Hello from Huntington Beach, Calif.

rrhb

Reaction score
I haven't played for 30 years but this May I picked up the game again.

I never was any good at the game the last time around, but this time I'm able to spend more time (and money) on it and I am slowly seeing the hoped for improvement as I play more.

I bought all the equipment that I am currently playing with based on reviews from THP. They include a set of Mizuno MX200 irons, a Mizuno MX700 driver and a Rife Bimini putter.

Love the site and the reviews.

Welcome to THP. Glad you found us. Thank you for the kind words on the reviews and you ended up with some great equipment there. We did not review the putter, but we have done quite a few other Rife products.

Check out the contest section as there are quite a few that are going on now.

Welcome to THP. Nice set of sticks in your bag!

I lived in Orange Country (Anaheim and Fullerton) for many years, but didn't take up golf until I moved up here so I've only played at a couple of SoCal courses. At which course do you play most often?

Hi JB,

Yeah, I should have been a bit more specific about the Rife. I did know that you hadn't done a review on the Bimini but I did pay close attention to what THP had to say about the RollGroove Technology because I couldn't tell whether that was something that actually worked or was just another useless gimick.

Hi bonkhead,

I do most of my practicing at Costa Mesa Country Club. I've played David L. Baker once and Meadowlark a few times.

My daughter's on the JV team at Edison and I'm trying to come up with a regular schedule for her to get more instruction and rounds at those three courses (and others too). My plan is to accompany her so that I can get some play time too.

Welcome aboard, Im a Southern Californian as well.

welcome!

Welcome rrhb!

Welcome, glad your here!

Welcome to THP, rrhb!

The Mizuno MX700 driver is a very forgiving club. Have fun with it.

Welcome to THP, rrhb. I lived in Huntington Beach for several years (worked at Jack's for a brief stint). Glad to hear you are starting to enjoy the game again.

Welcome RRHB.
Man Huntington beach is a great place to live I'm jealous. I went to school at UC Irvine like 10 years ago.
Back in college I had a job working at Rogers Garden (plant nursery) in Newport doing sales and deliveries. I once delivered to manhattan beach where this guy had the absolut BEST backyard putting green/chipping area i had ever seen. Back then he also had a huge collection of garden gnomes in his front yard. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is find that house, take pictures of the backyard, and upload them onto the site. Just joking around RRHB, welcome to the site.

This is a weird thread. The person posted his welcome message back almost a year ago. then I guess it was brought back up because of a driver. It must have been done while someone was searching for the driver. Oh well. Welcome again.

This is a weird thread. The person posted his welcome message back almost a year ago. then I guess it was brought back up because of a driver. It must have been done while someone was searching for the driver. Oh well. Welcome again.

lmao!!!

lol welcome aboard again!

haha didn't even notice that.

I was thinking the same thing JB.

lol looks like jetkirk is stirring up a bunch of old threads!

lol looks like jetkirk is stirring up a bunch of old threads!

Im sure it was just a search on MX-700 that brought them up. There is nothing wrong with bringing threads back to life, I kind of like it. Just found it odd that this was a check in desk one.

no doubt its cool looking back at all the old comments!

Well thank-you all again for your renewed welcome! :D

Still in Cali? Is Cali still there?

Back