Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

i think camillo will game the following:

supertri driver (cause it's hawt like him)
r9 3 wood (low profile, workable)
r9 tp irons (most of the TM guys are gaming them and that says something)
xft wedges (b/c OEM likes them)
ghost putter (those damn things work!)

he'll stick with the prov ball though, b/c he'll get paid more to do so.

just think guys, now TM will have to make those cool carpenter style hats!

i think camillo will game the following:

supertri driver (cause it's hawt like him)
r9 3 wood (low profile, workable)
r9 tp irons (most of the TM guys are gaming them and that says something)
xft wedges (b/c OEM likes them)
ghost putter (those damn things work!)

he'll stick with the prov ball though, b/c he'll get paid more to do so.

just think guys, now TM will have to make those cool carpenter style hats!

you scared me on the first bolded sentence and NO! for some reason i dont like those hats at all!

you scared me on the first bolded sentence and NO! for some reason i dont like those hats at all!

why? i think those hats are cool

idk i just dont like them. just my opinion though. i more of the traditional baseball style hat with curved bill or the Dustin Johnson TM hat that kind of has a flat bill.

fair enough.

by adding camillo to the stable TM has seriously increased their branding among the "up and coming" golfers on tour. i mean DJ is a beast, no doubt, and i think he'll be something special, but it's always been about AK, camillo, mahan, mcilroy when it came to the young guns.

it'll be interesting to see if manuel follows suit.

fair enough.

by adding camillo to the stable TM has seriously increased their branding among the "up and coming" golfers on tour. i mean DJ is a beast, no doubt, and i think he'll be something special, but it's always been about AK, camillo, mahan, mcilroy when it came to the young guns.

i agree. im ready to see which clubs he games!

I think that TM is trying to become the new Titleist. I think that they are in a position to gain huge market shares with all of their offerings. If they are smart, they will do all they can to get as many pro's and up and coming pro's to use their equipment. I like this because I am not a big fan of Titleist because everybody thinks that they are and always will be the best when that simply is not the truth. Maybe one day they will get over themselves and send some shizz for us to hit at our demo days. Stupid Titleist. Sorry for the mini rant.

I think that, after time, Kia Ma will be the name in putting and they will also be known for golf ball innovation. I have seen it happen in Paintball where one company was The Company to use, and then, when other companies started paying the Pro's, things kind of turned around.

fair enough.

There are a few others that get overlooked a lot, but he definitely adds to their stable and is a "top tier" player that they have needed.

do you think Camillo will move in on Sergio's ground as the young gun face of the company type deal?

not only up and coming....but the important under 30 crowd. get them hooked on TM products early and have them become TM loyal for years to come
fair enough.

i dont think Camillo will start gaming the ghost, doesnt he have a scotty and DJ has one so im thinking TM is not real strict on the putter front i mean hell Kenny Perry plays a ping putter

do you think Camillo will move in on Sergio's ground as the young gun face of the company type deal?

I dont think Sergio is that guy anymore. I think they expected him to be, but he has underperformed the past 2 years and they have had to search for the top tier player.

i think with the new equipment and new energy you could see Camillo become that guy

Are they going to come out with a forged blade iron...that would be similar to what he plays now(i think)

Are they going to come out with a forged blade iron...that would be similar to what he plays now(i think)

THey will have forged irons so we hear next year, but i dont expect a blade.

Lets keep in mind though that TM does sponsor many guys that dont play their irons. This could be the case here as well.

the r9 tp b version is supposed to be thinner and JB already said in the Ping forged blade thread that he expects TM to come out with a forged blade very soon

There are a few others that get overlooked a lot, but he definitely adds to their stable and is a "top tier" player that they have needed.

oh, i agree completely JB. i think TM has some phenomenal young guys on their staff (garcia, kaymer, molinari, DJ, o'hair) but camillo is so much more marketable to TM than any of them. he's flashy, classy, young, a multiple winner on tour, and just oozes cool. that's much more than the other guys i've mentioned have.

THey will have forged irons so we hear next year, but i dont expect a blade.

Lets keep in mind though that TM does sponsor many guys that dont play their irons. This could be the case here as well.

True..I was just thinking along the lines of a 14 club deal and what he plays now. Wonder if we will see Taylormade Military Hats soon.

the r9 tp b version is supposed to be thinner and JB already said in the Ping forged blade thread that he expects TM to come out with a forged blade very soon

Forged iron yes. I dont think they will make a forged blade.

off topic...I want to hit the Ping Forged Iron when it comes out.

Back on topic...I guess it wouldn't have to be blade...I think this is what he currently plays, JB can probably check the D-survey
Cobra_ProCB600.jpg

That is not really a blade. Players Cavity in my opinion.

for some reason I thought he had these...
post-1-1197576624-1.jpg

He might be playing those now. Let me check.

MAJOR! Great acquisition for Taylormade...I expect Camillo to be even better with that equipment. That really hurts Cobra; maybe they will get Rocko or another young gun on the tour.

Back