Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

ONLY ONE L IN CAMILO

sorry, I don't know why that bothers me so much...

dont let that man crush show to much haha i kid i kid!
Not going to deny that, but spelling and grammar mistakes are one of my biggest pet peeves anyway, golf-related or not.
Kind of makes it torture reading through things on the internet sometimes. :)

Not going to deny that, but spelling and grammar mistakes are one of my biggest pet peeves anyway, golf-related or not.
Kind of makes it torture reading through things on the internet sometimes. :)

haha well dont read my comments then. They probably drive you crazy, i misspell all the time. sorry

but back on topic i hope he does real good at TM and wins a few tourneys in the next few years.

If I had to guess based on current products right now I would say

SuperTri
R9 TP irons
xFT wedges

I think in the end, he is going to have driver, irons, and wedges in his bag from TM.

What about the ball? CV has played pro-V forever and making a swith to Penta would be a big move. Do you think he will keep the ball and just play the drivers and irons? I would think TM would want him to play the ball as they are spending a lot of $ promoting it and it would not look good having your #1 guy playing the competitors ball.

What about the ball? CV has played pro-V forever and making a swith to Penta would be a big move. Do you think he will keep the ball and just play the drivers and irons? I would think TM would want him to play the ball as they are spending a lot of $ promoting it and it would not look good having your #1 guy playing the competitors ball.

I would say that money talks and I am sure he could get suited to the Penta mighty quickly.

As far as I know, he is still under contract with Titleist for the ball for another year. It happens all the time. Kenny Perry was their number 1 guy and he plays the Pro V1. Titleist pays a lot of money to be the most used ball on tour. but then again, Vijay was paid big bucks to play the ProV1 and he walked away from it, so it happens.

As far as I know, he is still under contract with Titleist for the ball for another year. It happens all the time. Kenny Perry was their number 1 guy and he plays the Pro V1. Titleist pays a lot of money to be the most used ball on tour. but then again, Vijay was paid big bucks to play the ProV1 and he walked away from it, so it happens.

dustin johnson was the featured player in the "what's in the bag section" of last months GOLF magazine and he raved about the penta. the pity is that camilo may have better results with the penta, or a number of different balls, than the pro v1.

dustin johnson was the featured player in the "what's in the bag section" of last months GOLF magazine and he raved about the penta. the pity is that camilo may have better results with the penta, or a number of different balls, than the pro v1.

He is a good example. Because like Camilo, he plays a Scotty Cameron. He also plays Cleveland wedges(last I checked the Darrell).

He is a good example. Because like Camilo, he plays a Scotty Cameron. He also plays Cleveland wedges(last I checked the Darrell).

crap, i can't remember what wedges he had in the bag in that feature. i want to say it was the xft's but i could be wrong.

crap, i can't remember what wedges he had in the bag in that feature. i want to say it was the xft's but i could be wrong.

I think you're right TC, I believe they are XFTs.

British Open Darrell Survey

JOHNSON, DUSTIN TAYLOR (PW; XFT 10; 48)
CLEV (SW; 588 10; 54)
CLEV (LW; 588; 60)

I really hate when people piggy back on our story without giving any credit at all. It was THP that broke this story. At least acknowledge that!

I really hate when people piggy back on our story without giving any credit at all. It was THP that broke this story. At least acknowledge that!

huh....?

There are other "news" sites and bloggers starting to report on this story and we keep seeing things such as "it was reported last week and is now confirmed". Give credit to who found the story and confirmed it.

There are other "news" sites and bloggers starting to report on this story and we keep seeing things such as "it was reported last week and is now confirmed". Give credit to who found the story and confirmed it.

yeah, that would be a tough pill to swallow. at least we know who broke the story!!

exactly what I thought would happen.

unfortunately ESPN does this all the time....'so and so reports that so and so is going to jail' really? just acknowledge the source and get off the 'if we don't break the story it didn't happen' angle

damnit!

exactly what I thought would happen.

unfortunately ESPN does this all the time....'so and so reports that so and so is going to jail' really? just acknowledge the source and get off the 'if we don't break the story it didn't happen' angle

They sure do.

That or they say the according to the AP thats about it if they didnt find it apparently someone else is making it up so Rachel Nichols goes and she breaks the story after reading it from someone else

Back to the Camilo thing, he has had up and down years the last couple. Does anybody think he will get better or worse? Or will we see the same Camilo?

Back to the Camilo thing, he has had up and down years the last couple. Does anybody think he will get better or worse? Or will we see the same Camilo?
I definitely see a major in him. Maybe not a ton of wins, but when he's on he's on, and he has all sorts of different shots in that repotoire. He also seems to handle pressure quite well, although he hasn't been tested on the biggest stages yet.

That is a great question. I think he will get better with age. I have no legitimate reason to think this, but I guess you could say that I am an optimist.

Let's say Camilo's game stays the same....does the switch to TM equipment make him better alone?

Back