Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much wind was behind you and was the hole downhill? i kid, of course. Great drive bogey...now go pee in a cup. :)
i wont lie... there was a bit of a tailwind and the fw was like a bowling alley... but ill take 3big ones down the middle anyway i can... w00t

i wont lie... there was a bit of a tailwind and the fw was like a bowling alley... but ill take 3big ones down the middle anyway i can... w00t

Great drive Bogey, it's a great feeling (although I never had my distance verified). Here's to hoping for rock hard fairways and tail winds galore!

335 yard Par 4, dogleg left. Cant hit it right because of a bunker 200 yards out. I decide to try to cut the corner. I pull driver, and absolutely tear into the ball. Dead staight, medium trajectory, cuts the corner perfectly. We start looking for the ball at about 220 yards. Not there. 250- same story. We find the ball in the first cut of rough, about 295-300 yards out. 50 yards longer than Ive ever hit it.

after dunking 3 into the water... i went back to the cart and grabbed a crappy yellow topflite from my bag and dropped it... absolutely power flushed my 3h 195... big drawing hook... carrying the water... bouncing over the trap... rolling over the hump on the green... 6" from the flag... i shoulda been tapping in for birdie... instead snowman tin cup style!

Not my "best" shot of the day, but entertaining:

Full 56° into the green, which is usually my favorite shot. I got too amped up and bladed it. It went flying towards the green with me yelling oh S***! It nails the flag pole, causing it to violently bend. The ball lands 10 feet off the green. Whew. I chip on and drop the putt.

Long par 4 kind of a links style hole with hills running down each side of the fairway. Slice my tee shot over the hills to the right. Get there and see my ball in heavy rough about 5feet from a pond I didn't even know was there. Blind shot of about 175 to the green over 2 of the hills. Picked a tree behind the green as my target and grabbed my 4h. Actually hit a draw for a change and ball goes right where I wanted it to. Ran up on top of hill and see the ball hit the front of the green and roll right past the hole to the back of the green about 20 ft. from the pin.
Best blind shot I've ever hit!!

Had a nice up and down 60 degree from a severe uphill lie in the rough this morning at Les Bolstad. Short-sided myself and used the hinge and hold technique to throw it at the top flag stick and hope for the best. Worked out to a tap in. All feel.

Had a nice up and down 60 degree from a severe uphill lie in the rough this morning at Les Bolstad. Short-sided myself and used the hinge and hold technique to throw it at the top flag stick and hope for the best. Worked out to a tap in. All feel.

Congratulations. That's gotta feel good.

Probably a tie between;

1) 239 metre (according to the GPS) 3 wood from the first cut of rough on the right.
Wind was right to left, fairly strong.
Played a low fade and landed it about 30 metres short and left of the green on a bit of a down slope.
Ran up to about 10 feet.
Missed the birdie putt short;

2) 30 foot SW from about 3 feet above the hole in the first cut of rough to a couple of inches.
Landed it on the fringe and watched it slide down the hill ever so slowly before pulling up agonizingly short.

Par 4 with a creek in the middle. Didn't feel comfortable driving the creek so I hit my Baffler 18 degree off the tee, right down the middle. Still had 200 to the hole so I hit the Baffler again and put it within two feet. Made the birdie.

Not a round but at my range they give you a yellow ball to try and hit into a small net and if you do you get a free bucket of balls. Today I hit it in the net. Yeah me.

Not a round but at my range they give you a yellow ball to try and hit into a small net and if you do you get a free bucket of balls. Today I hit it in the net. Yeah me.

great shot... i love ranges that do that

great shot... i love ranges that do that

When I was little I asked the owner if i could have a free bucket if I hit the 50 yrd flag.

Missed by 6 inches. He gave me the balls anyway

My best was my second shot of the day. Hit a good drive off hole one (535yrd par 5). Had 225 out. Hit the most beautiful 4i to the front edge. 2 putt for birdie. Great start.

hit a money drive and duffed my approach shot to about 80yrds out
got my 60°... ball was sitting deep in the rough green was elevated and a bunker was in my way... i took a really steep swing and just chopped down on the ball as hard as i could...
it went straight up hit the top of the bunker and released... 2 blades of grass to the left and it woulda went in

311 yard hole at my buddies course with a front pin and about 2 yards to work with, I hit a big drive that left me about 30 yards out. I pitched up and the ball broke perfectly right into the hole for eagle.

