Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad I didn't drink the super bad kool-aid!!!

koolaid.jpg

or play to a shot that gets you to a 125 or less shot.....

I think I will just find a replacement. I'm not gonna lay up on a par 5 just to accommodate a club. Not when I didn't have to before.

It's nobodys fault. All clubs don't work for all people. I love this thing off the tee but thats not where I need it the most.

that's a shame it doesn't work for you but you shouldn't have any problem unloading it on here if you go that road

that's a shame it doesn't work for you but you shouldn't have any problem unloading it on here if you go that road

Just means I get to ho some mo!:D

i might take it off your hands. im thinking i might need a stiff flex instead of regular because every shaft fit thing i see tells me stiff so i might have made the wrong choice lol

I hit it great off the tee or when I have fluff under the ball but on a really tight lie I top and thin the crap out of it. So much more than my old 3 wood. The 3wd is normally my favorite club and now I find myself getting anxious when I have to hit it.

I was having the same problem. I went to GG and asked them to set me up with a new shaft. After they got my swingspeed I told them I was having trouble getting the ball up off the deck. They rummaged around for a while and found an Grafalloy Epic that they recommended. I thought it was worth a shot (since it was only $20) and I've never looked back since. It took me a couple of days to get used to but it is pure money anymore.

If you're looking for an easy to hit 3 wood I have one for sale in the marketplace. :)

damn strike one for the superfast?!

I'm gonna ride over to NC tomorrow, they have an outdoor range that I can hit several woods off the deck at. That should give me a good feel for it.

funny thing is that i find it as easy to hit off the deck as i did my launcher, which is really easy. the one thing that i have found degoins is that i had to choke up a bit and move the ball back just a smidge. i've found that i need to catch the ball off the turf with a descending blow whereas off the tee you can hit the ball with a slight ascending blow. i think some practice and you'll be good to go. ironically, it's the furtherst 3wood off the deck i've ever hit.

I'm gonna ride over to NC tomorrow, they have an outdoor range that I can hit several woods off the deck at. That should give me a good feel for it.

I'll sell you an 09 Launcher that I have laying around...thing has barely been hit. 15 degrees.

I have my r9 460 set all the way to L (just for right now, tinkering with settings) because i hate missing right. id rather be 30 yards left than 15 yards right for some reason. but my question is with it 2 degrees closed on the L setting am i losing distance as to if it was set a neutral?

I am looking at getting some of those reverse taper grips for my wedges. I am replacing the grips on the rest of my clubs and am thinking I might like to copy the Feel wedge grip on my Clevelands and Pine Meadow wedges. Any experience with this type of grip?

Call Laverty, get one at cost, I am just sayin!

Who is this Laverty? I'm looking to get a Sun Mountain C130 and would love to save some cashola.

I'll sell you an 09 Launcher that I have laying around...thing has barely been hit. 15 degrees.

I think this is a great 3w. One of my playing partners has one, and I've nearly stolen it on several occasions!

I have my r9 460 set all the way to L (just for right now, tinkering with settings) because i hate missing right. id rather be 30 yards left than 15 yards right for some reason. but my question is with it 2 degrees closed on the L setting am i losing distance as to if it was set a neutral?

These questions really belong in the R9 460 thread where you will get more people seeing them than in an equipment pondering purchasing thread. Lets try to keep things on topic the best we can.

Another thing to point out to all the members that post in this thread, please remember that THP has a marketplace and marketplace rules. The posts of Im selling this or that, really belong in there. Thank you.

As for your question, the more offset you move the driver, the higher the playable loft will be which could promote a different ball flight or distance loss. Playable loft will play more a factor in spin than actual loft of the driver in my opinion, so in the end, it really comes down to launch numbers and finding out what gives the most optimal launch numbers for someone with a driver.

It sounds to me from this post (and a few others) that you struggle with a slice from time to time. If that is the case, Andy, the THP pro could give you some drills to work on that may fix that and get you back to using a neutral club face setting.

Who is this Laverty? I'm looking to get a Sun Mountain C130 and would love to save some cashola.

he's a friend of ours that is the pro at one of the clubs back home. my bro and i use to work there and often he can get us some sweet deals on stuff. i don't know about sun mountain bags though.

since the forum was experiencing maintenance this morning i've been researching bags for the past 3 hours. i really think the woode system of the grom may win out for me.

he's a friend of ours that is the pro at one of the clubs back home. my bro and i use to work there and often he can get us some sweet deals on stuff. i don't know about sun mountain bags though.

since the forum was experiencing maintenance this morning i've been researching bags for the past 3 hours. i really think the woode system of the grom may win out for me.

Ah the life of a golf nut!!! :D

Lately I have been in the market big time for a new bag (as the legs on my Mizuno have completely gone out) and had purchased the Callaway FT Hybrid but the handle basically digs directly into my back while walking with it, so I sent that sucker back..

Now it's down to the Mizuno aero lite III, the Bridgestone BSG (Current favourite) or the Ogio Grom....

Beyond that, I'm desperate for a putter that I can love... I bought a Taylormade daytona blade earlier this year and could not get used to the weighting and alignment... Went back to the 2 ball and while I like the alignment, I hate the face and just really need a change after using it for the last 4 years... Currently in the running are; Nike Method 003, Scotty Cameron newport 2.5/fastback 1.5, and the Odyssey Black TD-09...

It's been fun, but I am really ready to pull the trigger on these things!

hey canadan you still have the daytona?

The only complaint I had about the grom was the fact that it's almost 9 pounds... Of the three I'm looking at (Mizuno aero lite - 4 lbs, Bridgestone BSG - 7 lbs) the Grom seems to have the most functionality, but is by far the heaviest bag I've ever strapped on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back