Taylormade Burner Super Fast Fairway Wood Review

Any problems off the deck with the deeper clubface. Just from the pictures I've seen it seems to be deeper than the g10 I play now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

We tested that out in our review that is posted on page 1 of this. A few had some issues, but most reported none. I have seen none of that problem wise and the distance is spectacular.

I only had problems picking it out of the turf when I had too stiff of a shaft in it. Problem solved now!

I swing about 105 with the driver. How does that particular shaft play. With the lessons I am getting now. I would like to be more confident using a wood off the deck. I would to be able to hit more par 5's in two

Congrats TC! Glad to see good things happen to good people. Even if you do hit from the wrong side of the ball!

well, i've only hit mine off the deck once and got a great result but i wouldn't normally so it's hard for me to tell you whether or not it's superior off the deck or not. i do know this though, it sits beautifully behind the ball off the deck and i can't say that for most of the 3woods i've had in the past.

I swing about 105 with the driver. How does that particular shaft play. With the lessons I am getting now. I would like to be more confident using a wood off the deck. I would to be able to hit more par 5's in two

My ss is probably around 95 w/ the driver. I switched from the stock stiff to a regular Epic. I take a nice and easy swing with this and it'll roll out 230-250 (7200 ft and 10% humidity helps the #'s).

Edit: I think they said the stock stiff shaft was good for 100 to 110/115 ss.

I'm having a few issues with mine off the deck. I'm finding I have to put it further back in my stance than my previous 3wd. I hit one 248 per the gps off the deck today so I think I can live with the ball position.:D

That's really cool of JB and GG. Enjoy the stick,TC!

I love mine off the tee and off the deck. I had to open the face up a little to get it up in the air more off the deck, but I've hit it 260+ off the deck and I LOVE it.

I like it so much I just ordered a SF drive, 9.5* that will be here in a few days.

i have to tell you, i'll be using this club a lot off the tee. it's plenty long and it's ridiculously easy to hit. one thing i did notice is that i had a tendency to draw the ball a little bit. not sure if my fade is just working its way out of my swing or what, but i liked having the fairly straight to slight draw ball flight. i can't wait to hear more opinions from those of you who are putting this club in the bag.

I'm glad you got the hook up. JB and GG take care of all the members around THP that are active in the community and I'm just waiting on JB to get in buddy buddy with Dave Stockton so he can get my damn putting stroke working again! :D But I noticed all of my burner woods I have ever owned from 3 wood to my 3 hybrids all draw the ball with VERY little draw effort. I'm sure it's in the design so don't worry about it too much but my R9 3 wood is as easy to hit as my driver but I could never work my Burner 08 3 wood like I can the r9. But Taylormade has all ways made the best woods for my game from the days of the Burner bubble driver. I have gradually switched to an almost full bag of TM clubs from Titleist in the late 90's, to Callaway in the early 2000's and I can honestly say they make the best performing clubs I have ever owned for my game. I'm sure after a few weeks on the range you will have that thing dialed in. Congrats again on the awesome present.

Glad you are enjoying it so far TC. I am working with another brand right now for review, and cannot wait to put the SuperFast back in my bag.

Glad you are enjoying it so far TC. I am working with another brand right now for review, and cannot wait to put the SuperFast back in my bag.

thanks man.

just wanted to do a little update. had the chance to give the superfast a go off the deck for the first time. i went after a couple of par 5's in two, which i normally do not do, but for the sake of testing and sharing results with you guys, i bit the bullet. both shots were awesome, neither hit the green, both came up just short, but i figured that would happen b/c i was 270 and 255 out. it's just full proof and felt like cheating if you ask me. i never thought a 3w would set up as nicely as my 09' cleveland launcher on the deck, but the superfast just does! it's a great club, can't wait to get out there again this evening.

Good follow up info.

Good follow up info.

and i have more! played in the local tuesday night business league last night. it's a two man scramble 9 hole event where you just get paired up with folks in order to network and whatnot. i was paired up with an engineer who wasn't very good, but a lovely fella. he constantly put me under the pump off the tee so i pulled the superfast out of the bag everywhere. didn't miss a single fwy! our team finished up 1 under and i'm not really sure we used any of his shots, and we tied for 3rd on the night which was cool.

i finally have my little baby fade going with this club and i honestly wouldn't take it out of the bag for anything. i see myself using it a lot!!!! i still love my R9/miyazaki combo too! but this club is perfect for those sub 400 yard par 4's.

Good for ya TC. I may buy a fairway wood depending on which irons I get. For some reason, my 250 cc, We were lazy so we just downsized the driver, fairway is impossible to hit off the deck. Wonder why?

Nice even further followup TC. Love that it is working.

I was able to get back on good terms with the SuperFast 3W this morning which was one of my goals for this range session. Had a little spell there where I was having trouble hitting it. So now that TC is on board with the SF 3W Ive been telling him he needs to hit the driver. I think hes hitting one right now.

Got mine in today and was supposed to play PGA Village tomorrow. Looks like a tropical storm may kill that idea. :angry:

great stuff TC. is this your new fave club right now?

I was able to get back on good terms with the SuperFast 3W this morning which was one of my goals for this range session. Had a little spell there where I was having trouble hitting it. So now that TC is on board with the SF 3W Ive been telling him he needs to hit the driver. I think hes hitting one right now.

OEM is correct, i had the pleasure of demo'ing the SF driver today. initial impressions: very solid club, way to light of a shaft, felt great! my launch angle avg with a 9.5* head was 15*, haha

glad that you and your 3wood are back in business OEM.

great stuff TC. is this your new fave club right now?

i still love the R9/miyazaki combo, but the superfast is so automatic if i need it. it's definitely my most bullet proff club off the tee, that's for sure.

I've been contemplating picking up a Superfast 3W, but I have two concerns. Wouldn't the longer shaft at 43.5" and the large clubhead at 200cc cause you to hit fat shots from the fairway ? Also, has anyone tried the Superfast 5W ?

I've been contemplating picking up a Superfast 3W, but I have two concerns. Wouldn't the longer shaft at 43.5" and the large clubhead at 200cc cause you to hit fat shots from the fairway ? Also, has anyone tried the Superfast 5W ?

I have a sweeping swing so I haven't found a problem picking the ball off the fairway or out of some light rough. As for the 5 wood, I haven't tried it and I'm happy about that because it saves me $$$. :D

I also have a sweeping swing. Some say that the Superfast FW is easier to elevate than other FWs. Have most THP'ers found this to be the case ?

i find that it elevates really easy. its not like a super high flight but the more penetrating flight that you want. least thats the way it was for me. it just flys off the face then hits the ground and keeps on rollin.

I also have a sweeping swing. Some say that the Superfast FW is easier to elevate than other FWs. Have most THP'ers found this to be the case ?

It gets up there but it is hard for me to compare. I went from a 17* (high trajectory) to a 15* so it doesn't fly as high but it gets in the air really easily and rolls out nicely.

Back