mgcyr

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm Mike, just joined yesterday. What a great site. I used the reviews to help me decide on a set of irons. (I got the Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl irons btw.)

I live in Montreal, have been married for 11 years and have 3 kids. My all time low handicap was a 4, but was usually hovering around 8-10. I stopped playing regularly about 7 years ago when my daughter was born. I went from about 60 rounds a year to 5. I didn't even bother keeping my handicap. It was tough knowing that I had the ability to shoot a 75, but was shooting 95, I hated that! I picked the game back up last year and am now at about a 14. I love the game and for the first time in 7 years, I am really enjoying playing. My best round this year is a 79 (pretty easy course, but still!)

I look forward to making some new friends on this site, and maybe some playing partners as I travel frequently to the USA on business and seldom have playing partners.

Quick question, can anyone tell me why I can't post an avatar or a signature? What do I need to do to be granted permission?

Welcome to THP MIke! This is a great place for sure. Congrats on the new sticks, I hope they work well for you.

welcome aboard mgcyr!

Welcome to THP Mike!

:wavey: Hi up there!!!!!! Glad you joined us! Since you travel a lot, you should join us in September at the THP outing at the PGA National in West Palm Beach, FL!

What's the date?
:wavey: Hi up there!!!!!! Glad you joined us! Since you travel a lot, you should join us in September at the THP outing at the PGA National in West Palm Beach, FL!

Welcome to THP!

Hey Mike welcome to THP its a great site and were glad to have you

Hi Mike! I would ask you to bring down some poutin if you make it down to the outing but that would just be gross. Welcome to the Paradise!

Welcome to THP from one Mike to another!! Maybe we'll see you down at West Palm Beach!!

You clearly have no idea how awesome poutine is! So sad!
Hi Mike! I would ask you to bring down some poutin if you make it down to the outing but that would just be gross. Welcome to the Paradise!

You clearly have no idea how awesome poutine is! So sad!

It is awesome! But a couple hours on a plane would just be plain wrong. :D

welcome!

Hello and :welcome:

Back