Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? how in the world did you come up with that???

haha sorry man just could not resist saying that.

Yeah it was a weak post, I was in the middle of it when I got a call and visitor in my office.

I ALMOST did it yesteryday (oh so close). I shot a 102, had two blow up holes cause of poor shot play and 1 cause of lousy drive and stupid decisions. I was playing great otherwise, keeping up with my buddies who are all mid 80's golfers. THen I did the "cardinal sin" after hole 16 and I looked at and added my score and I was on pace to not only have a great back 9 but smash the 100 barrier. Last two hole shot 8 then a 6 :angry: Ah the golf gods have a sick sense of humor!!! :D

I ALMOST did it yesteryday (oh so close). I shot a 102, had two blow up holes cause of poor shot play and 1 cause of lousy drive and stupid decisions. I was playing great otherwise, keeping up with my buddies who are all mid 80's golfers. THen I did the "cardinal sin" after hole 16 and I looked at and added my score and I was on pace to not only have a great back 9 but smash the 100 barrier. Last two hole shot 8 then a 6 :angry: Ah the golf gods have a sick sense of humor!!! :D

NEVER add up your score during the round! Especially if you think you are doing well. It always jinxes it for me.

NEVER add up your score during the round! Especially if you think you are doing well. It always jinxes it for me.

Yea i know TS, I was using my OnPar to keep score and I scrolled over to enter my score on 16 and went to far and it showed my total score up to that point. I got jinxed..LOL Those darn golf gods!!!!

Nice job Rhino!

Yea i know TS, I was using my OnPar to keep score and I scrolled over to enter my score on 16 and went to far and it showed my total score up to that point. I got jinxed..LOL Those darn golf gods!!!!

Look away... look away! :D
Nice job though, WR. You can just taste it can't you?

TY Hawk and Spank!! Yes Spank, I feel I am a better golfer than the scores I produce but then again who doesnt think that. It boils down to cncentration and focus on every shot. I will get there I know, just how long it will take me, that remains a mystery!!!

congrats WR! your so close man!

Yea I know, maybe I will save it for the Champions course at the outing ( Yea right!!!! )

Nice going WR!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. The next to last round I played I should have broken 50. Friend was adding up the scorecard at the end of the 8th hole, and I yelled at him not to, or at least not tell me what my score was. He didn't tell me my score, but did say "all I'm going to tell you, is that I hope you have a good hole". Sure enough, I blew up no the 9th. Shot a triple bogey and finished with a 50.

damn that sucks ken! time to get a new friend! lol

damn that sucks ken! time to get a new friend! lol

I still beat him by 8 strokes so I at least had the last laugh...the 47 I shot the last round was without him haha

Shot a 100 today, 46 on the front, 54 on the back today. Easily could have saved 3 shots due to crappy putts (my wife called while I was on one of the greens), and 2-4 shots due to not having course knowledge. The course was very hilly including 3 of the par 3's with >50' elevation change and a few blind shots into greens or off the tee.

So I'm pretty happy with the results, I do need to work on the driver. I was swinging very conservative today (read short), but I kept the ball in play much better.

nice round jd! your right there keep plugging away!

Nice front, jd :) I played ok today, but left after 14. It was a frustrating, slooooow round.

I know the feeling, nothing worse then having to leave because you're at the 5 hour mark and still not close to finishing. We played in 4:15 today, I prefer 3.5 and I am willing to get off early in the morning to avoid the crowds.

Nice front, jd :) I played ok today, but left after 14. It was a frustrating, slooooow round.

well had my first full round in almost a month today. started out better then I can ever remember. everything was clicking. I could just feel I was going to break 100. then the heat exhaustion started to set in followed by a 2 hour lightning storm delay on the back 9 and my game fell apart at the seams. finished with a 107. Feels like I took a few steps backwards today. I need to really try to avoid frustration ruining the round.

well had my first full round in almost a month today. started out better then I can ever remember. everything was clicking. I could just feel I was going to break 100. then the heat exhaustion started to set in followed by a 2 hour lightning storm delay on the back 9 and my game fell apart at the seams. finished with a 107. Feels like I took a few steps backwards today. I need to really try to avoid frustration ruining the round.

That is very tough for me as well, but I keep trying. Just relax and have fun out there no matter what happens.

Today, I shot a 32 over for a 104 :( The first hole par 4, I par'd and did my Carling dance and it was all downhill from there :crying: However...out of 14 fairways (there were a few par 3s so there were no fairways to hit) I hit 12, only missed 2 fairways...I was on fire with my driver. I really need to work on my approach shots (3w and 4-5 hybrids) then I think my game will start coming together. Par 5 holes get me but I can par the Par 4 holes...its the approach/fairway shots that get me!! I only 3-putted twice, had opportunities for birdie but I got par instead with a 2-putt. But I'll take it :D

good round GC! your getting closer!

Today, I shot a 32 over for a 104 :( The first hole par 4, I par'd and did my Carling dance and it was all downhill from there :crying: However...out of 14 fairways (there were a few par 3s so there were no fairways to hit) I hit 12, only missed 2 fairways...I was on fire with my driver. I really need to work on my approach shots (3w and 4-5 hybrids) then I think my game will start coming together. Par 5 holes get me but I can par the Par 4 holes...its the approach/fairway shots that get me!! I only 3-putted twice, had opportunities for birdie but I got par instead with a 2-putt. But I'll take it :D

Lol, that little dance had me laughing pretty hard! And you are a fairway hitting machine! I wish I could do that... Get those longer irons and hybrids down, and you'll be in the 90s (and beating the bf) in no time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back