17 year old shoots a 57! And he missed a birdie putt on the last hole.

packerfan

Reaction score
Handicap
http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/mobile...8-2010_2-59-pm/

MOBILE, Alabama - A Mobile teenager will be on ESPN's SportsCenter and The Golf Channel tonight. More importantly, Bobby Wyatt's name will be etched in the record books.

The UMS Wright graduate shot a 14-under (57) in the second round of the 65th Boys' State Junior Championship at the Country Club of Mobile. It's the lowest round in competitive golf history.

Wyatt is 17-under (125) for the tournament. He leads Smylie Kaufman by 8 strokes.

Birmingham's Robby Prater led by three strokes after a first round 64. He's now in sixth place, 14 shots back.

The 54-hole tournament wraps up tomorrow. If Wyatt goes on to win, it will be his fourth consecutive State Junior Championship. Win or ose, it's Wyatt's last junior tournament. He's going to the University of Alabama this fall on a golf scholarship.

News 5's Randy Patrick followed Wyatt during today's round. He'll have highlights tonight on News 5 at 5:00 and 6:00.

That is just sooo awesome!! :clapp:

I dont even know what to say. That is fantastic!!!

Congrats to him and everyone who got to see it.

pllus 1 for bama boys...

go smylie kaufman!... ionno... i just like that name

wow so cool! I'm jealous!

That is truly awesome!

Roll Tide!!

I was thinking the same thing....these names in Alabama are hilarious.

Themz fighten words!!! lol. Yeah, I got a brother whos first name is Calan. Pronounced Kay-lun

Nice. Do they play from the black at bigger junior tournaments like this? From my experience we've only played the men's tees.

Nice. Do they play from the black at bigger junior tournaments like this? From my experience we've only played the men's tees.

mens tees. I think.

i can shoot 14 under par.. if i stop playing after 12-13 holes and use the score as my 18 hole score. J/K

This is impressive!

wow.......now thats going low.

mens tees. I think.

The older age group when I was growing up played the back tees, not necessarily the tips, or VERY back tees, like 7300. But, between 6500 and 7000 depending on the course.

Teen Shoots 57
par-71, 6,628-yard course at the Country Club of Mobile.

Like I said, I have been away. I'll go ahead and merge now! hehehe

Back