New Bridgestone xFixX ball

BigLeftyinAZ

Reaction score
Looking for info about this new bridgestone golf ball called the XfixX.No info on their website.Need to know how to sell this ball

USGA's list of conforming golf balls has the following info (translations in brackets):

Bridgestone Golf <xFIXx>
white
2P-SC-1c (2-piece, solid-core construction, single cover)
L-L (spin characteristics: Driver - Low, Short Iron - Low)
330 (dimples)

http://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

Thanks.I'd already found that info out.Was hoping for more insight behind the concept of this ball.Appears to retail for $19.99 and seems to carter to the avg golfer looking for more distance while maintaining greenside spin

Thanks.I'd already found that info out.Was hoping for more insight behind the concept of this ball.Appears to retail for $19.99 and seems to carter to the avg golfer looking for more distance while maintaining greenside spin

I see those stats and I think "Callaway Warbird"

Yeah, strikes me as their answer to the 2-piece low-spin distance balls in the $20/doz price range.

Same price spot as the srixon ad 333 and soft feel, as well as the taylormade burner tp ldp.... I could definitely go for a 20 per dozen Bridgestone!!!

If its a two piece ball, i dont understand how it will maintain greenside spin

I was questioning that too. Above someone said that it has low spin with short irons, so I would think that translates to virtually no spin for less than full shots.

I'll snap a pic of the cover tomorrow.Right on the box it claims longer distance while maintaining green side spin

If its a two piece ball, i dont understand how it will maintain greenside spin

The e5 maintains greenside spin. It is a 2 piece ball with a Urethane cover. It will not be the same as a tour level ball, but usually will spin as much or more than a 3 piece with a hard cover in my opinion

Last edited:
This sounds like a rework of their TreoSoft golf ball. Anyone know if it is?

saw them at Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday... almost tempted to pick up a dozen but I picked up more E6 instead...

Appears to be a repackaged golf ball for Dicks sporting goods only. Treosoft is what they are saying.

Bridgestone is now confirming what I said above and adding something. They will be shipping everywhere on 8/1 after the Dicks only exclusive ends. They are replacing the Treosoft.

Seen these today at Golf Galaxy. $19.99 a dozen and in a yellow and black package.

I saw them at Edwinn Watttts. I also picked up the e6 instead.

I pulled this from the Bridgestone Website this morning re the x FIX x golf ball:

Designed for the Recreational Golfer
The Perfect FIX for the Recreational Golfer's Game.

Longer and Softer with More Spin and Control.

Xtra Distance
Patented Low Compression Core with Gradational Technology provides ideal deformation at impact for a higher launch with less back and side spin.

Xtra Spin
Newly formulated Soft Ionomer cover material provides increased spin control and feel around the greens.

Ionomer is still a surlyn cover. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of greenside spin.

My B-Fit

My B-Fit

So I was chit chatting with Jeff from Bridgestone about what ball would be good for my game as I currently play 3-4 balls and should really narrow it down to 1 and just play that one exclusively. He suggested the Bridgestone xFixx. They are brand new, just came out a month ago and is specially for slower swing speeds, who need distance and some spin. Since these are brand new, has anyone seen these or know much about them?

Merged with xFixx Thread

I have used the xfixx ball for "social" rounds for about a month now. My competition ball is the B330RXS. The xfixx is a perfectly adequate ball for players with a middling to high handicap. It is a fairly long ball but not spectacularly so. It putts well feeling a little firmer off the face of the putter than the B330. Spin wise, it will check on landing and then run out. It certainly does not spin like a premium ball. I am getting them for £17.50 per doz (about $27) which is a saving of just over 50% compared to what I am paying for the B300.

Haven't heard much about this ball, but I'm gonna do some research. Sounds interesting. Is it relatively new? is that why it's not on Bridgestone's website yet?

I think it was introduced this year IIRC. It's suppose to be for high handicappers like Adrian said.

The ball came out retail in the fall of last year. It is a two piece ball with a "surlyn/ionomer" cover.

Back