Nike Method Putters Arrive

do you guys use bing or fatwallet?

I am getting 12% after buying my method online... comes out to be like $240 after tax and that 12% return...

push.the.shiny.red.button!

easy-buttion.jpg

lol wow I didnt even see all the peer pressure till now. 12% cashback from Bing just might push me over the edge. Need to look into it.

lol wow I didnt even see all the peer pressure till now. 12% cashback from Bing just might push me over the edge. Need to look into it.

It's 12% back from Golfsmith. I placed my order Tuesday, called today to ask about the estimated ship date and they told me Feb. 22nd :crying:

It's 12% back from Golfsmith. I placed my order Tuesday, called today to ask about the estimated ship date and they told me Feb. 22nd :crying:

Yeah I found it. Its actually from Bing, Ive used it many times buying stuff online and on Ebay. Gotta love taking some money from Microsoft! Mine says it ships Feb.9 What the hell takes so long? Might not order it if it takes that long to ship.

Yeah I found it. Its actually from Bing, Ive used it many times buying stuff online and on Ebay. Gotta love taking some money from Microsoft! Mine says it ships Feb.9 What the hell takes so long? Might not order it if it takes that long to ship.

I meant the 12% back is towards Golfsmith, by Bing. haha, sorry.
My order details say, "This ships directly from Nike. 2-3 weeks for delivery (which I hope doesn't mean 2-3 weeks after Feb. 22nd...)"

When I placed my order, the GolfSmith website said estimated ship date: Feb. 12th. I call them and they say 22nd. :confused2:

I guess thats why I havent seen one in any of the stores around me. I hate waiting. Gives me time to second guess. I see one on the bay thats right at 200 bills that Im keeping an eye or two on.

We have a great piece in the Spring Magazine on these clubs as well as our review on all 3 models coming up after that.

I tried this putter out yesterday at Edwin Watts and it felt as good as everything I have heard about it. Great roll and practically zero skidding off the putter face. I think the price was $249. Seems to live up to all hype... at least in my 20 minute testing of it.

The third one looks a lot like my SC fastback. Anyone else see the resemblance?

Finally got to roll these at GG yesterday. Very nice putter for a Nike. I wasnt blown away by it though. Actually I think the Black Tour has a little better feel. But thats just my initial thoughts.

This is one of the few putters that has me thinking this year. Can't wait to roll one.

I have not been able to find a review on these yet... Are you guys waiting until after the Spring issue to roll out a review for the Method's?

I have not been able to find a review on these yet... Are you guys waiting until after the Spring issue to roll out a review for the Method's?

Yes and no. We have an announcement on our radio show tomorrow about putters. And you can find some videos from GG's trip on the Method as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and no. We have an announcement on our radio show tomorrow about putters. And you can find some videos from GG's trip on the Method as well.

I definitely enjoyed the videos provided by GG. They also have some good videos regarding the concept on Nike's website, I was just curious from a players standpoint, rather than a makers standpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ended up buying the method 003 on Friday, and played a total of 36 holes with it this weekend.

I am surprised about a couple things, and wanted to share them with you guys...

First, the alignment. I switched to this putter from an Odyssey 2-ball, which uses the two white circles as an alignment aid, and this stuck out in a big way. The ability to line my putter exactly to my ball by using the writing on the ball is fantastic. I can decide my putting line, match it with the marking, as well as my aid on my putter, and know that I am set up exactly where I want to be. Now, I know that isn't a new concept by any means, but it was a big change from the 2 ball. I think the simplistic look of the putter from above really allowed me to concentrate on two black lines lining up with one another.

Second, the weighting. I know a lot of people who don't care for heavier putters and like to create the pendulum with their own strength but I love a putter that can move for me a bit. It just seemed to function a lot better in all points of my stroke than the 2-ball, in terms of speed and staying on line.

Finally, the roll. I don't think I have ever had a putter that showed such ease for transition from strike to forward roll. Every time I struck the ball, the word finesse came to mind. It just seemed to peel off the clubface naturally. I'll admit, I have not tried another milled putter beyond the Cameron (and it was a blade style), but the feel I get from this putter is nothing like what I have experienced using any other mallet putter.

Overall, my putting has improved not by number in one weekend, but in consistency and opportunity. I burned a lot of edges, and with practice, I'm pretty confident this purchase will end up shaving multiple strokes off my score. It also marks the first time in a long time where I am most looking forward to getting on the green. For quite some time, it was one of the least favourite parts of my game, but that has quickly changed. Woot!

nice review canadan!!! Keep us posted on how it works for you in the coming weeks. Have you used the ghost putter at all? If so, how does the initial roll compare? I love the way the ball goes off the ghost putter.

nice review canadan!!! Keep us posted on how it works for you in the coming weeks. Have you used the ghost putter at all? If so, how does the initial roll compare? I love the way the ball goes off the ghost putter.

