Cleveland CG7 (not tour) BP versus TaylorMade R9 (not tour)

mgcyr

Reaction score
Handicap
I am torn between the two. I was pretty well decided on the Clevelands, but the I read Josh's review on the R9's and am second guessing myself. I went to try them out this afternoon, and they are very nice.

Thoughts?

Both are EXCELLENT irons. You really cannot go wrong with either one. Both offer incredible performance, feel, and forgiveness. it will really come down to personal preference. Hit them both if you can and get a fitting and see which one works best.

The CG7's are very nice, just be sure to get the right shaft for you. Cleavland has a TON of shaft choices available from the factory. I am not super fond of the stock Cleavland steel shaft in mine, but I do like the irons.

So I ended up buying the CG7's today. I immediately payed a round with them. So sweet and easy to hit, particularly from the rough.
I really love the look at address, sooooo beautiful. It took a few holes to adjust to the distance. I hit them much higher than my old set (Wilson Ci7's) and I gave up a little distance (about half a club), but the contact is much more pure (at least it fet that way).

Back