JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Maybe I'm missing something but I never see Titleist reviews here? They sticking with the elitist attitude and too good for reviews from nobodies like us? I love alot of Titleist equipment but it seems they don't like to participate in alot of stuff like this.

Maybe I'm missing something but I never see Titleist reviews here? They sticking with the elitist attitude and too good for reviews from nobodies like us? I love alot of Titleist equipment but it seems they don't like to participate in alot of stuff like this.

We have reviewed quite a few items of theirs. The 2010 AP1s, the new ProV1s, the 909 D2 was in our 1st driver shoot out as well. Also have the new Vokeys covered in our Summer issue of the magazine coming up.

That being said, their clubs will not be in shoot outs due to a certain way of testing that we do not agree with.

We have reviewed quite a few items of theirs. The 2010 AP1s, the new ProV1s, the 909 D2 was in our 1st driver shoot out as well. Also have the new Vokeys covered in our Summer issue of the magazine coming up.

That being said, their clubs will not be in shoot outs due to a certain way of testing that we do not agree with.

I see. How did you like the AP1's? I thought they were pretty clunky. I loooooooooooove the new MB's though, someone gimme monies!

Can you elaborate on the "certain way of testing"??

I see. How did you like the AP1's? I thought they were pretty clunky. I loooooooooooove the new MB's though, someone gimme monies!

The review is on the home page. They are good irons. Some of the testers liked them a lot. They would not be in my top 5 though.

Can you elaborate on the "certain way of testing"??

No I cannot. lets just say what THP was founded for and their philosophies are a little different when it comes to reviews.

The review is on the home page. They are good irons. Some of the testers liked them a lot. They would not be in my top 5 though.

No I cannot. lets just say what THP was founded for and their philosophies are a little different when it comes to reviews.

AKA we'll give you this stuff but you have to say nice things only heh.

i'm assuming that titleist works in a similar fashion to cobra, seeing as how until recently they operated under the same umbrella, in that they don't really like participating in demo days unless they have a technician/fitter on site.

i'm assuming that titleist works in a similar fashion to cobra, seeing as how until recently they operated under the same umbrella, in that they don't really like participating in demo days unless they have a technician/fitter on site.

Makes sense but I doubt JB would have denied them that.

Makes sense but I doubt JB would have denied them that.

I did deny them that. Our demo days do not allow sales reps PERIOD!

There yah go, TC would know better anyways hes lucky enough to have been to these before.

But that is not the reason we have not reviewed a lot of their clubs. Just a difference in philosophies on how reviews should be done.

Cool , I appreciate the response , even though you can't go into details.

There yah go, TC would know better anyways hes lucky enough to have been to these before.

nah man, i just found all this out this morning reading about cobra and their lack of participation in our demo day this fall, so i just assumed that their philosophies are exactly the same as titleist's.

All I have to say about Titleist, having owned many of their clubs and pretty much hitting all their offerings every year via demo days, is that I absolutely love the classy look of their clubs. The unfortunate problem, is that none of them really ever make me go "wow".

A simple example is that I've pretty much hit all their irons, and while I don't really have any issues hitting any of them, I find that the feel of them aren't as satisfying as...say my Mizuno MP-37s. As for forgiveness, they honestly are a lot less forgiving (in my opinion) than many of the Taylormade products that I've been hitting. Beyond that, they certain don't have much for super game improvement clubs like the others.

Most of my golfer friends actually avoid their tents during demos just because the give off a stigma that they can't hit their clubs as my friends are extremely casual golfers and want maximum forgiveness.

I guess for me, hitting their products well has never really been a huge issue, its just that they never come off as the top performer for me. I wouldn't go so far as JB to say not in the top-5 (I did like the 983k enough to buy one......which got dumped in a year or so for the R7), but I've never actually raved about a Titleist club ever. And I love hitting every club I can find.

I do have to admit though. Most times when I see someone with a full set of Titleists, they've always been much much better golfers than I though. :)

All I have to say about Titleist, having owned many of their clubs and pretty much hitting all their offerings every year via demo days, is that I absolutely love the classy look of their clubs. The unfortunate problem, is that none of them really ever make me go "wow".

A simple example is that I've pretty much hit all their irons, and while I don't really have any issues hitting any of them, I find that the feel of them aren't as satisfying as...say my Mizuno MP-37s. As for forgiveness, they honestly are a lot less forgiving (in my opinion) than many of the Taylormade products that I've been hitting. Beyond that, they certain don't have much for super game improvement clubs like the others.

Most of my golfer friends actually avoid their tents during demos just because the give off a stigma that they can't hit their clubs as my friends are extremely casual golfers and want maximum forgiveness.

I guess for me, hitting their products well has never really been a huge issue, its just that they never come off as the top performer for me. I wouldn't go so far as JB to say not in the top-5 (I did like the 983k enough to buy one......which got dumped in a year or so for the R7), but I've never actually raved about a Titleist club ever. And I love hitting every club I can find.

I do have to admit though. Most times when I see someone with a full set of Titleists, they've always been much much better golfers than I though. :)

I absolutely love Titleist irons but they're too expensive... I hit the MB 710's recently and it was like heaven. As you also said, in my opinion no one makes a better looking set of irons. Never been a fan of their drivers and fairway metals. I don't hit hybrids so I don't have an opinion on those. Scotty Cameron fanbois are a whole nother thread subject.

I guess for me, hitting their products well has never really been a huge issue, its just that they never come off as the top performer for me. I wouldn't go so far as JB to say not in the top-5

I never said as a company they were not top 5. What I said was that the AP1 irons I hit this year would not make my top 5 list. Very different.

Back