Miyazaki C. Kua Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago we had Tim Gillis on the THP Radio show talking about the launch of the new line of shafts from Miyazaki. In case you missed that show, you can find it here.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=9834

Here are some pictures of the new line in multiple weights as well as the new hybrid line that many have not seen yet. These are getting a TON of play out on tour right now and THP will be starting their testing on them this week.

947857877_bPuuQ-L-1.jpg

947857888_oRoJT-L-1.jpg

947857902_pSJ2u-L-1.jpg

947857930_3QZUh-L-1.jpg

947857947_wiXet-L-1.jpg

Hybrid Shaft

947857957_kb5Zi-L-1.jpg

947857965_PNBSx-L-1.jpg

947857981_UYqfX-L-1.jpg

very cool looking shafts! Ad and sacal are gonna love theirs!

those are just sexy!! can't wait to hear your thoughts on the performance.

awesome stuff! can't 'weight' to hear how these work for the guys

• Admin
Just got back from the first range session with these. Tested out the hybrid shaft against the stock hybrid shaft in my current DST Launcher Hybrid. Then tested out the 39 gram shaft in the Launcher DST driver.

Hybrid Shaft
Slightly longer distance (3-5 yards on average) with this in initial testing compared to the stock shaft. Ball flight was nice and penetrating and NO ballooning whatsoever. Shot dispersion was tighter by a pretty big margin. Where this club shined was in the feel department though. You can almost feel the club load and unload and the lighter shaft did little to disrupt it.

Driver Shaft
I have been weighting to test this one out for a while. I hit my SuperTri with the Miyazaki Blue next to the DST Launcher with the new C. Kua 39 gram. It took about 6 swings to get used to the lighter weight, but from there, this combination is something special. Despite it feeling incredibly light weight in your hand as you carry the club, when swinging, there appears to be good balance and feel. The 1st few swings were a little rough, but once settled in, the club is like a rocket.

This one is staying in the bag for a lot more testing and launch monitor testing for multiple people coming up very soon.

I'm so excited to play one of these, can't wait to give my personal feedback!

Just got back from the first range session with these. Tested out the hybrid shaft against the stock hybrid shaft in my current DST Launcher Hybrid. Then tested out the 39 gram shaft in the Launcher DST driver.

Hybrid Shaft
Slightly longer distance (3-5 yards on average) with this in initial testing compared to the stock shaft. Ball flight was nice and penetrating and NO ballooning whatsoever. Shot dispersion was tighter by a pretty big margin. Where this club shined was in the feel department though. You can almost feel the club load and unload and the lighter shaft did little to disrupt it.

Driver Shaft
I have been weighting to test this one out for a while. I hit my SuperTri with the Miyazaki Blue next to the DST Launcher with the new C. Kua 39 gram. It took about 6 swings to get used to the lighter weight, but from there, this combination is something special. Despite it feeling incredibly light weight in your hand as you carry the club, when swinging, there appears to be good balance and feel. The 1st few swings were a little rough, but once settled in, the club is like a rocket.

This one is staying in the bag for a lot more testing and launch monitor testing for multiple people coming up very soon.

JB how is the shaft when you really go after it? Will it stay with you or is it hook city?

Edit: Congrats Sacul on a great prize.

• Admin
JB how is the shaft when you really go after it? Will it stay with you or is it hook city?

That is exactly what I expected. To get the big hooks or dead pulls when going after it. But I am not seeing that at all. But what I am seeing is that you really dont have to go after it either. The distance was really nice once you get used to the weight.

I know some will always say "I cant hit the light shaft" or "They dont work, it needs more weight". I was definitely one of those guys. Not sure I am converted yet, but I have not seen anything that would cause a red flag so far.

Those shafts do look pretty. Is there a flex code made for the hybrid and woods shaft as well or are they just on the driver shafts?

Those shafts do look pretty. Is there a flex code made for the hybrid and woods shaft as well or are they just on the driver shafts?

Flex code for everything as far as we have been told.

That is exactly what I expected. To get the big hooks or dead pulls when going after it. But I am not seeing that at all. But what I am seeing is that you really dont have to go after it either. The distance was really nice once you get used to the weight.

I know some will always say "I cant hit the light shaft" or "They dont work, it needs more weight". I was definitely one of those guys. Not sure I am converted yet, but I have not seen anything that would cause a red flag so far.

Awesome. So are you getting more distance with this bad boy?

Flex code for everything as far as we have been told.

Nice, easy customization for all the shafts. Sweet info and can't wait to hear more. Thanks, JB.

sounds like they've got the stiffness and weighting in al the right places then for the lighter shafts.

Another gorgeous and (as it sounds) high performing shaft from Miyazaki, can't wait to get my hands on one of these beauties some day!

Is there any way we can get one of these bad boys paired with a SuperFast head for the outing?

Is there any way we can get one of these bad boys paired with a SuperFast head for the outing?

Sure, you could buy one and have it installed on anything you would like...HAHAHAHAH

I will see what I could do Seth. There is a chance, and I will make a request.

Sure, you could buy one and have it installed on anything you would like...HAHAHAHAH

Don't think I am not tempted, but then again I am sure you already knew that.

Thanks for your request sir!

These are getting put into play on the course tomorrow.

I'm extremely interested in your feedback on these. I like the art style even better than the black and blue, and if performance is as solid I may have to bite the bullet and try one out!

P.s. I'm sure you mentioned but what clubs are you putting these in?

looking forward to hearing the on the course difference between your regular blue model shaft and these new ones. im ready for a new shaft. this re ax is no good for me dont like the feel at all.

I'm extremely interested in your feedback on these. I like the art style even better than the black and blue, and if performance is as solid I may have to bite the bullet and try one out!

P.s. I'm sure you mentioned but what clubs are you putting these in?

I will have them in multiple clubs, but already put up some initial thoughts a few posts up that list a few clubs I tried them out in.

Are you eventually going to put this into your SuperTri? I guess after listening to the interview from a few weeks back, he talks about the light shaft changing the balance of the club which bears a lot of consideration.

Being that I'm in the camp of getting a SuperTri eventually and getting a shaft replacement for it, I'm all ears on this.

Are you eventually going to put this into your SuperTri? I guess after listening to the interview from a few weeks back, he talks about the light shaft changing the balance of the club which bears a lot of consideration.

Being that I'm in the camp of getting a SuperTri eventually and getting a shaft replacement for it, I'm all ears on this.

I wont know until I get to testing further. I am getting a few tipped right now in 39, 49, and 59 grams. That way we can have them out at the outing for testing as well by other THP members.

That would be so awesome if you could swing that JB! I like the SuperFast more and more with every swing that I've taken with it, and I would love to see how it performs with a Miyazaki shaft in it.

I wont know until I get to testing further. I am getting a few tipped right now in 39, 49, and 59 grams. That way we can have them out at the outing for testing as well by other THP members.

Now I am even more excited about this amazing outing.

Back