What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my debacle its good to see these low scores! Nice rounds guys! Im not sure what its like to shoot that low but sure looks nice!

i got my golf on with one of my customers (again, this is turning into a monday ritual, which i quite like). course was 6579 yards, 72.8/127

went out in 41 and came home in 35 for a 76!!!

had 29 putts
hit 8/14 fwys
hit 8/18 girs
had 1 birdie
had 12 pars
had 5 bogeys

ball striking was pretty good today, came up short on a few approach shots but i'll chalk that up to the soaking wet fwys. the superfast was a complete beast today!! that club is now easily my favorite club in the bag. in fact, i think i hit the r9 twice today, don't know why, just in a mini superfast groove i suppose.

Rock on TC!

Nice shootin TC! Was it tough when you had the high scoring partner along?

Not answering for him but I played last weekend and shot a 78, the other two shot a 109 and a 120 something ( I stopped adding) and I actually thought it was easy to play with that. I just told myself how I was gonna play and stuck to my guns. It also gave me time to think about my next shot. and plenty of time to visualize it. I also did a lot of walking, I just let the guy with me take the cart A LOT!

yes and no dirt. fortunately i had a cart to myself so that made it easier, but i also was getting a little impatient. if he would've been slow and meticulous it would've been painful, but he literally walks up to the ball and swings, no practice swing, nothing. i was just in a really good groove on the back 9.

That makes sense. I guess it all depends on their mentality. I usually fall apart if I'm with someone that scores really high and they get frustrated to the point when it seems they're no longer having fun with it.

Playing with someone better pushes me to play more aggressive and score lower but I don't get too upset when I end up with a normal # on the card.

yes and no dirt. fortunately i had a cart to myself so that made it easier, but i also was getting a little impatient. if he would've been slow and meticulous it would've been painful, but he literally walks up to the ball and swings, no practice swing, nothing. i was just in a really good groove on the back 9.

Good round champ! You are becoming quite use to the 70's type game... Keep er going and let us know how the tournament with Uncle Dad, Bro T-One, & SethO comes out.... You guys should rock this weekend!

That makes sense. I guess it all depends on their mentality. I usually fall apart if I'm with someone that scores really high and they get frustrated to the point when it seems they're no longer having fun with it.

Playing with someone better pushes me to play more aggressive and score lower but I don't get too upset when I end up with a normal # on the card.

to his credit he was quite positive...he just chain smoked and smiled the whole time, i've never seen anyone that calm under the circumstances.

tc your next goal should be to shoot par! that would be awesome!

i agree bridges, it would be awesome

Great score TC. I hope you bring that game Tuesday to Gatlinburg. The wife and I each broke 65 in Danderidge Sunday. Too bad we only played 9 holes. Lol

Some mighty fine shooting going on out there!!! Keep up the great golfing!!

Shot an 86 today playing a course for the first time. My first 40 last thursday in my league. The lessons i have been taking are really helping my game.

Rob

Shot an 86 today playing a course for the first time. My first 40 last thursday in my league. The lessons i have been taking are really helping my game.

Rob

Good deal Rob! Keep up the good work...

played with my bro who's on vacation...
he played a tee back...
i shot a 96 and he shot a 90...
i got into a car accident earlier today and was a lil stiff... but didnt use that as an excuse...
4 blow up holes... if i only bogey'd them... i woulda shot an 87
i dented my driver too... guess it matches the dents in my suv... lolz

I played like a dink today and shot 84.

Had 4 really stupid doubles, how I double from a drive in the fairway is beyond me.

two 3 putt bogeys as well.

the funny thing is my ball striking was really bad today and I hit more greens than I usually do.

played with my bro who's on vacation...
he played a tee back...
i shot a 96 and he shot a 90...
i got into a car accident earlier today and was a lil stiff... but didnt use that as an excuse...
4 blow up holes... if i only bogey'd them... i woulda shot an 87
i dented my driver too... guess it matches the dents in my suv... lolz

and who post right after you? DENT!!!! lmao!!

Nice round for sure TC!

Yesterday wasn't such a great day.

Started out with 2 straight bogeys, but then got it together and went -1 for the next 5. 8 and 9 resulted in 2 doubles, and it all went a bit fuzzy on the way in. Gave up trying to score around 12, and limped in with 79. Not healthy for the handicap.

and who post right after you? DENT!!!! lmao!!
lmao! 3 dents in a row

well i played with my bro again today and just stunk it up... we were the first guys out... finished the round in 3hrs and 15 mins... you'd think we were shooting in the 60's
i shot a 108... which amazes me that we played that fast...
okay now on to the excuses... there were maintenance guys everywhere... the starter said they got a late start cuz nobody had keys to the garages...
dudes were on tractors/mowers/setting pins the whole front 9... there were even a few holes that didnt have flags so we were basically just aiming for the middle of the green and hoping the hole wasnt too far away from our ball...
man my swing was everywhere... i hit every shot in my repertoire but none were the shot i wanted... set up for a draw/hit a cut etc etc
every frikken putt pulled... some by a hair and others by a mile
brother absolutely killed me... he shot an 86

Nice +3 on the front today--hoping to fire 36 holes like that or better for the club championship this weekend!

played well today. went out in 37 and came home in 38 for a 75.

slowest day on a golf course ever!!! there was a foursome, two old men and two old ladies, that had a bunch of us backed up big time. four groups on one tee box, waiting, watching, swearing, sweating, losing it!!! we had to call the proshop to have a ranger sent out to get order out there. one of the guys i played with is an ex club professional and he literally approached them, explained that they were holding everyone up and asked that they kindly let us play through. they said that they weren't willing to do so (huh?) it was truly awful. it was tough to stay in any rythm and it was more than frustrating.

anyway,

had one birdie
had four bogeys
had 13 pars
32 putts
10/14 fwys hit
9/18 girs

finally am feeling like i'm really in control of my ball these days. the superfast is flat out incredible!!! i almost look for an excuse to hit it.

Sweet round there big fella!!

Great round tc. Mine wasn't quite so nice, lol. Played 9 this evening shooting a paltry 42. I was playing really solid tee to green, just couldn't score on the greens. Pretty crazy when your hitting every fairway dead center and long, three wood was money on the par 5's, putting sucked it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back