Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finally gave in myself. I have been struggling with putting for a few months. I get streaky but the one thing I am missing is consistent speed and alignment. I have went back and forth between my rife and itsy bitsy but nothing has worked well consistently. The thing I noticed is both of those putters have 2 degrees of loft so I wanted to go to a 4 degree loft putter because for some reason I get a little better roll with it. I have tested every putter known to man the past three weeks and it was down to the Kombi S and the Ghost.

After a hard decision I went with the Kombi S, it wasn't really all that hard since the ball rolls off the face of that putter better than anything I have tried. I seem to be able to line it up so well and the weight just feels right to me. One of my reputable dealers on Ebay got me one for $200 bucks and I should have it within the next 3 days. I will let you all know my thoughts on the putter as I haven't seen many THP members using the Kombi S yet and the Ghost seems to be in everyones bag including all the people we are playing in interclub.

Nice pick up, make sure you post some pictures when it gets in.

Awesome deal on the trade in!!!!!!! Wow.
I went strictly be feel on this call. They had shafts in there that I really wanted to try and you just can't argue with the feel of the club, plus I got all of this for 27 dollars after trade ins.

nice pick up SKJ!!! it sounds as though you were extremely thorough in the decision making process and i hope the kombi works wonders for you.

so i hit callaway up on their facebook page last night, asking if they were planning to release the diablo forged in LH.

here's the response: "stay tuned lucas"

that seems promising, huh?

I am waiting on JB to post the next Outing Prize...that may be my next piece of equipment

When are you taking the new rainbow sticks out setho? I bet you can't wait to play. Will you play the ladies tees ? Lmao I kid brotha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so i hit callaway up on their facebook page last night, asking if they were planning to release the diablo forged in LH.

sounds good....I would write them back and tell them they better give you some inside information or else those Wilsons will be in your bag

better than 'who the hell plays left handed anymore?' lol

maybe stay tuned means Phil will have them in the bag at the PGA

When are you taking the new rainbow sticks out setho? I bet you can't wait to play. Will you play the ladies tees ? Lmao I kid brotha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to grab 9 as soon as I get off work.

Picked up a lightly used Nike Dymo2 10.5 degree driver for $40 last night.

thats a good find!!! I have always like Nike drivers

super nice snag josh!!!

welcome to THP, i was in your neck of the woods this past weekend, played at andrew johnson in greeneville.

SethO I just noticed which clubs you got, NICE BUDDY!!!! DO ENJOY!!

It does look sweet but the glare would kill your putting. Assuming you have some putting haha jk. Id go gunmetal for sure. Unless you rock the shades all the time.

I've got a bit, SeeMore has helped alot in that category. I could wear the Oaks the whole time lol

well, if it's strictly a putter for the collection i'm not sure i would alter the color/finish, but like OEM said, if it finds it's way on the course it could be brutal.

I can't just make this thing a shelf holder, I have to roll it once and a while...right?

Gunmetal with white paintfill and a black Lajosi Gripmaster it is. I cannot pass this one up, I've eyeballed it forever and annoyed Kari LOTS of times about it so he's cutting me a GREAT deal for it, less than alot of premium putters for a custom? Heck yes.

I've got a bit, SeeMore has helped alot in that category. I could wear the Oaks the whole time lol

I can't just make this thing a shelf holder, I have to roll it once and a while...right?

Gunmetal with white paintfill and a black Lajosi Gripmaster it is. I cannot pass this one up, I've eyeballed it forever and annoyed Kari LOTS of times about it so he's cutting me a GREAT deal for it, less than alot of premium putters for a custom? Heck yes.

Thats what I do, I rock the Oaks all the time when I play unless its overcast or dark. Mid day sun kills my bionic laser eyes!

I went strictly be feel on this call. They had shafts in there that I really wanted to try and you just can't argue with the feel of the club, plus I got all of this for 27 dollars after trade ins.

Excuse me while I call the hospital and tell them I'm having a heart attack. $27??!!!! Holy Cow that is a great deal. TC said I would be amazed but that is sick.

doh!!!

i hope buyer's remorse doesn't kick in!!!! nah, you made the right decision man!

TC I don't know man. I hit them again today and was killing them. 15 yards longer than the 200's. Got a deal on the 200's but I knew I was going to have to reshaft them. Thought my club guy said $10/head but he emailed me today and it's now $20/head. Now I'm thinking it's cheaper to just sell these and either bite the bullet and get fit for the Cally's or buy the 200's fit for me for about $600. I know over the winter the gloom will set in and I'll be cruising the bay looking for a set of the DF's. I know it!!!!!! Maybe I should look into pulling the heads myself. Anyone do club work from home?

super nice snag josh!!!

welcome to THP, i was in your neck of the woods this past weekend, played at andrew johnson in greeneville.

Thanks!

Greeneville is where I grew up.

I lived right across the street from Twin Creeks Course for years, but I only started playing 2 months ago.

My "home" course is Warriors Path State Park.

TC I don't know man. I hit them again today and was killing them. 15 yards longer than the 200's. Got a deal on the 200's but I knew I was going to have to reshaft them. Thought my club guy said $10/head but he emailed me today and it's now $20/head. Now I'm thinking it's cheaper to just sell these and either bite the bullet and get fit for the Cally's or buy the 200's fit for me for about $600. I know over the winter the gloom will set in and I'll be cruising the bay looking for a set of the DF's. I know it!!!!!! Maybe I should look into pulling the heads myself. Anyone do club work from home?

oh man, it sounds as though the remorse has kicked in a bit. if you got a good deal on the 200's, i'd say off them and go ahead and get that good deal you had lined up on the DF's!!! you and i both know you'll be happier, and you've sold a heap of stuff already anyway.

Thanks!

Greeneville is where I grew up.

I lived right across the street from Twin Creeks Course for years, but I only started playing 2 months ago.

My "home" course is Warriors Path State Park.

hmm, well, the father in law lives in jonesborough and he plays twin creeks all the time. i've not played it yet but have seen it, it looks nice. i've played pine oaks a bit there in JC, it's decent. it just gets so frappin' hot over there.

lmao bridges your crazy. What do you call it? Nm I see the name. Are you taking orders on this new driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back