THP fall outing.......what gives?

If I were in driving distance wild horses couldn't keep me away. For those who can make it, I have no doubt this will be about as much fun as a person can have with their clothes on. Have fun and show me the pic's.

"We don't have to take our... clothes off. To have a good time. Oh no."

I can attest to that, the man had to leave directly from the Cubs game and pass up drinks with yours truly because he had just found out he had to have something very very important ready by 6:30 a.m. the next morning.

Good question, TC.

It sounds like an awesome time, and I love hitting the links (and watering holes) with new pals. One-T and I talked about this very thing last week. Unfortunately, I am one of those flaking out; I have work commitments that I just cannot escape, despite my willingness to do so.

It is obvious to me that this job is seriously inhibiting your fun time, and more importantly getting to go to this outing. I think it is time to tell your boss good bye and move on!! :D

I can attest to that, the man had to leave directly from the Cubs game and pass up drinks with yours truly because he had just found out he had to have something very very important ready by 6:30 a.m. the next morning.

And unfortunately, One-T, by midnight it had become a non-starter and a waste of my time.

I am hoping to attend another THP event in the near future or, perhaps, have an awesome THP event in Chicagoland or in Wisconsin.

It is obvious to me that this job is seriously inhibiting your fun time, and more importantly getting to go to this outing. I think it is time to tell your boss good bye and move on!!

Rhino: I have often thought of doing the quitting scene from the movie "Half-Baked"... but, really, who hasn't.

I am hoping to attend another THP event in the near future or, perhaps, have an awesome THP event in Chicagoland or in Wisconsin.

We do need to set up and IL/WI outing one of these days. There are probably a dozen or more of us around.

Guys, TC is looking for some great info here, lets keep the banter and info about other outings to a minimum if we can. Thanks.

I have another cousin getting married the weekend before the outing in Clearwater. I just can't miss two weekends in a row at the Monkey Disco. I would love to make it. Have fun everyone!

Hey TC, great thread. Money is keeping us from going this year. I actually was giving serious thought to it. I hope that there will be many more to follow. I would probably make it next year, all things being equal.

You can't have too many left handed, Scotch drinking, cuss'in, high handicap Canadians... eh?

money and time are one issue, I can only sneak out so often

another thing is that I'm in CA already, so it's beautiful here too. Less of a reason to travel when it's nice where I am already

this is one of the things that i truly love about this site: honesty!! afterall, isn't honesty the one thing that THP is founded on? to get through all the hype, to break down the big marketing barriers about certain companie, and most important of all, to give honest feedback.

thanks to all who have been honest, and i understand that money and time and commitments are all huge setbacks, that's fine and i hope that all of those things work themselves out for all of you.

here's one thing though, has anyone from florida even commented? yes, i am somewhat surprised by the lack of interest from so many of you who are active and good people and people that i would love to meet one day. so i ask again, what gives?

this is one of the things that i truly love about this site: honesty!! afterall, isn't honesty the one thing that THP is founded on? to get through all the hype, to break down the big marketing barriers about certain companie, and most important of all, to give honest feedback.

thanks to all who have been honest, and i understand that money and time and commitments are all huge setbacks, that's fine and i hope that all of those things work themselves out for all of you.

here's one thing though, has anyone from florida even commented? yes, i am somewhat surprised by the lack of interest from so many of you who are active and good people and people that i would love to meet one day. so i ask again, what gives?

It sounds like we don't have any active members from Florida on here huh? I mean this would be like Christmas in September to share the fun, equipment, and good food. You down home guys/gals need to get on the ball and hook up to the best memories you will ever have in your golfing lives :eek:)!!!!!!!

silence speaks volumes i suppose.

silence speaks volumes i suppose.

It certainly does. I know that some look at this is "clicky" or "bully behavior". But in reality, I know that you guys are just trying to get more people to enjoy these outings. As a person that follows behaviors of people, I too question these things sometimes. Not for why people are not going, that is not my place nor my idea, but the no reason when someone is that close is interesting from an outsider looking in.

All I can say is that the people that do come, are going to have the time of their lives with pre-release equipment, TONS of contests, a huge banquet dinner on us, and playing golf at this resort where they have played the Ryder Cup, PGA Championship, and the Honda classic.

And 2-for-1 drinks!

It certainly does. I know that some look at this is "clicky" or "bully behavior". But in reality, I know that you guys are just trying to get more people to enjoy these outings. As a person that follows behaviors of people, I too question these things sometimes. Not for why people are not going, that is not my place nor my idea, but the no reason when someone is that close is interesting from an outsider looking in.

All I can say is that the people that do come, are going to have the time of their lives with pre-release equipment, TONS of contests, a huge banquet dinner on us, and playing golf at this resort where they have played the Ryder Cup, PGA Championship, and the Honda classic.

and i'm not trying to "bully" anyone, just trying to understand. hell, tell me it's none of my business, i don't care, at least it's something. thanks JB for putting it the way i meant to, i'm bad at this.

there's no doubt that this outing will blow the first one out of the water, and i just want others to experience what i did. i seriously have made friends for life from the first outing. have a number of the guys cell phone numbers and we talk very frequently, about guess what? golf!!!!! we all have this one thing in common and that's rare if you ask me.

AMEN!!!

We do need to set up and IL/WI outing one of these days. There are probably a dozen or more of us around.

I would LOVE it if this were to happen!!!

