Electric Bill Average

Wow, I cant believe the $$ amount for some of you. We have a 2 year old house, ranch, 1650 sq ft, in the high desert. We have a scheduled thermostat, but at night have it at 70. We pay about $90-135 in the summer months, and less than $20 in the winter.

In Texas there is maybe 1 month out of the year where it is both cool enough and the humidity is low enough to have the windows open. You will use your AC at least once every month (including Jan/Feb). The humidity locks the heat in at night, I miss the cool summer evenings in CA, you could look forward to a break in the heat at night. 2 years ago my boys were in the pool the day before Xmas :D

Man, generally whatever Andrea pays is what our bill is lol. We signed up for some plan through our company that gives us a set payment (of course it adjusts during the summer) but we figured it was the best. But yeah she pays stuff. So much easier that way!!!!!! I'm man enough to admit it.

lol Yoccos. I either have bills on auto-pay or Erica does it. I'm just not that great at remembering things, aside from tee times.

They combine my water and power and bill us every two months. Its usually between 1200 to 1600. The house is always at 70 and the hot tub is at 102. I also leave the 61" tv on for the dog and cat a lot.

Im looking at the bill for one of the stations right now and its 1400 for last month.

There he goes talking about the electric bill again.:bicker:

A woman in her 50's needs cold air! :D

Our house is about 2500 sq feet and we have 2 separate units, one of which we only operate when company is staying upstairs. When we constructed our house, I made sure we had good insulation and energy star appliances. We even have an inline hot water heater.

Our average monthly payment is $155 according to the budget billing they offer. I think we are well below average for a total electric house.

How many of you actually keep your thermostat set on 78 when it is in the 90's and 100's out there??????

I may not be a woman in my 50's but I might as well be because I am always hot! If I could sleep in a bucket of ice I would be in heaven. We keep the air at 75-76 during the day and 73 at night and I am still boiling. If it were me the house would be at 68 all the time and I would still be in shorts and a tank top. I wish I could be comfortable at 78, I was talking to a lady who lives here in Florida and she keeps her air at 80 during the summer!?!?! I don't know how she survives with that kind of heat.

They combine my water and power and bill us every two months. Its usually between 1200 to 1600. The house is always at 70 and the hot tub is at 102. I also leave the 61" tv on for the dog and cat a lot.

Im looking at the bill for one of the stations right now and its 1400 for last month.

Holy crap! thats insane!

Me either! Or Ill just get real grumpy around any type of bill paying time. We came up with a system that works lol
lol Yoccos. I either have bills on auto-pay or Erica does it. I'm just not that great at remembering things, aside from tee times.

Man, generally whatever Andrea pays is what our bill is lol. We signed up for some plan through our company that gives us a set payment (of course it adjusts during the summer) but we figured it was the best. But yeah she pays stuff. So much easier that way!!!!!! I'm man enough to admit it.

haha I told my wife straight up, either we get everything on autopay or she can write checks..

For some reason, she writes checks.

I changed a few months ago to a budget plan. We pay 130 a month I believe(Jenn takes care of that stuff, just lets me know what I owe). I find it a lot better than when I would go 3 months of paying 60 and then get one for 400 a month later.

Thats every 2 months though.

ya i know and thats still super high IMO. We only pay 160-200 a month and have the ac on a lot because of living in texas. Not sure of the sq. feet but its 3 bedrooms, 2 baths a big living room and kitchen and 2 big screen tvs that run a lot plus a Big shop outside and a barn. $700 a month is a lot. Now i know you probably have a big house and that hot tub eats a lot of money but no way i would pay that much.

Yeah I don't even have checks anymore. I won't pay for them either. Lol.
haha I told my wife straight up, either we get everything on autopay or she can write checks..

For some reason, she writes checks.

Yeah I don't even have checks anymore. I won't pay for them either. Lol.

It's so wierd, because we live in an area with a lot of retirees they all still use checks. At the grocery store they all take out their check book and take an hour to fill it out to buy their groceries. The only thing I use a check for is my car payment because they charge for automatic, online, or over the phone payments...it's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard to charge for that.

