Williams FW32 Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good review, JB! Looks like Williams did their homework and designed a great club.

One question though - did Hoeffy collaborate on this one? It reminds me a lot of a 5DX with the wings moved and painted in 3DX RC colors.

• Admin
Good review, JB! Looks like Williams did their homework and designed a great club.

One question though - did Hoeffy collaborate on this one? It reminds me a lot of a 5DX with the wings moved and painted in 3DX RC colors.

No he did not. But it is his design.

That sure is a pretty looking club. Is the fin at the front pretty sturdy? Just wondering if there would be a chance of it breaking off while getting it in/out of the headcover or bag.

Great review once again JB.

• Admin
That sure is a pretty looking club. Is the fin at the front pretty sturdy? Just wondering if there would be a chance of it breaking off while getting it in/out of the headcover or bag.

Great review once again JB.

VERY sturdy. Not sure it could break off at all.

Could call Osahar, I wasn't sure why the design looked familiar to me but the Nickent 5x wings is it.

Yeah I had a 5DX and this one looks very similar. Regardless, this is great looking club and I look forward to hitting it in a few weeks!

Yeah I had a 5DX and this one looks very similar. Regardless, this is great looking club and I look forward to hitting it in a few weeks!

i look forward to watching you guys hit it!

this looks and sounds like a winner. i'll be interested to see some results and hear some thoughts about it.

It would be nice to go into Dicks and Golf Galaxy and see some Williams clubs. Something I never saw with Nickent and something that really hurt them, IMO. I think the name, the colors and everything they have going so far seems better suited for the retail channels.

That is cool looking!! The diffuser at the back looks just awesome! It makes you wonder why you don't see this very often is clubs especially seeing the technology has been on cars for years. Great review JB!!

Nice looking club! Any idea the price of these? I remember the $50,000 set of clubs. I know this is not in that category but is Williams going for higher prices for a select client?

Around $249. But that is MSRP and we expect to see them lower....

Very similar looking to the Nickent 3DX RC's. Sort of in between the 3DX and 5DX. It would be interesting to compare the two head to head. Good looking club, but I suspect the 5DX would out perform it.

What's with the spokesperson? Hard to take him seriously in that video, and all the emphasis on gold inserts and designer bags makes the brand look more like a vanity piece than a serious club. What market are they trying to target with that? Strange.

Anyway its good to have another brand in the field- but like the the others have said, lets hope they have a strong distribution network to back them up.

Very similar looking to the Nickent 3DX RC's. Sort of in between the 3DX and 5DX. It would be interesting to compare the two head to head. Good looking club, but I suspect the 5DX would out perform it.

What's with the spokesperson? Hard to take him seriously in that video, and all the emphasis on gold inserts and designer bags makes the brand look more like a vanity piece than a serious club. What market are they trying to target with that? Strange.

Anyway its good to have another brand in the field- but like the the others have said, lets hope they have a strong distribution network to back them up.

Out of curiosity, why do you suspect the 5DX would outperform it? I like both and have both. But this was to be the next generation and they added quite a bit more tech.

As for the spokesperson, that is Josh Trivett. One of the most respected PGA Tour equipment guys out there. He played on tour and is loved by almost every player we have ever encountered.

Just a suspicion- that's why I think it would be interesting to compare them one-to-one.

Never heard of Mr. Trivett, but I take your word he is a respected pro in the field. I just mean the image in that video (from his look, to the focus of his speech) would appear to be targeting a VERY high end audience. It's the look you would want for launching a new line of Rolex watches or something. He is a good confident speaker, just find the image Williams is using might be targeting the wrong crowd.

Unless they are planning to be a high end club maker that is.

Just a suspicion- that's why I think it would be interesting to compare them one-to-one.

Never heard of Mr. Trivett, but I take your word he is a respected pro in the field. I just mean the image in that video (from his look, to the focus of his speech) would appear to be targeting a VERY high end audience. It's the look you would want for launching a new line of Rolex watches or something. He is a good confident speaker, just find the image Williams is using might be targeting the wrong crowd.

Unless they are planning to be a high end club maker that is.

They are a high end club maker.

Just checked out their website. Wonder if their gold versions of these clubs will perform the same as their regular versions.

Back