Official NBA Thread

The big leprechaun of course.

The big leprechaun of course.

Ah yes, forgot about that one. Although the dude is so big, if he dresses up in all green he'll look like the hulk. :D

In other news, how about LBJ's half a$$ 'thank you' to Akron?

JB is it because you think he is title hunting, which is what i think, or another reason?

JB is it because you think he is title hunting, which is what i think, or another reason?

I really dont think that. Im sure that plays a role in that he would not want to go to a bad team this late in his career. But the entire fit made sense. Rasheed is retiring, Perkins with the bad knee injury will keep him out or not the same for most of next season. He can play a role and play it well with that team. They have great shooters and play great D already. He is a great passing big man still and fits with that team so well.

I really dont think that. Im sure that plays a role in that he would not want to go to a bad team this late in his career. But the entire fit made sense. Rasheed is retiring, Perkins with the bad knee injury will keep him out or not the same for most of next season. He can play a role and play it well with that team. They have great shooters and play great D already. He is a great passing big man still and fits with that team so well.

Good points, man seems like raheed just left college and now he is retiring, time flys

shaq is a perfect fit for this squad. big baby's will get the bulk of the minutes but shaq's 20 odd minutes or so are going to be huge for this team. he'll fit right into with doc and the boys and i would look to see him have a much more impactful year this year than he did last year. great move by the celts!! it'll be interesting to see if the miami trinity can match the intensity of the boys fom boston.

I am super stoked for Shaq to end up in Boston. Bring it Miami...

I am super stoked for Shaq to end up in Boston. Bring it Miami...

Even though shaq is old, he can still bring it down low. Still has the moves he always has and can back down anyone. He can now constantly have a showdown with dwight howard.

He can't stand not being in the spotlight. Lol.

I also don't get Charles Barkley's beef. Didnt he leave Philly and Phoenix? I like the guy but dude.

I know man, wish bron and everyone else would just shut up about it, idk if its the nba or lebron James drama league lol

Guess we could call It LJDL/NBA

Lol.... I admit though I'm gonna get back into it again. I stayed mainly with the Suns and D Wade last year but I want to see how the other teams respond.
I know man, wish bron and everyone else would just shut up about it, idk if its the nba or lebron James drama league lol

Guess we could call It LJDL/NBA

Season kicks off tonight.

Looking forward to watching that Boston Miami game! Should be quite interesting

I don't know of anytime I've been this excited for an NBA season to start, I suppose it has to do with the fact that my NFL team is in the tank so I can now focus more attention on rooting against the Miami Heat and rooting for the Lakers.

Each year I lose more interest in whats called the NBA. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I normally agree with you Kev, this year has a little more added interest for me, but I won't likely really start tuning in until about March or April for the playoff push.

I don't know of anytime I've been this excited for an NBA season to start, I suppose it has to do with the fact that my NFL team is in the tank so I can now focus more attention on rooting against the Miami Heat and rooting for the Lakers.

I really didnt think I could like you any less. :alien:

But I guess I should not ever say ever. What did you just pick the teams that were good when you were a kid and make them your favorites? Do bandwagons run fast in your state? Whats next, your a Yankee fan too? Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees, Tiger Woods. You can celebrate almost every year huh? hehe

I kid of course P4B.

NBA

No Basketball Association

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much of an NBA fan anymore but still root for the Knicks. Us NYers stay loyal with our teams, no matter how crappy they are. This year things are starting to look up, we'll see though.

I really didnt think I could like you any less. :alien:

But I guess I should not ever say ever. What did you just pick the teams that were good when you were a kid and make them your favorites? Do bandwagons run fast in your state? Whats next, your a Yankee fan too? Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees, Tiger Woods. You can celebrate almost every year huh? hehe

I kid of course P4B.
Don't worry dude, I've heard it all. I'm actually more of a Cubs fan but I really don't much follow baseball until the playoffs, just too long.

Yeah well let's figure this one out....the nearest NFL team is the Vikings, I hate them and most of their fans because of them all being loud mouth idiots who think they're going to win it every year. Next best thing as a kid watching football is to watch who's on TV the most. When I was 7 my dad was going to draw a logo on this old helmet I had, we were watching a game and I said, "draw that one" he replies, "I can't draw good Dolphins, pick another" next helmet I saw, a star...the rest is history. True story. That plus getting to watch them all the time as a kid I pretty much stuck with them. I've heard it all on the bandwagon junk but really they have sucked for most of the last decade so I don't know why that still gets brought up. I got into a lot of arguments during their big run in the 90s over this, I have this picture of me as a toothless kid with a goofy haircut wearing a Tony Dorsett jersey and I pretty much had to carry it with me to prove that I'm not a bandwagon jumper.

The Lakers, my two uncles used to watch NBA and bark at each other because one was a Laker fan and the other was a Celtics fan, I teamed up with my Laker fan uncle and my cousin teamed up with my Celtics fan uncle, we're still at each other to this day because of that. And again, no NBA team near by so I went with what was on TV when I tried to watch the NBA. I tend to follow players in the NBA more so than just the Lakers, I was a big MJ fan and I have loved Shaq since he was in Orlando. So that's the explanation there.

So if you are a big Shaq fan, wouldnt that make you a Celtics fan now?

Just for you P4B, because I know you are thick skinned.

Bandwagon.jpg

I think the answer is even easier P4B. Move out to SoCal, you can then root for the Lakers no problem, there are TONS of Cowboy fans out here, you can play golf all year round. What more do you need?

So if you are a big Shaq fan, wouldnt that make you a Celtics fan now?

Just for you P4B, because I know you are thick skinned.

Bandwagon.jpg
No, I pretty much stopped liking Shaq the second he went to the Celts. I liked LeBron a lot early on but his latest shenanigans with taking his talents to South Beach pretty much decided that I'll have to properly hate him now. I went through a period when I hated Kobe, after he "ran" Shaq out of town and that whole mess in Colorado, but I can appreciate his skills on the basketball court, sure wouldn't trust him with my wife though.

And one last one that was mentioned, I do love following TW and think we're all lucky to get to watch golf history every time he wins another major (which he will a lot next year) but my favorite golfers of all time are actually Arnold Palmer and David Duval....not a lot going on lately with ol DD though but I still shot tracker every event he plays in and curse him the entire way around.

Back