White Ghost Like Driver?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been rumors flying all over the place that a golf company is coming out with a new White Driver fairly soon. We have no word from the company, but have heard this from two people now today that are talking about it.

Here are the questions for everybody. Would you consider playing a white driver? If it works with the putter, why not the driver right? Or would you think it just is a little too odd and move on past it?

i think it would be odd but interesting to play at the same time. if they come out with one make sure you get your hands on it jb! lol

White does not bother me. Heck if it helps my game and adds distance and the ball flys straight I would hit a driver that looked like John Daly's loudmouth pants!!!

interesting to say the least. the putter is a huge success, I guess it would depend on the quality of the driver, but the white color would not scare me off

I'd game it

No sir.
I wouldn't play it.

If it works, why not?? Who cares what color it is if it bombs away! The all black drivers look great so I bet an all white would too.

thats 460cc of a solid white driver in the palm of your hands

get some glow in the dark golf balls and your ready for a night round. :D

I thought the white and black lines was to improve alignment. Would that advantage transfer over to the driver? If its proven that the higher contrast works for the driver as well, heck i'll be outside spray painting an old driver the next day.

sure why not, I don't by drivers because of the color.

I guess my thought is why not. We have seen gray, gold, silver, red, black, blue, and every other color, why not white?

i would find the tops of the superfast more distracting to the eye than a white driver. Same thing for the cobra woods of a few years ago

Im very curious what something like this would look like. Im thinking it has to matte white and not shiny.

it would definitely be interesting i would give it a try but not really sure if i would keep it purely for alignment which is the purpose behind the ghost. maybe if it was like the superfast where everything black was white and everything that is red is blue or still red i would definitely take a look.

I guess my thought is why not. We have seen gray, gold, silver, red, black, blue, and every other color, why not white?

Since I was the only one who said I wouldn't play it....

It isn't so much that I would never consider playing it but I feel very confident in my current driver and I don't see what advantage that it would offer over another driver.
If they came out with a superdriver that was above everything else on the market I would probably play it, but I also think that the same driver could be made black and not change a thing about the quality of the club. In that case, I would just get it in black.

Im very curious what something like this would look like. Im thinking it has to matte white and not shiny.

Im thinking the same thing.

Since I was the only one who said I wouldn't play it....

It isn't so much that I would never consider playing it but I feel very confident in my current driver and I don't see what advantage that it would offer over another driver.
If they came out with a superdriver that was above everything else on the market I would probably play it, but I also think that the same driver could be made black and not change a thing about the quality of the club. In that case, I would just get it in black.

See youre reading too much into it dude. Forget all that. Would you like a white driver? Yes or no?

I dunno i kinda think the white would look cool with the silver "carbon" look and maybe blue or red icons and lines, however not crazy about the way the Nike women's Machspeed woods look maybe just the overall design

See youre reading too much into it dude. Forget all that. Would you like a white driver? Yes or no?

My original answer was No.
I was asked to explain which to the quoted post! I blame JB. :act-up:

Edit: Misread JBs post. Ignore me!

I can't see myself playing it. I'm not a big fan of the ghost putters either, just prefer the darker colors. It would be like wearing Clark Griswalds dress shoes!

My original answer was No.
I was asked to explain which to the quoted post! I blame JB. :act-up:

Edit: Misread JBs post. Ignore me!

Just giving you a hard time lol its all good!

a White Ghost R9 SuperTri?!? that would be interesting... I love my Darth Vader SuperTri so a compliment to it would be cool... :)

Back