New course I played yesterday, I managed to drive a green (375yd par 4) by cutting the corner. First time I've been confident enough with my driver to try that maneuver.

Birdied the hole with a two-putt form 27 feet though lol, only bird of the day.

Two man scramble today and we fell into the cracks with flighting, however on the par 5 8th, 469 dogleg around a pond with timber right, my partner hit a great draw around the corner leaving us behind a tree 155 out. Our shot was around the evergreen, over a hill, uphill against the wind, to a green with the flag hidden in the far back corner that ran down hill away, lol.

I curled my 6 iron around the evergreen to front edge of the green and it rolled up hill to just over the crest and down to within 9 feet of the hole, lmao. Mark drained it so I didn't have to try, we were out with an eagle. Yeah us!! haha, that's what brings us back!

Two man scramble today and we fell into the cracks with flighting, however on the par 5 8th, 469 dogleg around a pond with timber right, my partner hit a great draw around the corner leaving us behind a tree 155 out. Our shot was around the evergreen, over a hill, uphill against the wind, to a green with the flag hidden in the far back corner that ran down hill away, lol.

I curled my 6 iron around the evergreen to front edge of the green and it rolled up hill to just over the crest and down to within 9 feet of the hole, lmao. Mark drained it so I didn't have to try, we were out with an eagle. Yeah us!! haha, that's what brings us back!

Amen. Shots like that make the bad ones fade away in a hurry.

Amen. Shots like that make the bad ones fade away in a hurry.

For sure! I had a total of two nice drives, two long putts and three good iron shots to help my partner. I know I was getting pretty heavy by the end of our round, lol.

340 yard par 4. Hit a solid drive about 270 yards with a baby-draw, which is great since I usually hit a fade but would love to start hitting a draw.

My shot of the day was from 70 yards out, I hit a 3/4 56 degree wedge shot to within 1 foot. Gotta love those tap-in birdies! :act-up:

Second shot on a hilly par 4. I was at the bottom of a little valley next to a metal drain which I had to step on to address the ball. I had no view of the flag which was about 140 meters away on an elevated green surrounded by sand traps. I used my 25* hybrid which launched up high and straight. I ran to the top of the hill in time to see the ball land softly just past the sand and roll up to about 2 feet from the hole. Sweet!

Yesterday playing with Thanks, Im not sure what hole it was but it was an odd one. We both hit our tee shots over to the right and had no shot at the green as it was hidden around a corner of trees. And in front and around the green was a creek. All I can see is a spot in front of the green so I decide to go for that area. I rip a 7 iron and instead of going where I was thinking it went where I was aimed. Over this huge tree and then we both hear the sound of my ball hitting the tree behind it. So Im thinking my ball is in the woods or the water, who knows where. Thanks looks around the corner trying to figure out his shot and goes " Is that your ball on the green?" And in a disgusted tone of voice lol. Sure enough I was sitting on the green. Maybe not my best shot but certainly my luckiest.

My buddy and I were playing with our girlfriends on Friday night. The 8th hole is a par 5. We both hit not so great shots, but we weren't dead by any means. The ladies both bombed the ball. So after we hit our second shots the girls hit theirs and they both were about 75 from green in the FW. He was in the FW I was just in the rough about 90 yards out. A bet was placed on the hole for who would pay for the bar tab that night at dinner. I was first to hit, I took out my XFT 60, and while the ball was in the air my friend lets out "Ladies, I'll take a Guinness!" My shot landed 2 feet behind the hole took one hop and stopped about 8 feet away for a nice birdie!!!

um, that was your second shot on the 3rd (302 yd par 4). I try to lay up and think I'm smart for playing to a number with the same 7 iron but you decide to go for it and bank it off the tree to within 8ft of the pin. I was never more happy to see you 2 putt the whole day. lol
Yesterday playing with Thanks, Im not sure what hole it was but it was an odd one. We both hit our tee shots over to the right and had no shot at the green as it was hidden around a corner of trees. And in front and around the green was a creek. All I can see is a spot in front of the green so I decide to go for that area. I rip a 7 iron and instead of going where I was thinking it went where I was aimed. Over this huge tree and then we both hear the sound of my ball hitting the tree behind it. So Im thinking my ball is in the woods or the water, who knows where. Thanks looks around the corner trying to figure out his shot and goes " Is that your ball on the green?" And in a disgusted tone of voice lol. Sure enough I was sitting on the green. Maybe not my best shot but certainly my luckiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back