Greenbrier Classic (spoilers)

Overton seems like one of those guys that does a sergio and blames everything on some cosmic force tryin to hold him back. And you see what happened to Sergio. Jack was kinda like that but he just chalked it up to bad luck and moved on rather than bitchin for the rest of the round. Never win with that attitude unless he backs into one.

Overton seems like one of those guys that does a sergio and blames everything on some cosmic force tryin to hold him back. And you see what happened to Sergio. Jack was kinda like that but he just chalked it up to bad luck and moved on rather than bitchin for the rest of the round. Never win with that attitude unless he backs into one.

+1.

That last putt was amazing. He really composed himself for that. Just amazing to see him go off like that, then come back the next hole with that close putt.

just watched the highlights again..i am so glad Overton lost...what a whiney B****

Wow. 59 to win. This has been an amazing season of low scoring. Appleby is the man.

+1, an amazing feat for sure. Nice ending to the innagural greenbrier classic.

That looked like a very fine golf course. It is one of the ones digitized on Tiger Woods Online for anyone interested. Loved the old style and design quirks.

That looked like a very fine golf course. It is one of the ones digitized on Tiger Woods Online for anyone interested. Loved the old style and design quirks.

Sort of shame to see em decimate it like that. In a perfect world the winner would never shoot above par nor lowr than 66 imo. I don't like to see blow outs really and i don't like to see pros strugle either. As for the course it did look really good! Back from the dead!

The winning score of -22 was in the lowest 5 in relation to par, but not the worst this year (John Deere, -26). I think the birdie-fest tourneys have a place on tour just as much as the ones where the winner is single digits under par. Anytime the tour hits a new course, the players comments after the tourney are interesting to me, although I haven't seen anything yet on this course.

Even watching players grind away toward par is somewhat exhausting to me, I couldn't watch that every week. Weeks like this are a reminder just how much better these guys are than we are.

The winning score of -22 was in the lowest 5 in relation to par, but not the worst this year (John Deere, -26). I think the birdie-fest tourneys have a place on tour just as much as the ones where the winner is single digits under par. Anytime the tour hits a new course, the players comments after the tourney are interesting to me, although I haven't seen anything yet on this course.

Even watching players grind away toward par is somewhat exhausting to me, I couldn't watch that every week. Weeks like this are a reminder just how much better these guys are than we are.

Yeah i guess you have to have some like this just for casual fans too, i'm sure they don't like watching the guys struggle. The circumstances and difficulty level doesn't really register for them i think.

just watched the highlights again..i am so glad Overton lost...what a whiney B****

Whiney? I'd like to call it emotion. Just as much as Tiger celebrates after every putt, he was just as shocked to miss that putt and showed it. Other sports always have things like this; Basketball and fouls, Baseball with strikeouts; Football with missed plays/penalties. I like seeing both sides of emotion in the game, but thats just me.

Whiney? I'd like to call it emotion. Just as much as Tiger celebrates after every putt, he was just as shocked to miss that putt and showed it. Other sports always have things like this; Basketball and fouls, Baseball with strikeouts; Football with missed plays/penalties. I like seeing both sides of emotion in the game, but thats just me.

I'd agree with this but you could read his lips and he kept sayin that was bulls###, and comments like that, basically saying he got screwed over when he just flat out hit it way too hard and to far left. Being upset is one thing but he was pulling the old Sergio "i'm playin against more than just the field out there" crap.

I'd agree with this but you could read his lips and he kept sayin that was bulls###, and comments like that, basically saying he got screwed over when he just flat out hit it way too hard and to far left. Being upset is one thing but he was pulling the old Sergio "i'm playin against more than just the field out there" crap.

I have to agree with you there, Tiger would have been cussing himself not the grass. I re-played it several times in slow mo and it was just a plain and simple missed putt.

That's 2 59s in the last month. Some shooting by Stuart, especially in a final round.

Is it getting just too easy for these guys?

Back