I may not be a woman in my 50's but I might as well be because I am always hot! If I could sleep in a bucket of ice I would be in heaven. We keep the air at 75-76 during the day and 73 at night and I am still boiling. If it were me the house would be at 68 all the time and I would still be in shorts and a tank top. I wish I could be comfortable at 78, I was talking to a lady who lives here in Florida and she keeps her air at 80 during the summer!?!?! I don't know how she survives with that kind of heat.

Oh my GG. You might need to consider moving up north in about 20-30 years or you might melt. I would be perfectly happy with the temps at your house. I like a blanket at night to wrap up in but it's hard to do that with the thermostat on 77/78. Of course, I sneak in there after Gray is in bed and turn it back down to 75 a lot of nights.

Oh my GG. You might need to consider moving up north in about 20-30 years or you might melt. I would be perfectly happy with the temps at your house. I like a blanket at night to wrap up in but it's hard to do that with the thermostat on 77/78. Of course, I sneak in there after Gray is in bed and turn it back down to 75 a lot of nights.

JB and I sleep under separate blankets because we are two different temps. I sleep under a sheet that is barely covering me and he sleeps under a comforter. JB came up with a brilliant idea to put ice packs under the pillow so when we flip them over they are cool. I have been doing that lately and it's been a huge help.

I am in so much trouble in another 30 years or so....I hope by then doctors will have found a drug that cures the hot flashes or I am moving to Antarctica.

JB and I sleep under separate blankets because we are two different temps. I sleep under a sheet that is barely covering me and he sleeps under a comforter. JB came up with a brilliant idea to put ice packs under the pillow so when we flip them over they are cool. I have been doing that lately and it's been a huge help.

I am in so much trouble in another 30 years or so....I hope by then doctors will have found a drug that cures the hot flashes or I am moving to Antarctica.

My wife is ALWAYS cold! It drives me crazy cause I am ALWAYS hot. The air stays between 72 and 74 and she has on 3 blankets watching tv. hahah. I would keep it on 65 all the time

i have a window unit in my room that i turn on at night and it stays at 68 with also 3 fans going (ceiling fan and two small fans going). i used to have it a 64 but turned it up a little to 68 now. But its really nice!

+400 Plus Electirc bill right now. Two story 2200 with a pool.

Yes!!!!!!! I totally agree. I used to be ok with a $5 fee but now it ranges from $15-$25.

I work for a bank (don't have my account with them though lol) and it's $20 for generic checks! I refuse.

I think the Electric Company is free to pay online. But I'd have to refer to the boss :)

It's so wierd, because we live in an area with a lot of retirees they all still use checks. At the grocery store they all take out their check book and take an hour to fill it out to buy their groceries. The only thing I use a check for is my car payment because they charge for automatic, online, or over the phone payments...it's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard to charge for that.

Lol. Same at our house. Andrea likes the AZ summer weather. I hate it. I'll have my ac in the car running during the winter lol.
My wife is ALWAYS cold! It drives me crazy cause I am ALWAYS hot. The air stays between 72 and 74 and she has on 3 blankets watching tv. hahah. I would keep it on 65 all the time

Mine is only about $30 per month, but my house is relatively small, its well-insulated, I turn the a/c off when Im not home and lets not forget, I live in Wisconsin (our summers only last about 2 months around here).

2200 sq ft 2 story in the midwest, 90+ in the summer and sub zero in the winter...we're on budget billing and its 152$ a month...that was the average over the year.

Lol. Same at our house. Andrea likes the AZ summer weather. I hate it. I'll have my ac in the car running during the winter lol.

I went to Vegas a few years ago and changed flights in Aizona, Man that heat is just unreal if you have never experienced it. Like opening an oven and crawling inside.

We pay ~ $120/month in the summer and about $50/month during the cooler months. Gas goes up in the winter of course from ~$50 to ~$200 though. Just about everything that can use gas, does - range, dryer, furnace, water heater and fireplace. House is ~2400 sq ft, two story.

Back