Your favorite grips

• Cord

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Non-Cord

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters
I just put the golf pride new decades on my irons and the driver I love them. Had always been a fan of the win grips but Im really impressed with the new decades.

this is my fourth round with those white black widow grips and im getting a lil disappointed... theyre a lil more slippery than i imagined... i gave them a good scrubbing and we'll find out next round if im just gonna replace them... my hands sweat really bad and add the humidity makes it not too good... luckily i wear a glove or my wedges/hybrids would be flying farther than my ball

the challengers

the challengers

Well...I went and got my midsize grips today...
Ended up picking up 3 different grips to go through a quick testing phase....
I will put these 3 grips on my 3 most used clubs....Driver, 2H and 7I

Then let the testing begin.....

IMG_8981_DCE.jpg

stay tuned....

Hands down, Golf Pride Multi-compound. Firm left hand for no slippy, soft right hand for great touch...plus you get to choose your color!

I found the Mid Sized new Decade to be a little on the large size. I talked to the Golf Pride rep and he recommended the regular size with three tape wraps. I am testing a New Decade with two wraps on my 3 W.

Well...I went and got my midsize grips today...
Ended up picking up 3 different grips to go through a quick testing phase....
I will put these 3 grips on my 3 most used clubs....Driver, 2H and 7I

Then let the testing begin.....

IMG_8981_DCE.jpg

stay tuned....

bama, I'm really interested to hear your reviews/likes/dislikes.

Kim

If you like the multicompounds I really cannot encourage you enough to give the Avon D2X's a look. I play the white mid's on all my clubs and love them to death. Feel just like my old GP's and last just as long but you can get 13 grips for around 30 bucks. They also have multiple colors and cord versions too!

Not trying to sound like a salesman, just hooking my fellow THP'ers up with info on a great deal!

I played a round yesterday with my new Feel 73* wedge. The grip on this club tapers at the end and gets larger toward the club head. This set up has me thinking about replacing the grips on my other wedges with the Feel style grip. Are there any other grips that are made this way that I should try?

FYI...I love the Iomics X series, but they are pricey...
A new company is pretty much copying them, just received my free sample and put it on...pretty much like the Iomic Sticky! Iomics are usually $14-$19 a grip, these are $6:>) Premiogrips.com they have the pay shipping on a free sample. Worth checking out for sure.
I wanted a firmer grip on my driver so I put on a WInn Lite firm thingy...it is working pretty nicely. Imagine all my woods next year will have those and anything with a steel shaft will have the Iomics or these new Premios

I played a round yesterday with my new Feel 73* wedge. The grip on this club tapers at the end and gets larger toward the club head. This set up has me thinking about replacing the grips on my other wedges with the Feel style grip. Are there any other grips that are made this way that I should try?

pics of the grip?

pics of the grip?

I bought Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2g grips for the rest of my sticks. I don't have the club here with me. The grip says Feel on it and is on their web site. I will try to get a pic up tonite. I call it a reverse taper. It felt really good.

I bought Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2g grips for the rest of my sticks. I don't have the club here with me. The grip says Feel on it and is on their web site. I will try to get a pic up tonite. I call it a reverse taper. It felt really good.

That grip you are talking about is the full release grip by feel golf.

That grip you are talking about is the full release grip by feel golf.
Thank you. I knew it had a name. I think they sell them in three packs. I looked at their site last night. I will check it out again when I get home from work. It is Friday night and the Monkey Disco is rockin.

Golf Pride Tour Velvets, pretty bland. I have tried just about every grip out there and I just keep coming back to the old tried and true.

I love my Super Stroke Pressure Zone grips. I have them on all my irons and hybrid. They are nice and soft and the barrel style seems to fit me nice.

I do really like the Winn Lite mediums I have on by woods. I think they will be staying on the woods for a long time.

I have a Winn Lite on my Edge and really like it, am strongly considering change out my irons to this grip as well.

Bama, I strongly urge against that. Unless of course you like slimey grips

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=9179

JB, I wish I had listened to you back then. I just bought and regripped with these and I am really sorry I did. Been playing Lamkin Crossline Black for about 2 years and wanted to try these. Well they came when I was out playing and the package was left on my porch in the sun. When I opened them up they were wet and slimy as you indicated. I waited 24 hours until they were room temp and installed them. Playing with them they felt weird a little hard/harsh in fact. The good thing about them was they were tacky if you wet them and wiped them off before each use. However I don't like them at all and am going to replace them shortly.

Finally was able to come up for air and get my 3 "test" grips installed on 3 clubs....(during our yard sale today no less...)
Gonna try and go to the range tomorrow when the temp is supposed to hit 93* with 50% humidity... (feels like 101*)
i am hoping to come away with some data points.....

bama

congrats bama, look forward to hearing how they do

Winn Excel. They are great grips for golfers who don't use gloves.

My favorite grip is the one that hangs onto the club throughout the whole swing.

If that aint the truth. My hybrid grip peeled off yesterday. I was grumpy.

Still did not get to the range today.....
But after swinging in the backyard, the Winn PCI Hybrid is in the lead.....
Very nice grip....and a lil pricey...

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTMtMjAxMDA3MjItMTYxNC5qcGc.jpg

I have a Winn Lite on my Edge and really like it, am strongly considering change out my irons to this grip as well.

That's gonna be one expensive purchase.

I have the Winn Lite on the 1W, 3W, and hybrid. White Lamkin Performance Plus on the irons and wedges.

Back