Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats TS!

I see you are already looking to break 90 :D

WTG Solitudes!

Thanks guys! I think I need to be under 100 at least three times before officially leaving this little club- but it's a great feeling to have done it!

Congrats TS!

Shot a 108 yesterday on my first non-"best ball" full 18 of the year. My short game around the green was plain awful, as was my iron accuracy, which lead to only one 1-putt on the day. I looked a lot like Tiger putting at St. Andrews this year...left 3 or 4 10+ ft putts 2 inches or less from the hole, and 2 six ft. putts within the same distance. I played a Top Flite Gamer v2 for the last 9 holes, though, and am really digging this ball. My putting may have been off because of that, it just comes off the face very differently than the distance balls I've been playing with.

Still a great score considering it was your first non "best ball" of the year. Great job!

I DID IT!

Shot a 97 today! Had the driver working again and managed to get every FWIR but one. Even with the limited distance I have (180-210) being on the FW makes a everything easier. For the rest I played cautious golf, laying up too 100 yards whenever there was any trouble around the green to get my Niblicks in play. I managed to avoid the water and the sand completely and only had one 3 put hole. Sweet!!

Best of all I made a couple of stupid mistakes and wrong club choices, so I can easily see how it could have been even better. Looking ahead I can see that my biggest issue is distance. I need 50-60 more yards off the tee at least if I am ever going to break 90- but in the meantime, a 97 looks pretty good!! If I can repeat that a few more times this summer I will be VERY happy!

A great day! :joy:

Yay!!! CONGRATULATIONS TwoSolitudes that is awesome!!!!

Congrats TS!

Nice going TS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up BM... Trying to catch up on this thread. So everyone else AWESOME.

This thread really has been a big success so far. So many people have either broken 100 or are right on the edge. Congrats to everybody on your (our) progress!

Congrats TS! You too will be missed. :D

Now that I'm able to use my wedges, we'll see how I do this weekend. I still need work/lessons with my 3w and hybrids, but everything else is coming together :clapp:

congrats TS!

played a quick 9 today. My first activity on the course in over 3 weeks! shot a mediocre 49. Driver was on fire which never happens for me. but my irons refused to cooperate. Playing 18 on sunday at my favorite local course so I'm hoping for the first sub-100 round of the year...but it doesn't look promising.

Congrats to everyone that is either breaking or getting really close to their goals. Practice and consistency is crucial...both of which I don't know anymore

Forgot to say, I shot 102 yesterday, that gives me rounds of 100, 101, 102, 103, and 104 this year, still nothing less.
The breakthrough is coming real soon, I can feel it.

Forgot to say, I shot 102 yesterday, that gives me rounds of 100, 101, 102, 103, and 104 this year, still nothing less.

Keep it up, your knocking on the door hard.

i used to break 100 all the time was even shooting low 90's, however I fell out of the groove. Finally getting back into it more, shot 100 even due to catching a tree branch on my approach shot on the 18th just a week or so ago. I'm playing sunday and its a course I know fairly well, I picked up some new wedges that feel great and got a different putter that seems quite a bit smoother and I can get some nice laggy putts that are going in not rolling far past the hole, I also got the driver going nice & straight so I should have no problem shooting under 100 but we'll see.

I kept knocking....they finally let me in! First time ever on a course I've been wanting to check out for a while, Buhl Farm Park- supposedly the only free golf course in the country. Only 9 holes, which is fine because that's all I seem to have time for anymore. It's a Par 34, 2378 yards, and I was feeling good yesterday. Driving was respectable; fairways missed were only missed by a few feet. Putting, however has gone downhill lately...haven't 1-putted in a while and starting to get a few 3-putts again. I don't keep a running score while playing, but I had a feeling that I may have finally broken 50. Waited until I got home to add up the card....Shot a 47.

Free golf and my first below-50 round...a double win for me!

Congrats Ken! Love the sig as well lol

I kept knocking....they finally let me in! First time ever on a course I've been wanting to check out for a while, Buhl Farm Park- supposedly the only free golf course in the country. Only 9 holes, which is fine because that's all I seem to have time for anymore. It's a Par 34, 2378 yards, and I was feeling good yesterday. Driving was respectable; fairways missed were only missed by a few feet. Putting, however has gone downhill lately...haven't 1-putted in a while and starting to get a few 3-putts again. I don't keep a running score while playing, but I had a feeling that I may have finally broken 50. Waited until I got home to add up the card....Shot a 47.

Free golf and my first below-50 round...a double win for me!

Great job on the sub 50, Ken!

Just don't think about it and you'll smash through!

Great job to everyone who's been doing so well lately. I am going to try and play at least 12 or 13 after work if the rain holds off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back