Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i bet theyll sell a ton more if they wait a little while before releasing the superfast

Edit: ^^^Sell a ton of superfast if they hold out a little longer on releasing*
Lol, the Rescues suck? I have three and love mine, but thats what makes the golf world go round I guess. TM has sold a ton of them.

And i bet theyll sell a ton more if they wait a little while before releasing the superfast

Could be, but I have some of that OEM in me and will likely start looking around at what else is out there soon. The hybrid market continues to redifine so rapidly, who know's what they will develope next. I've not tried the SF yet, but it must go high and land soft as JB mentioned. Thats just how I roll.

Lol, the Rescues suck? I have three and love mine, but thats what makes the golf world go round I guess. TM has sold a ton of them.

sorry duey, but they did for me. i really wanted to like it but just didn't. but then again, hardly anyone likes the machspeed either, hahaha

sorry duey, but they did for me. i really wanted to like it but just didn't. but then again, hardly anyone likes the machspeed either, hahaha

Oh, alls good TC, that's the funny thing about golf and the importance of feel. While I loved the feel of the new SF drivers, the numbers just didn't work for me. I'm beginning to think I was the only one in the world who couldn't make this thing go longer and straighter than my old R9. I had visions of a new SF mated with Miyazki and had I liked the stock offering I would have started the shaft testing, but that's an expensive experiment, lol.

I've tried several hybrids until the rescue just worked for me, however a could of my good friends hate the things, lol.

thainer-i want you to think about it this way. you're dealing with a TM rep, who i'm sure is very passionate about his job and is a nice fella and all, but JB, and THP, have been in like the tour vans, and get to meet the TM staffers, so i'm inclined to believe that what they hear probably comes more directly from TM than what a sales rep is telling you.

i kind of say this b/c i'm a sales rep myself and sometimes we tend to embelish things, it's how we sell ourselves and our products.

Thanks Jman for the info! I was always kinda wondering if I lost out by not having the the sensicore. I like to get a lot of feedback so I'm glad I got what I got!
It's basically just a dampener. You won't feel as mug harshness on mishits but in return lose feedback (some) on other shots as well (no biggie if you're not a feel player). They also add just a bit to total shaft weight.

I used to have them (s300's I had in a7's I sold) but have s300 in my Nicky's without and have gained alot of feedback back.

TC, I completely agree with everything you said here. If it was any other rep, than I wouldnt have taken much stock in this. But Ive met this guy a billion times, hes so down to earth that he wouldnt be like that to me or the guys at the store. He knows what we are there to do, and what we need to do to sell his, and any other product in the store. He told me they werent releasing in the states, except for maybe with the Superlaunch irons. And that came out true so far. So all i can say is ''we'll see''. Taylormade has told JB directly that it will be released. So it will be released, right?
thainer-i want you to think about it this way. you're dealing with a TM rep, who i'm sure is very passionate about his job and is a nice fella and all, but JB, and THP, have been in like the tour vans, and get to meet the TM staffers, so i'm inclined to believe that what they hear probably comes more directly from TM than what a sales rep is telling you.

i kind of say this b/c i'm a sales rep myself and sometimes we tend to embelish things, it's how we sell ourselves and our products.

Due, I couldn't agree more, my 19 degree rescue is my favorite club in the bag!

As I mentioned earlier, they are very different shafts.

The KBS has a higher launch, different feel, and different ball flight.

see i got told the DG HL s300 will launch higher than the KBS tour 90s. idk im so confused lol

can you describe a little about the kbs shafts and how the ball flight is if you dont mind? thanks!

see i got told the DG HL s300 will launch higher than the KBS tour 90s. idk im so confused lol

can you describe a little about the kbs shafts and how the ball flight is if you dont mind? thanks!

It will be different with different skill levels and swings. I would only recommend the shafts you were fitted for. BUt if you want the KBS, which I think you do for an easier transaction, just get them.

It will be different with different skill levels and swings. I would only recommend the shafts you were fitted for. BUt if you want the KBS, which I think you do for an easier transaction, just get them.

oh, no im actulally leaning towards the dynamic golds more because i believe that shaft fit works, but then again it does not have kbs shafts so who knows it could have gave me those.

I also could not figure out why they reccomended a high launch shaft when i put in mid ball flight, i guess the HL just means a higher launch than the regular Dynamic gold shafts?

oh, no im actulally leaning towards the dynamic golds more because i believe that shaft fit works, but then again it does not have kbs shafts so who knows it could have gave me those.

I also could not figure out why they reccomended a high launch shaft when i put in mid ball flight, i guess the HL just means a higher launch than the regular Dynamic gold shafts?

While they do not have KBS, they do have PX, which to many are very similar. Yet it still recommended these.

While they do not have KBS, they do have PX, which to many are very similar. Yet it still recommended these.

alright. just trying to figure out differences and everything like that. thanks!

