Caddyshack is 25!

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
Sunday is the 25th anniversary of Caddyshack being released into movie theaters.

So, did you see it in the movie theater? Or when was the first time you saw it? How old were you when you saw it? And what is your favorite character, line, scene, etc?

I saw it in the theater the weekend it was released with a boyfriend, who was a caddy at the local country club where I was a life guard for our college summer jobs. We laughed our arses off because we were sure the movie producers had secretly been hanging out at the CC. I was 20.

So many favorite characters but I'm pretty fond of Ty Webb.

Line would have to be: Judge Smails: "I've sent plenty of boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it, felt I owed it to them" but I say "I don't think the heavy stuff is coming for some time" quite a lot on the course when I'm playing with friends who think a little wind/rain means we should stop.

Scene: Judge Smails asking Porterhouse to buff his shoes and Porterhouse filing the shoes on the wire buffer at Smails tells an off-color joke. Or when Ty Webb tells Lacie Underall her uncle molests collies.

OH who am I kidding there isn't a scene that movie I don't love!! :D

wow... time flies... when you think of golf movies... i think this is the #1 on anybody's mind

Wow! I didn't know I was actually older than this movie. I was only 1 when it came out so I never had the opportunity to see it in theatres. I probably watched it for the first time in my early teens on VHS. My fave character had to be Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield).

"Oh, thus is your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity."

wow... time flies... when you think of golf movies... i think this is the #1 on anybody's mind

Some of the young generations think of Happy Gillmore for some reason.

Love this movie, it has a permanent place in my netflix que.

Sunday is the 25th anniversary of Caddyshack being released into movie theaters.

I thought Caddyshack was from 1980.

I read this on my golf desk calendar. Pretty crazy that this movie almost didn't happen, but I'm darn glad it did, my all time favorite!!!

Ah. If it was 1980 I was merely a glint in daddy's eye.

Ah. If it was 1980 I was merely a glint in daddy's eye.

It was 1980. We had a guy in the dorm who did the gopher dance in the dorms in my first year of college.

Caddyshack is hands down the best Golf comedy. (its only competition is Happy Gilmore right?)
As for golf movies, I know people want to say Tin Cup which is a movie I really do enjoy. But has anyone seen the greatest game ever played with shia lebeouf? Greatest Game, Tin Cup, and Caddyshack are my three favorite golf movies. Its funny, i've always classified gilmore as a adam sandler movie first, and a golf movie second.

Then PGA.com is wrong (he-he). didn't think to double check them on imdb and this means I was older than I remember when I first saw this movie in the theater. Too many drugs...

As in "Do you take drugs Danny?" "Yes, daily" "Good"....

Then PGA.com is wrong (he-he). didn't think to double check them on imdb and this means I was older than I remember when I first saw this movie in the theater. Too many drugs...

As in "Do you take drugs Danny?" "Yes, daily" "Good"....

Great at 25, I was thinking man am I really older than caddyshack? man I feel old.
then I find out that caddyshack is actually 30 and I"M STILL OLDER THAN IT. Someone go buy me an xbox, some beer and weed. I'm having a midlife crisis.

Carl, Damn your eyes. I told you, today is the day we change the holes. Now, do it, and no more slacking off.

I'll slack you off, you fuzzy little foreigner.

"Don't you have homes?"

I'm waiting for the exact right moment to use that on a couple of guys at my club that really enjoy the bar.

Kevin

Back