who rocks a 5Hybrid in their bag?!?

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
I'm deciding if I want to have a Burner Rescue 5 Hybrid in the bag or not... I can get one for a really good price... I can hit the 5 iron decent but I hit my current 3 Hybrid with more confidence... I just bought the 4 Hybrid and can't wait to take it to the course...

anyway, should I just keep working on hitting the 5 iron on try the 5 Hybrid?

I'm deciding if I want to have a Burner Rescue 5 Hybrid in the bag or not... I can get one for a really good price... I can hit the 5 iron decent but I hit my current 3 Hybrid with more confidence... I just bought the 4 Hybrid and can't wait to take it to the course...

I just switched out my irons/hybrids and I have to say I love hitting the 5h so far, I would suggest giving it a test run if possible and roll from there.

I've got the Burner rescue #4 and its awesome. I hit it higher and softer than any long iron ever. One problem, even though its at 22* ( one degree weaker than my 4 iron), distance wise it is actually closer to a 3 iron length. The 5 rescue might not be such an easy replacement for your 5 iron. You might start to develop a large gap in your distances.

I've used both. I really like the 5h b/c it is easy to hit from pretty much any lie. Also, I get a higher ball flight and a softer landing.

Love mine. It is one of my favorite clubs to use from just about any lie. Give one a test run to see.

I've got the Burner rescue #4 and its awesome. I hit it higher and softer than any long iron ever. One problem, even though its at 22* ( one degree weaker than my 4 iron), distance wise it is actually closer to a 3 iron length. The 5 rescue might not be such an easy replacement for your 5 iron. You might start to develop a large gap in your distances.

Yea, you definitely need to keep your distances in mind. I'm fortunate in that mine are perfectly gapped right now.

Thanks guys... :)

I'll give one a try... currently, I'm hitting the 5 iron about 165-175yrds... dunno if that's good or bad but that's my distance... LoLz...

I guess the most important thing is if it's gonna help lower my score and help with better ball striking... why not? right?!? :)

Anyone who hits the Taylormade R9 irons TP or regular version and the Nike Machspeed irons and they have a 5 iron those are hybrids, those things are super meaty....

Thanks guys... :)

I guess the most important thing is if it's gonna help lower my score and help with better ball striking... why not? right?!? :)
My rescue 4 hybrid is actually very limited. It can only do one thing and that is hit the ball far, high, and lands SUPER soft. That's not a bad problem to have. Though with it's offset, it's the one club in my bag I can't hit a fade with.

I went ahead and ordered the Rescue 5 Hybrid... along with a 56 & 60 degree xft wedges... :)

I went ahead and ordered the Rescue 5 Hybrid... along with a 56 & 60 degree xft wedges... :)

I think you will like the Rescue 5. I can't say I use mine very often, but like it when I do. Off the deck my #5 hybrid has the distance of a 4 iron and my #4 hybrid the distance of a 3 iron. I prefer the 4 iron in most situations, however in the deeper rough the rescue excells for me.

I think you will like the Rescue 5. I can't say I use mine very often, but like it when I do. Off the deck my #5 hybrid has the distance of a 4 iron and my #4 hybrid the distance of a 3 iron. I prefer the 4 iron in most situations, however in the deeper rough the rescue excells for me.
even if I lose 5 yrds or so with the hybrids, at least I'll be more comfortable hitting the hybrid club more than irons... for some reason, the longer the club, the harder it is to hit for me... might me more mental than anything but I'm not very consistent with 3i and 4i at all... 5i I'm guessing 5/10 I'm hitting it decent... 6i I hit good 7/10 times...

If you get something like and adams peanut or pro black you can hit pretty much every shot with it, just easier, that you can with the 5 iron.

even if I lose 5 yrds or so with the hybrids, at least I'll be more comfortable hitting the hybrid club more than irons... for some reason, the longer the club, the harder it is to hit for me... might me more mental than anything but I'm not very consistent with 3i and 4i at all... 5i I'm guessing 5/10 I'm hitting it decent... 6i I hit good 7/10 times...

Actually, I would think you should gain a few yards with the hybrids. IMy #5 is like a 4 iron distance. I can move the ball around with my Rescues, in fact it came in pretty handi today hitting out of the rough between two trees. I had to draw the ball just a little and it worked like a charm, but I'm not real consistant at those shots.

Anyone who hits the Taylormade R9 irons TP or regular version and the Nike Machspeed irons and they have a 5 iron those are hybrids, those things are super meaty....

I'm sorry but the five iron in R9's TP or regular is nowhere near a hybrid.

I don't rock a 5 hybrid in my bag yet, but there's a reasonable chance I will be shortly, after I rework my sticks after the fall outing. I love my 4 hybrid a ton, and will never go back to a 4iron. I can fully see myself hitting a 5 hybrid better than I currently hit my 5 iron.

I'm loving my 3 FYbrid and seriously thinking of adding the 4 and 5

I love my Nickent 3 and 4 hybrids so much I looked at getting the 5 hybrid, but since then I've actually been practicing more with it, and have decided to keep it in the bag for now. I use it (alot) for punch outs when i'm in the desert scrub, and now starting to get more comfortable with full shots. I used to have the ball too far back in my stance, which accounted for me not being able to get the ball in the air.

It's all about what you are comfortable with. I would be more comfortable with a hybrid right now, but I think in a few months I'd be putting the 5 iron back in the bag.

I'm sorry but the five iron in R9's TP or regular is nowhere near a hybrid.

It is based on the iron/hybrid concept. Very much like the callaway iron/hybrid that looks like an x tour.

Y.E. Yang rocks a 5H, according to this month's Golf Digest. Although he calls his 5 iron replacement his 24* hybrid -- a 4H to most people.

I play the BJ 5H (30*) and love it. Same distance that my 5I was, but better flight, softer landing and I hit it with much more confidence.

wow... didn't know so many people like and use the hybrids... I thought it was just me... LoLz... truthfully, I thought rocking the 5hybrid would really give away that I'm a newbie... haha... for some reason, I thought the good ball strikers like hitting irons more... is that any truth to this statement or just me thinking things...

I'm really excited now and can't wait to put the 5 Rescue in the bag... :)

wow... didn't know so many people like and use the hybrids... I thought it was just me... LoLz... truthfully, I thought rocking the 5hybrid would really give away that I'm a newbie... haha... for some reason, I thought the good ball strikers like hitting irons more... is that any truth to this statement or just me thinking things...

I'm really excited now and can't wait to put the 5 Rescue in the bag... :)

Put it this way. If a tour pro still rocked a 2 iron, everyone would be looking at him like he's crazy. I don't know anyone who hasn't switched out their 3iron for a hybrid atleast.

Put it this way. If a tour pro still rocked a 2 iron, everyone would be looking at him like he's crazy. I don't know anyone who hasn't switched out their 3iron for a hybrid atleast.

i think dustin johnson uses or used a 2 iron at one point or still does (think he did at us open) and i think a few more do also not for sure who though.

Back