Best driver that is at least 18 months old??

not the Sumo2(squared) but second generation Sumo 1?? (round)??

I agree, this is a great driver, still have it and go back to it from time to time.

Love my '07 TM Burner, after I replaced the stock 50g shaft with a UST PF V2 and shortening it from 46" to 44 1/2". Long and straight and really forgiving.

Nickent GH Plus Hyper-Forged 320, been through two state amatuer opens and a couple of college/service tourney's, its an 11*, old proforce gold stiff 44.75in, can STILL bomb this thing and in fact will use it when playing a VERY difficult/tight course since I am so consistent with it.

Great club, made Nickent in fact IMO and can be found for under $50 sometimes on the bay, craig's list etc.

I am even considering dropping in a very low launch shaft and putting it in the bag on a more consitent basis.

SO the FT-I tends toward a draw bias on most average swings??

I occasionally fight a bit of a hook with my driver and fairway woods and I haven't really had any problems with the FTi (I have the low launch LCG Tour version in neutral)...

As a duffer, I can't really work the ball with any sort of control, but I do know how to force a hook or a slice :p I have purposefully tried to do both with the FTi. I did notice that quite a bit more effort is required to make it move left to right than left to right, so it probably is biased towards a draw. (It's hard to make it do either really, because it really prefers to go straight...

Mizuno MX700 has really worked for me. My previous driver was an old Big Bertha.

In your opinion, what is the best driver that is at least 18 months old if not older??

Did Taylormade still have the market share 2 years ago?? (R7's and R5's?)

thx
bama
The original TM R9 and r9 460 have got to be coming up on 18 month mark right? The 460 is still in my bag (barely holding on thanks to the Superfast) And Ive seen them go for like 130-150 bucks now a days.
Are you asking the 18th month level because you're trying to find a balance between price/technology? My friends are big fans of the older Ping Drivers. (2 Raptures and a g10 in the bags) Those are going for pretty cheap now.
I'm a TM guy (for now.....) personally. So i'ld suggest the r9, r9 460, or the R7 lines. With the r9's you'ld get to also take advatange of their FCT Tech and movable weights.

Personally my favorite driver of all time was the Titleist 975D. Great pear shape head.

The correct answer is: Ping G10

Still my favorite driver of all-time.

Man I did it again. responding to posts from a year ago. haha oh well. its keeping me occupied at work.
two hours to go and I'll be playing a quick 9 on the local par 3 course. Maybe I'll start answering questions my buddies asked me two years ago. "yeah you're right batman begins is a great movie" haha

No worries, Snap. Earlier today I replied to an old review from Grey Golf touting the new Tour Balata balls from Titleist.

No worries, Snap. Earlier today I replied to an old review from Grey Golf touting the new Tour Balata balls from Titleist.

Ouch... man I havn't heard the word Balata in like 10 years now.
By the way, love the avatar pic. Don't care if Cowboy Bebop is like 15-20 years old now, still one of the best things ever made on television. Not just animated, best thing ever.

Big Bertha S2H2 with the Warbird soleplate. It was massive back in the day and now its smaller that alot of 3 woods heh.

Titleist 905S. Been in my bag for 3 years. Greatness.

only driver I've had is the Cleveland launcher 360 (used for $50). anyone else hit it before? I really like it and consistently outdrove the TM R9 I just tested. gonna get me some hybrids before I look at new drivers.

Ah, nostalgia. May bag is full of it, and unfortunately it isn't that good while it's still current. :D

I absolutely loved my Biggest Big Bertha, which I bought at Edwin Watts on my last trip to FL!

For me the Titleist 975d 7.5 43.5'' dgx100 was by far the best driver ive ever had. it got stolen and havent found anything i could control, shot shape or trajectory, and hit it as far as anything else.....anyone wanna trade for a superdeep? :rotfl:

Back