounds you get to try the shot again with the penalty. This is a great question to ask before you go out to play.

As above. Check the local rules. I play in France and there are power lines crossing over some of the fairways. There they have a Local rule that allows a free drop or a a new shot from the original position if the ball hits the power lines.

No one speaks English ( Amerikan) enough to understand what I am asking, and my score card is in German. :banghead:

Was kann ich tun, wenn meine ball hits der power pole?

Most of the time I have played courses with a crossing power line, there has been a local rule that any shot hitting the line has to be replayed.

Back