Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

Sergio has DEFINITELY taken a dive in his playing whether it be the injuries or between the ears. That guy has really struggled as of lately.

Last Darrell Survey

Irons: Pro CB (5-pw) | Project X Tour 7.0

i dont think Camillo will start gaming the ghost, doesnt he have a scotty and DJ has one so im thinking TM is not real strict on the putter front i mean hell Kenny Perry plays a ping putter

Camillo does in fact a couple of Scotty gamers that he uses with regularity. It would be interesting to see if he does game a Ghost though...who knows, with Tiger switching putters that may set a pattern for others possibly?

Camillo does in fact a couple of Scotty gamers that he uses with regularity. It would be interesting to see if he does game a Ghost though...who knows, with Tiger switching putters that may set a pattern for others possibly?

possibly, but i think tiger's method experiment is over.

I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I just wanted to say that this is huge news!! Camilo and TM are definitely a good fit. We'll see what happens next year!

OUCH for Cobra/Puma!!! Man, I would hate to walk away from the sweet gear you get with PUMA, but if the money is better, you can buy all the PUMA gear you want...hehe

Adidas has some pretty sweet duds also. I think he just wanted to switch to the "Superbad" superfast driver.

Goof pickup by TaylorMade. They've got Paula and Natalie and now Camilo... :love:

wonder if he will be playing the new sticks at the RBC canadian open this week

Adidas has some pretty sweet duds also. I think he just wanted to switch to the "Superbad" superfast driver.

He is keeping his JL apparel deal as far as we know.

wonder if he will be playing the new sticks at the RBC canadian open this week

No, this will not take place until 2011.

Well, Cobra is hurting right now. Good for TM

A little behind in the convo right now but this is big news for TM. Him and DJ are definitely up and coming for the TM crew and all these these names being thrown around the TM staff, let's not forget about Jason Day. This kid has been talked about in the telecasts and he has the game to turn some heads. TM really has a nice stable of staffers. As for CoMa, I guess Rickie will have to be the face and this also makes me wonder if IJP won't be too far behind (I see him more of a Titleist guy).

As for equipment:

R9 Superdeep
Redesigned R9 3w
Whatever proto forged Iron ('11 Burner Forged perhaps since they're up on the cycle) as JB mentioned earlier.
XFT's
Scotty putter (I don't think he'll leave Scotty) if not then Daytona KiaMa Ghost

A little behind in the convo right now but this is big news for TM. Him and DJ are definitely up and coming for the TM crew and all these these names being thrown around the TM staff, let's not forget about Jason Day. This kid has been talked about in the telecasts and he has the game to turn some heads. TM really has a nice stable of staffers. As for CoMa, I guess Rickie will have to be the face and this also makes me wonder if IJP won't be too far behind (I see him more of a Titleist guy).

As for equipment:

R9 Superdeep
Redesigned R9 3w
Whatever proto forged Iron ('11 Burner Forged perhaps since they're up on the cycle) as JB mentioned earlier.
XFT's
Scotty putter (I don't think he'll leave Scotty) if not then Daytona KiaMa Ghost

Keep in mind that Rickie is only an apparel contract though and does not play Cobra gear. He is sponsored by Titleist for his equipment and ball.

yep, cobra/puma is screwed. the more i've thought about it the more i come to terms with the fact that they may need to really focus on the clothing/shoe line of things, where they have a good reputation. IJP will jump ship soon, i think that's inevitable, so who's left? JB "twitch" holmes and Jason "poured" gore? not exactly huge personalities and marketable guys if you ask me. they need a young stud, but i don't see it happening.

yep, cobra/puma is screwed. the more i've thought about it the more i come to terms with the fact that they may need to really focus on the clothing/shoe line of things, where they have a good reputation. IJP will jump ship soon, i think that's inevitable, so who's left? JB "twitch" holmes and Jason "poured" gore? not exactly huge personalities and marketable guys if you ask me. they need a young stud, but i don't see it happening.

They dont need a yound stud then need Ol' Gray !!!! :D He'll whip 'em all into shape with his bag of hissing snakes and his 400 yard drives and his 200 yard sand wedge shots!!! :laughing:

Perhaps you should send in a resume, PALE RIDER would look great on a Cobra staff bag!

Perhaps you should send in a resume, PALE RIDER would look great on a Cobra staff bag!

bwahahaha!!! classic degoins!

i honestly don't want to play any of their stuff, i've hit it, it's just blah to me.

They dont need a yound stud then need Ol' Gray !!!! :D He'll whip 'em all into shape with his bag of hissing snakes and his 400 yard drives and his 200 yard sand wedge shots!!! :laughing:

Heck, even Ol Grey-sensei couldnt help now. I think they should do an overhaul, try to include some more "player" options, and dial down the over the top apperances of their irons.

Keep in mind that Rickie is only an apparel contract though and does not play Cobra gear. He is sponsored by Titleist for his equipment and ball.

Do you think with the new merger he will change is apparael contract to something else? Or mayve change to cobra gear?

Do you think with the new merger he will change is apparael contract to something else? Or mayve change to cobra gear?

Rickie Fowler is sponsored by Puma Golf. But he is also sponsored by Titleist golf and has multiple years remaining on both deals. He is not changing anything anytime soon.

Rickie Fowler is sponsored by Puma Golf. But he is also sponsored by Titleist golf and has multiple years remaining on both deals. He is not changing anything anytime soon.

excellent, thanks for the info. I read somewhere that Camillo will stay with J.L. anyone know how long he has left on that deal?

excellent, thanks for the info. I read somewhere that Camillo will stay with J.L. anyone know how long he has left on that deal?

Must be here, because we are the only ones reporting this news. I uncovered this one all on my own...hehe

He has multiple years left with JL last I checked.

Cobra signs Johan Edfors today to a deal.

Still no comment on the Villegas news though. Im very surprised they have not responded to our request at all.

Cobra signs Johan Edfors today to a deal.

Still no comment on the Villegas news though. Im very surprised they have not responded to our request at all.

Edfors was a Puma man for apparel, correct?

Back