Golf Trip Ideas??

KUJayhawks

Reaction score
Handicap
My father and I were talking about taking a 3 day golf trip and we were mulling over different ideas. Our plan is to go somewhere that Southwest fly's and so far we are thinking San Antonio. The TPC down there has a pretty nice package at a decent price. Anyone ever played there or have any other recommendations? Thanks!

Try Albuquerque, if SW flies there. Beautiful country and great golf at decent prices.

You already live in the flat lands. Go somewhere that looks different.

The THP Fall Outing in FL. Nothing else like it hands down.

However outside of there, in teh SW Scottsdale.

In the Southeast. FL.

Depends when you go. If its soon, the north AZ, around Pine Top area in the White Mountains has great courses and the weather is mild. If its later in the year, I would suggest Tucson. We have mild temps from October on and some really fine golf courses to play at reasonable prices.

Go to mesquite nevada. Really great place and you can play timber hollow. Get after it

Muskoka, Ontario.

Play Rockycrest, The Rock, The Ridge at Manitou. Muskoka is easily the most beautiful place on the planet.

more courses: Deerhurst, Muskoka Bay Club, Taboo,

Reactions: JB
I second Albuquerque and if you do go there make sure and play Paa-Ko Ridge. I played it last year and it's a great course, very challenging and wonderful scenery.

Colorado some really great mountain courses that are out of the heat and have spectacular scenery.

Go to mesquite nevada. Really great place and you can play timber hollow. Get after it

Where around Mesquite is Timber Hollow? Thought I had played about every course in the neighborhood of Mesquite and St. George, UT.

btw, there are some excellent courses around Mesquite but Albuquerque will be easier on your wallet.

Another vote for New Mexico---good change for flat landers. Check out PaaKo and Black Mesa. These courses are simply awesome and quite affordable. I had a blast. Best trip I've taken.

Mesquite is on the list too. Just a little more $$$ for good golf.

Well sorry I didn't take any of your advice. We decided to go to Barton Creek in Austin, TX. I play a Tom Fazio course here in KC and these are supposed to be some of his best. In Golf Magazine's top 100 courses you can play they have Fazio Canyons course at #71 and his Foothills course at #77 so they should be pretty sweet. Anyone play them before?

Kohler, WI. The Straits course will be fresh off the PGA, and the other three courses are great, too. Pricey, though. There's also a Nicklaus course close by, and a Palmer course, The Bog in Saukville, WI about 30-40 minutes south.

Bring your bug spray.

Kevin

We thought about Wisconsin but the only time I can go is Tuesday through Wednesday, Tuesday as in tomorrow so that kind of took Kohler out of the picture.

We thought about Wisconsin but the only time I can go is Tuesday through Wednesday, Tuesday as in tomorrow so that kind of took Kohler out of the picture.

That might have been a problem. LOL. Austin is a great town. I went on a three day bender there about ten years ago.

Kevin

Back