JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Who should I take my driver to to get re-shafted? Dunno if Dick's does that kind of stuff or if I trust em. I heard the guy at Glynn's Creek is pretty good?

all the dick's have a certified pga professional on staff, and usually a tech guy. i would trust them myself.

If you can find someone to teach you how to do it then you should do it yourself, next thing you know you will have a whole workshop full of club supplies.

I have had a few clubs done at dicks in case of emergency or the Club i play at being closed and havent had any issues with any of their work

I have had good luck with US Golf in Moline. They have pulled and installed two shafts for me and both were done well. It's a bunch of old guys that build clubs all day working there. They are fair with prices too

I wouldn't take them to Discount. They did a not-so-great job on my grips. .

Last edited:
I have had good luck with US Golf in Moline. They have pulled and installed two shafts for me and both were done well. It's a bunch of old guys that build clubs all day working there. They are fair with prices too

I wouldn't take them to Discount. They did a not-so-great job on my grips. .

Yah they don't get in to reshafting anyways.. they suggested US Golf but I have heard some iffy things about them. But if you've had good experience with em thats good enough for me.

From my experience they have been good, but I don't know anybody else that has used them. Then again, I don't really know that many golfers around here lol.

jrod, you are having the edge reshafted, correct? i hear that callaway's drivers can be tricky to reshaft. i think it's important that you find someone who's had experience with callaway clubs and reshafting them. perhaps there's a club around you guys that are affiliated with callaway, perhaps that's a good place to call and talk to the pro there, see if he can do it or recommend someone who can. or maybe you can send it into callaway?

jrod, you are having the edge reshafted, correct? i hear that callaway's drivers can be tricky to reshaft. i think it's important that you find someone who's had experience with callaway clubs and reshafting them. perhaps there's a club around you guys that are affiliated with callaway, perhaps that's a good place to call and talk to the pro there, see if he can do it or recommend someone who can. or maybe you can send it into callaway?

Yep... thats correct TC I called em and they said they do Calloways.

Another stupid question as this is my first foray into reshafting. When I drop the club and shaft off do I need to specify that I want the shaft spine aligned, the length and swingweight of the club? I would assume being a professional they would align it for maximum performance, but being in a service industry (Auto repair) I have seen some pretty chincey work and I'm sure it goes on in all fields.

So without pissing these guys off what do I need to tell them heh.

Pretty sure they won't spine align it unless you pay extra and they may not be able to do it at all. It requires a little tool that alot of places don't have. If you have the spine found already though they shouldn't have a problem. Doesn't the edge have a hosel? If so it won't be any more difficult than any other driver.

Pretty sure they won't spine align it unless you pay extra and they may not be able to do it at all. It requires a little tool that alot of places don't have. If you have the spine found already though they shouldn't have a problem. Doesn't the edge have a hosel? If so it won't be any more difficult than any other driver.

Nope it has no hosel.

Edit : Apparently it does have S2H2

From Callaway...

"The standard models feature a core Callaway technology (S2H2), which removes weight from the hosel and repositions it in the perimeter of the golf club for more stability. "

Last edited:
Diablo-1.jpg

Also from everything I've seen to spine align a shaft to a head you just keep rotating the head on the shaft and bouncing it up and down while the butt is in a vice until the deflection is uniform.

Dunno, thats why I'm here asking.

Anyone know what Callaway charges for reshafting and what the turnaround time is?

I had my iron shaft spine aligned, because it was free, but i don't think its necessary. Id just get dicks to stick a new shaft in it. I dunno if callaway will put an aftermarket shaft in it.

Steel shafts are easy to find the spine on, however graphite shafts can have multiple spines. I would ask whom ever you choose to shaft the club if they have the tools to properly do it. If they do not, then I would try to find an independent guy who does. I recently did a bunch of research on this topic due to having a set of irons re shafted. (i hope to pick them up tomorrow night)

J, I have no idea if US Golf will spine align. I did tell them the length I wanted, but didn't get into swingweight. You may want to call around to check and make sure you are getting exactly what you want first. Wish I could be more help :)

Hey Hawk after doing alot of research and talking to 2 pro's around here I have known forever (Mike Nedelcoff and Kevin Denike) apparently Ron at Emeis is the guy to go to for club fitting/reshafting around here. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Good to hear, J. Hope you love that Edge.

Another stupid question....a shaft pulled that measures 43.5" will play how long with the actual club head? 45"?

Edit: Before cutting/adding anything obviously.

From experience, see a professional. Dicks is no good. True professionals will get the job done.

Back