Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

Great so we can still hear every single hybrid called a Baffler on tv lol

Irritating to say the least.

I think this is exactly the player that TM needed for their staff. They have some other guys that fit in nicely now.

Irritating to say the least.

I think this is exactly the player that TM needed for their staff. They have some other guys that fit in nicely now.

They really do have a nice group of staffers going on now. Pretty impressive to say the least. SuperFast driver coming right up for Camillo!

And some that I believe don't fit so nicely. I can think of a guy or two that I wish they would use Camillo to replace (through not renewing the K).

And some that I believe don't fit so nicely. I can think of a guy or two that I wish they would use Camillo to replace (through not renewing the K).

I agree there. For some companies it is about numbers, but they have lacked that top tier player for over a year now and this gives them that. As far as moving the needle anyway.

I know these guys are really good and theyre good no matter what equipment they use. But Id love to see some stats after he uses the TM equipment for a year versus his last year with the snakes. There seems to be more hiss then bite with the snakes!

I agree there. For some companies it is about numbers, but they have lacked that top tier player for over a year now and this gives them that. As far as moving the needle anyway.

Yep; and they have plenty of young guys, including Camilo, that can keep the TM name on the front pages: Kaymer, Rose, O'Hair, Dustin, Molinari. Some of these guys are close to being top-tier if not already there. Of course, Camilo brings the added bonus in a way that only "Sex Panther Cologne" brings.

TM now has tremendous TV commercial potential with DJ and Camillo.

They are already stars, but good marketing by TM can make them into mega super stars.

TM now has tremendous TV commercial potential with DJ and Camillo.

They are already stars, but good marketing by TM can make them into mega super stars.

I agree there, but both need to move to the next level. MAJORS or multiple wins this coming year.

This is a huge loss IMO for Cobra who needs a good young player to sell their snakes for them since they dont sell themselves very well. Unless your ol' gray who buys them anyway lol

Hey,,,, what can I say,,,, I am available :eek:)!

So without knowing any details as of right now, what are your thoughts on what he will have in his bag. Lets assume for arguments sake that it is a 14 club deal. We know that it wont be, but lets assume it is.

So without knowing any details as of right now, what are your thoughts on what he will have in his bag. Lets assume for arguments sake that it is a 14 club deal. We know that it wont be, but lets assume it is.

you gotta think he will take the superfast driver and 3wood.
r9 tp 3-pw
xft 52, 56, 60
and one of the ghost putters.

im probably dead wrong though lol

edit: he could ditch the 3 iron and go with the 09 tp 3 hybrid

I would say
SuperFast driver
08 Burner 3W
2-pw with whatever blade TM makes
XFT wedges
and a non ghost version of a Kia Ma Tour putter (to closely match his current SC putter)
Penta TP for the ball of course.

I don't know what putter he's got right now (Scotty?) but I'd be surprised if he wasn't carrying a Ghost. I'd bank on a Superfast driver too.....

You know that they might just make him a special staff bag that will be epic.

No your not, you are loyal without pay! :alien:

ha ha that's a good one JB. I think the Cobra line of clubs were designed for folks like me who are not professional grade players. It would not matter if the entire Cobra staff of pros jumped ship, if I like the product, and it works for me, that is all that matters. I am happy for Taymade and all you fans of TM that you got another good player on staff. That's about all I got to say.....

ha ha that's a good one JB. I think the Cobra line of clubs were designed for folks like me who are not professional grade players.

Now that I agree with. But you have to expect teh teasing when for over a year we have heard how great Camilo and Ian and the bunch were going to do each with their snakes.

I don't know what putter he's got right now (Scotty?) but I'd be surprised if he wasn't carrying a Ghost. I'd bank on a Superfast driver too.....

He plays a SC putter.

I actually think he is a SuperTri guy.

Do any of the Tour guys play the SuperDeep? Think Camillo might like that one?

Yes, quite a few. That could be a good call Setho.

He's on Titleist commercials too....will he be playing the Penta or does his Titleist contract still hold?

He's on Titleist commercials too....will he be playing the Penta or does his Titleist contract still hold?

I would have a hard time leaving the Titleist pool unless TM offered something of similar numbers for the Penta.

That being said, I really hope he switches to the Penta (which I think he will do).

I dont have an answer for that one. I believe he is still under contract with Titleist for the golf ball, but I could be wrong. I mean Kenny Perry still does both too.

No your not, you are loyal without pay! :alien:

zing!!!! absolutely perfect comeback.

my opinion is that this could be good for all parties involved, i know what you're thinking, "what the hell is TC drinking?" but let's not forget that cobra/puma has recently signed alexis thompson and i believe that we may see them snag up another up and coming junior (maybe a bobby wyatt or jordan speith), which they should be targeting, build up a young promising stable. i do believe that they don't have a lot of opportunity with some of the fellas already on tour so they need to change their focus.

obviously, this is fantastic for TM golf, and deservedly so. camillo is definitely star power and his other endorsement deals with rolex and some other high end companies will be fantastic for TM.

good luck camillo, throw the superfast in the bag!!!

Back