Kim

And this is the reason why I don't understand why more people aren't coming. Specially if you don't have to fly there. It's going to be such an amazing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would give away my first born son to make it, but my wife won't let me! :act-up:

It's just a bad combo of money and distance keeping me out. It's a long haul from the glaciers to the 'glades :(

Making it to a THP outing sounds like more fun than a bachelor weekend in Vegas, so future events are definitely at the top of my Bucket List.

And this is the reason why I don't understand why more people aren't coming. Specially if you don't have to fly there. It's going to be such an amazing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I am wondering. I am probably travelling the furthest for this outing ( with the exception of 9-iron man) and I was probably one of the first three people to sign up for this. I am not saying my financial situation is any better than anyone elses and if it is for financial reasons you cant make it then that is understandable. What I do not understand is how people who live in Florida or the surrounding areas have not gobbled up the spots for this outing. When this outing was in the thought process after the first one at JB & GG's house, I was pushing for the outing to be in Calif or Vegas so it would be closer to me (selfishly of course) so some spots would be available, because I knew of the large member base on the east coast and the Florida area as well. When it was announced it to be in Florida again I moved quickly to secure my spot in this awesome opportunity.

So let me be the bad guy and ask the question to my fellow members from Florida and places nearby who have not registered for this outing. Why have you become a member of this site? Are you really lovers of golf or did you join just to enter contests and win prizes? I don't really need to hear answers to the questions I am asking. If you have joined this site because you love the game of golf and talking about it and playing it with others then there is no reason you should not register to join us in September. It would cost roughly $300-$500 for two days of golf along with the opportunity to hit the newest clubs, chat with knowledgeable people about the game. Have a teaching pro that many feel is second to none as far as the help he can offer. On top of that, you will be fed for free, drink for free, and possibly win a price that costs more than the money you paid for the trip. If the reason is financial, then let me put it this way, if you save $5-$10 a day from today to the first day of the outing, your trip would be paid for, it is not as tough as it may seem. I really hope to see alot of people at the outing in September.

I'd love to make it, but the first three months at work started out really slow. I was cashing in my vacation days just to get a 40-hour pay week; I now only have 3 1/2 days left for the rest of the year. Work has now exploded; have been on 7-day work weeks since mid April. There is absolutely no way I could get 5 days off in a row to make it down there.

To those that will be going, I hope you all have fun and make it a great success so that future outings will be planned. Come January 1st, I'll have 3 new weeks of vacation time to burn; Spring 2011 is a definite possibility for me - whether it be in Florida again, or in the Midwest or New England.

Guys - I understand the sentiment behind the question, but we are talking about a golf trip in the middle of the worst economic times in many of our adult lives. While we all love this great game we share, even the $300 hotel/golf cost is not trivial to many people, much less the travel expenses for us non-Floridians. Getting to demo all the equipment is great, but keep in mind that the $300 is equivalent to BUYING one of the drivers. While I am certainly envious of the golf budgets a lot of my friends here have (and I love to live vicariously through you all), a lot of people cant spend the money on the trip, then come home and buy all the great things they tested. It's really (at best) one or the other.

Again, you guys know I would love to be there, and I fully plan on making it in the spring, but I'm not sure it is completely fair to ask people to answer this question publicly. To anyone who's economics are not as big of a concern, this is an opportunity to meet outstanding individuals, and people you will leave there considering friends.

Besides I see this as a travelling group that will grow as more of these events are held due to the great time every one has. I don't know of anyone who came to the first one and flat out does not want to come to the second one. As more and more people make it for their first time, the group of repeat visitors will grow along with more people trickling in for the first time.

Off the soap box now :act-up:

Guys - I understand the sentiment behind the question, but we are talking about a golf trip in the middle of the worst economic times in many of our adult lives. While we all love this great game we share, even the $300 hotel/golf cost is not trivial to many people, much less the travel expenses for us non-Floridians. Getting to demo all the equipment is great, but keep in mind that the $300 is equivalent to BUYING one of the drivers. While I am certainly envious of the golf budgets a lot of my friends here have (and I love to live vicariously through you all), a lot of people cant spend the money on the trip, then come home and buy all the great things they tested. It's really (at best) one or the other.

Again, you guys know I would love to be there, and I fully plan on making it in the spring, but I'm not sure it is completely fair to ask people to answer this question publicly. To anyone who's economics are not as big of a concern, this is an opportunity to meet outstanding individuals, and people you will leave there considering friends.

Besides I see this as a travelling group that will grow as more of these events are held due to the great time every one has. I don't know of anyone who came to the first one and flat out does not want to come to the second one. As more and more people make it for their first time, the group of repeat visitors will grow along with more people trickling in for the first time.

Off the soap box now :act-up:

AD,
I actually completely agree with you. I think the frustration for some lies with the fact that there are so many people on this forum now that live within a couple of hours drive from the event. Forget about not being able to go for whatever reason, but to never even comment on the thing was what got everybody curious. I dont think anybody was asking for what the reasons, or whatever else. Or atleast they shouldnt be. But to never even comment on the event itself when the hours of labor and financial sacrifice that has gone on for some to put on and/or sacrifice to be there is what people were wondering about.

To use a very poor analogy, if Porsche opened a dealership right next to your house and you were on a Porsche forum all day long, some might expect you to at least leave a comment like "I hate Porsche, or they are great but not in the cards now, etc..."

If any of my rambling makes sense.

With me its two fold. I could get the wife to go in a heart-beat but she's a third-year med-student right now, if any doc's are on here they can vouch for how much time she has, and also I coach high-school football for a living, this is my peak time lol.

A spring outing though, I could try to get around a couple of track meets for lol

Back