Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's not just USC on the NCAA's radar these days, SEC schools keep blinking on their radar.

The UNC Tarheels, USC Gamecocks, Florida Gators, Alabama Crimson Tide all are under the microscope right now. Look for UNC to get into USC style trouble if things keep up as they have. That would be the greatest thing to ever happen to the state of north carolina for football.

The UNC Tarheels, USC Gamecocks, Florida Gators, Alabama Crimson Tide all are under the microscope right now. Look for UNC to get into USC style trouble if things keep up as they have. That would be the greatest thing to ever happen to the state of north carolina for football.

it isn't looking good is it?

I saw georgia was just put on a microscope slide as well.

For the most part though, it has nothing to do with the actual schools. From what has been reported (I stress that, because nothing regarding the SEC schools has been proven true to this point), it's the student athletes making dumb decisions or agents getting the student athletes into sticky situations. The NCAA rules are extremely complex, and I can see where an occasional mistake would happen. The $100,000 that was reportedly taken by Pouncy at Florida would be a blatent violation by the kid, but the other situations regarding the agent's party in Miami and the players from Alabama/South Carolina could very possibly be the agent putting the kids in jeopardy, or the kids not knowing all of the rules (something I can completely understand, being that there are so many).

Go figure, the year we look promising ( UNC )....we go and do something like this

All the big schools are getting hit hard... Even Florida. Funny how Urban wanted to leave to, but decided against it.

Everyone 'cheats'. It's just a matter of how much and if you get caught

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sad really, leaving them in shambles to screw up in the NFL again

Funny how Carrol just happened to get out of town before all this went down. Dude must be physic or something...

The season is almost upon us:

Time until Thursday, September 2, 2010
31 days
752 hours
45161 minutes

Bring on the pigskin!!!

Saw that earlier. Love seeing Ohio St. there. Like they are every year. Until the end of the season that is. hehe

I really hate to say this but i dont see Texas finishing in the top 15. Big 12 is weaker this year (compared to them usually having a few top 25 teams) If they lose 1 game they will slide pretty good and then it will be real hard for them to climb back up (only way the finish top 15 is if they dont lose a game and it could happen with the weak schedule), But lose a game and not looking good, the system will not like there schedule at all.

Maybe another repeat for bama?

It's surprising to not see SEC teams ranked 1-10. They have, as everyone knows, the 12 best teams in the country. Even the bottom feeders are better than most everyone else in any other conference. Just on speed and the talent pool in the south. These coaches are foolish to think that other teams might be better than the #8 or 9 team in the SEC.

In college football, tradition brings in recruits as well. And lets not forget that TX, and CA, AZ, and other other places offer the same speed. The SEC is king right now, no question about it (even though I hate to say it), but last I checked, USF, is not in the SEC, neither is FSU, Miami, etc... And they are all in the same location as FL.

But alas, your sarcasm runs through.

It's surprising to not see SEC teams ranked 1-10. They have, as everyone knows, the 12 best teams in the country. Even the bottom feeders are better than most everyone else in any other conference. Just on speed and the talent pool in the south. These coaches are foolish to think that other teams might be better than the #8 or 9 team in the SEC.

I dont agree with that part. Now maybe the top 3-4 SEC teams but its hard to say a #9 team in the SEC is better than lets say for example Ohio state.

Whaddaya know... Ohio State again. Ugh.

I would love to see nebraska go all the way to the BCS, but then I want them to lose to bama.

Whaddaya know... Ohio State again. Ugh.

I would love to see nebraska go all the way to the BCS, but then I want them to lose to bama.

I dont see braska finishing in the top 10. Not enough offense, and lost a big role in suh going pro.

I have a few teams that i like seeing do well each year or atleast try to do well.

Texas is the top of the list, but i have liked them ever since i was about 7-8.

But here are a few others. OSU(Oklahoma state), Oregon, Miami, Georgia, TCU, Fresno State, and Tulsa.

Last edited:
I wonder how long Boise State will stay in the top 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back