In my opinion no putter out right now rolls the ball as true as the Nike Method line for my putting stroke. It sounds like the same can be said for Canadan. It was a tough choice between the Scotty and Nike Method but the better roll the method gave was surpassed by the ease of alignment I got with the Scotty. Roll wise though the Nike Method beat the incredible Scotty roll and that is hard to imagine because both of them roll the ball better than any putter I have ever touched. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting. I'm a new Method-003 convert from a white-hot 2ball Odyssey as well. (As of last weekend)

My problems with the Odyssey are as follows:
1) The muted feel was terrible. A 50ft putt felt the same as a 5ft putt. I simply just couldn't get a good feel off them and it was killing my confidence.

2) I play most municipal golf courses, and those greens are terribly slow.

3) The last reason, and my biggest reason for the change, was that I couldn't stand the way the putts rolled. I'm sure this has to do with my swing than anyone else, but the ball shoots off my odyssey too hot in a skidding manner, then suddenly slows down. This made reading putts miserable because it would often completely ignore any break for a while before the skidding stopped and then finally took a break. I think double-breaking putts gave me nightmares forever because I had to judge how much of the initial break could be ignored etc etc.

Anyways, having tried the Method 2 weeks ago at our local shop on a whim, it was the first putter I've every tried that I suddenly screamed "I MUST HAVE THIS".

The feel of the putter is much harsher than I'm used to. I think others have mentioned this in passing, but it's not a smooth, understated click that I know a lot of people like. This has a much harsher quality to it, but it's something that I fell in love with. With every stroke, I knew exactly how hard I hit it and there was no question about it. Additionally, the roll on this thing is incredible. I took it out there for a round yesterday it was like night and day. After spending 1hr on the practice green learning pace with a new putter, I didn't have a single 3 putt and all my lags were true. My misses pretty much were where I missed (poor reading on my part), and I only left 1 putt woefully short...and that was a really long uphill putt that I just did a terrible job on.

Only complaint really though, is that the putter is rather.....ordinary looking. On top of that the headcover is awful. It's one sized too big as you could take it right off without opening the magnetic flap on the back. I actually think I might lose my headcover before the end of the month just from walking on the course.

I rolled it around for about ten minutes... After all of the positive feedback and OEM being as accurate with it as Jack Bauer is with a gun, I figured there had to be something amazing, but it wasn't for me. I think partly because the shaft setup is pretty similar on the 2-ball and ghost, I was looking for something a bit different. Mind you, being in a golf shop putting green doesn't do much for the feature concept of black on white contrasting between the putter and ball.

Also, I do see some similarities in the face design with the agsi insert and the method polymer, but overall I felt the method had a lot more feel. I am generally not a fan of inserts, so again, it was another situation where I was kind of pre-dooming my interest in the putter itself.

So I guess in short, the ghost had all the makings of a great putter in my mind, it just wasn't the style of putter I was craving.

Only complaint really though, is that the putter is rather.....ordinary looking. On top of that the headcover is awful. It's one sized too big as you could take it right off without opening the magnetic flap on the back. I actually think I might lose my headcover before the end of the month just from walking on the course.

I do agree with that in a big way.. They could have made the housing a lot more snug to make sure it wasn't slipping off..

It's interesting that our perceptions on the feel are so different... I definitely need to get more time on it and come back for a second opinion haha!

Well, my golf bag isn't a staff bag, and it's one of those with a extra slot in the top for the putter. Basically the headcover is short enough that it doesn't extend into the bag and so it's constantly hitting the top of the section dividers on my bag. Everytime I stopped on the green for my putter, I would notice that the headcover is already half off the putter. It was really quite annoying.

I think we agree on how pure the roll is, but I guess where we differ is how it felt. I don't really mean harsh in a bad way though. Insert putters lack really an good sense of impact for me when I hit it. In terms of the milled variety, the other finalist in what I was considering was the Odyssey tour black version of this head. They were both equally accurate, I was getting better distance control with the method. I guess my rationalizing of that has to do with the extra feedback you get when you strike the ball with this thing.

After getting used to it, I wasn't having any issues with pace while with the odyssey black, I was still getting the occasional bad one that was too long or too short.

One thing I have to mention about putters though, is that I think the speed of the greens are a huge thing. When I'm at Golfsmith rolling all their putters, I don't have too much of an issue. The "greens" they have there are fast and smooth and basically I just need to nudge the ball in the right direction.

On actual greens (and more specifically slow,muni greens), most medium to long distance putts need a more of a hit to them to get any actual distance. This is were I start having issues with feedback in most of the putters I tried, and this was were the method excelled for me.

I just got my new method putter, and I am flat-out amazed. I can see where the tour pros have trouble with these on slow greens, but I could adjust fairly easily.

I made More long parts in practice today, than I did all of last year. I don't know if this is the honeymoon stage or not, but I am in love with this putter, and that is a new feeling to me. I have never had confidence in a putter quite like this one, and I can't wait to get out for a full round of golf with it.

^Siri probably sucks.

I just got my new method putter, and I am flat-out amazed. I can see where the tour pros have trouble with these on slow greens, but I could adjust fairly easily.

I made More long parts in practice today, than I did all of last year. I don't know if this is the honeymoon stage or not, but I am in love with this putter, and that is a new feeling to me. I have never had confidence in a putter quite like this one, and I can't wait to get out for a full round of golf with it.

^Siri probably sucks.
Now you are making me want an original Method!

Back