TC, I completely agree with everything you said here. If it was any other rep, than I wouldnt have taken much stock in this. But Ive met this guy a billion times, hes so down to earth that he wouldnt be like that to me or the guys at the store. He knows what we are there to do, and what we need to do to sell his, and any other product in the store. He told me they werent releasing in the states, except for maybe with the Superlaunch irons. And that came out true so far. So all i can say is ''we'll see''. Taylormade has told JB directly that it will be released. So it will be released, right?

i got the impression from JB that they will be release but only with the superlaunch irons. i am not so sure that they will be released for individual sale, but i could be confused. my point is that THP deals more directly with the TM, and the tour van guys, who i'm sure have put these into some form of testing.

alright one final question jb. are the flex's in kbs similar to or the same as Dynamic gold shafts? just figured you would know more about it since you have played both.

alright one final question jb. are the flex's in kbs similar to or the same as Dynamic gold shafts? just figured you would know more about it since you have played both.

They are not exactly the same, but similar. But the feel is completely different.

Let me clarify my statement a bit. I guess I should have said something more along the lines of I find the current Taylor Made hybrid line to be a bit stale. And like TC said, they just didnt work for me and found most all of the other hybrids to be hotter and have more distance. When I went to test hybrids at GG I took the Rescue, the Diabo Edge, the G15, DST and Adams. The Rescue was 10-15 yards shorter then the others. Specially the G15 and Adams. Sure it hit nice like all the good quality clubs do now days. But Im looking for good distance too. And it came up short. I find it interesting they still haven't replaced the Rescue yet. Looks like JB has posted some interesting information and telling too.

Let me clarify my statement a bit. I guess I should have said something more along the lines of I find the current Taylor Made hybrid line to be a bit stale. And like TC said, they just didnt work for me and found most all of the other hybrids to be hotter and have more distance. When I went to test hybrids at GG I took the Rescue, the Diabo Edge, the G15, DST and Adams. The Rescue was 10-15 yards shorter then the others. Specially the G15 and Adams. Sure it hit nice like all the good quality clubs do now days. But Im looking for good distance too. And it came up short. I find it interesting they still haven't replaced the Rescue yet. Looks like JB has posted some interesting information and telling too.

yep, that's almost identical findings that i had. like i said, i wanted to want it, but it just didn't outperform a handful of others for me, specifically the machspeed. heck, not much did, that's why it's still in the bag.

yep, that's almost identical findings that i had. like i said, i wanted to want it, but it just didn't outperform a handful of others for me, specifically the machspeed. heck, not much did, that's why it's still in the bag.

But lets be honest, youre pondering an Adams Superblack hybrid!!

There is a lefty SuperBlack calling your name at the PGA Store my friend.

Edit: OEM beat me too it.

OK, after today's round at the Desert Rose in Las Vegas, I am so in need of new fairway woods (3 and 5). While I have an emotional attachment to my MacGregor's (were my husband's clubs fit for him by my FIL, who was a club pro, and as both are no longer with us, having them in my bag makes me feel like I have them both "with me" on the course) I'm losing yardage on long Par 4s and all Par 5s because of them. Except for using the 3W to drive long Par 3s and close doglegs to the forward tees, they never leave my bag because they are the wrong club for me. It is time for them to become wall hangers.

I was trying to hold off on purchasing new ones because I wanted to put a whole bunch to the test at the Fall Outing, but I'm getting so angry at myself for messing up perfectly good drives and chips/putts with bad fairway play. Today for example, I would have been on a long Par 4 in two HAD I been able to hit a 155yd fairway to the green. BUT NOOOOO I was on in three because all I could do was hit my 6i 120 yrds and then pitch up onto the green, where I needed two putts making a par opportunity an immediate bogey. Which of course made me mad at myself :angry: and I messed up the next two holes because all I could think about was how crappy my fairway play was (Yes, I know...in my head...)

So, the question is, do I bite the bullet and go ahead an buy now or do I just suck it up, wait 8 weeks and then come home from PGA National knowing exactly what I'm going to get?

Well, normally I would say go find one now but since the outing is coming up soon it would probably be wise to wait. Team THP will probably have all the 3W's there you could imagine and you can hit them all. And on a range. A real nice one at that!

If you have a store nearby that has a wide selection to try out, go for a test run. Just because you demo some things doesn't mean you have to buy them. If you don't fall in love with anything you can hold off till the outing.

Well, normally I would say go find one now but since the outing is coming up soon it would probably be wise to wait. Team THP will probably have all the 3W's there you could imagine and you can hit them all. And on a range. A real nice one at that!

I concur. Nothing like eating at a buffet then being able to narrow down your picks at the comfort of your own pace. Also, what OEM fails to mention is that if you narrow down quick JB might actually let you put it in play for some on course action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back