Titleist Seeks Preliminary Injunction Against Taylormade-adidas Golf

OWNED!

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have spent the last half hour reading through these posts from where I left off yesterday. Wow. There is A LOT of negativity floating around here and quite frankly, it is making me mad. I joined this website, because time and time again, I found myslef back here reading reviews and forum posts. I can honestly say that that I would not be here if THP did not live up to what it is all about. A place to talk about and enjoy the game of golf. THP has NEVER let me down in that fact. To think othersise is just plain silly.

To get back on topic, TM was more likely wrong for their press release. If they are, then Acushnet is right to sue them. That is the way the world works. That's fine. I don't think it's fine to haul THP through the mud for reporting the news. It's not fair to them (the staff) or us the members who get to be here because we all love the game of golf. End Rant.

It is very easy to see what the trends are on this site, via the users signatures.

Titleist is not liked to much, and TM is held above most others. As a person who dislikes both TM and Titleist it is pretty noticeable.

Just because the user trends seem to follow the above, does not mean the site ownership is biased. OEM's send clubs, and they get tested. It is pretty cut and dry.

Personally I think Titleist just got lazy sitting at the top. The clubs I have hit are meh at best and the balls just can not compare (for me). A prov1x can not hold a candle to the zstarx, the ball flight, distance and consistency blows the prov1x right out the water (for me).IMO Now they are realizing market share is getting lost and they are starting to panic, loosing market share in an economy that already sucks is a very scary thing for large companies.

On a side note and this is just my opinion, in order for a site/review/magazine to remain 100% unbiased they should not allow any manufactures to sponsor/buy ads the site/magazine. Think Top Gear on BBC, they are unbiased as they do not allow commercials on the channels. If something sucks they say it does and on the same hand when it is great they will praise it. Once you start accepting funds for ad's the waters muddy quickly.

With the short time I have been a member here I find it hard to believe that JB or any staff would purposefully leave clubs out that they have received for testing. This place seems pretty damn ethical.

It's funny you talk about not taking advertising because we held off on doing that for as long as possible in order to make sure that everyone knew that our reviews will always been unbiased. However, there comes a time where you have to make a decision between staying where you are and not being able to grow a business by not accepting revenue or accepting it and making your business grow in order to really do all the great things you want to do for your members. It's a very difficult decision to make. However, just because someone accepts ads doesn't mean they have to write positive reviews if the product does not perform. In fact, when we decided to accept ads it was made very clear to companies that we do not operate that way and if that is what they were looking for (pay for positive reviews) then we were not interested in working with them.

But as you said, and very very much appreciated at that, our goal is to make this a place where people can come for unbiased reviews, honest feedback, and we welcome all opinions on products even if we don't have the same feelings or findings. Morals and ethics are VERY important to us and we hold that very high in our business model.

On a side note and this is just my opinion, in order for a site/review/magazine to remain 100% unbiased they should not allow any manufactures to sponsor/buy ads the site/magazine. Think Top Gear on BBC, they are unbiased as they do not allow commercials on the channels. If something sucks they say it does and on the same hand when it is great they will praise it. Once you start accepting funds for ad's the waters muddy quickly.

That was our motto for the last 2 years. We actually put it up to the readers to help us decide if ads were okay. And soon we will hopefully have ads from almost every company out there hopefully negating any bias again.

oh :poop:!!! BOOM!

And remember guys, we want to keep this civil. Regardless of feelings, or other thoughts, we want to make sure that everybody is allowed to voice an opinion and not attack because of that opinion regardless of what it is.

i tried to state my opinion with as much "unbias" as possible!! i am just being honest and all i expect is that she responds the same way. i really want to know what it is she's referring to.

Point taken

That was our motto for the last 2 years. We actually put it up to the readers to help us decide if ads were okay. And soon we will hopefully have ads from almost every company out there hopefully negating any bias again.

Good to hear, the other way around it would be to only allow resellers, that way you are not accepting money form OEM's and still allow growth.

Either way I dig this place. lol

Good to hear, the other way around it would be to only allow resellers, that way you are not accepting money form OEM's and still allow growth.

Either way I dig this place. lol

And we dig having you.

TC,

Well Said! These last few pages really got me irritated. I am in aww that someone would come on this site and imply anything negative about two spectacular people. Because lets be honest, all it has done is raise some eyebrows on something that is not true. Every company gets treated the same way on reviews, I have also seen reviews on every company but one. I have never thought that it was because of the owners of the site, but that the company didnt want to participate.

There has also been comments that this is site has a lot of TM stuff, well, everyone that hits their stuff loves it. I dont understand why you cant buy equipment for the feel of it and get accused as following a herd. Hell, 99% of my bag is not TM, but I have an old 2007 Burner, does that make me a part of a herd? No, we are all people, we can make our own decisions, but people come to THP for help and advice on club decisions and they get feedback of how much people abslutely love the new TM woods. How the hell did this lawsuit even get on the topic of THP? I know its a forum for opinions, but if your opinion turns into accusations, and I speak for myself....just go away!

Can someone point me to a company that reviews golf clubs who doesn't advertise? I wasn't aware there were any.

Read any review from THP before April of 2010.

Read any review from THP before April of 2010.

Well that's basically what I mean.. You guys were doing a tremendous service to us by reviewing without compensation through advertisement, but it's pretty safe to say your capacity for what you can provide becomes more substantial when you are able to profit off of advertising (which is completely non-intrusive to anyone viewing any of your material) and spend more time focused on quality reviews.

I just don't see how it's a bad thing, as long as you're not being selective based on personal vendettas or grudges.

Well that's basically what I mean.. You guys were doing a tremendous service to us by reviewing without compensation through advertisement, but it's pretty safe to say your capacity for what you can provide becomes more substantial when you are able to profit off of advertising (which is completely non-intrusive to anyone viewing any of your material) and spend more time focused on quality reviews.

I just don't see how it's a bad thing, as long as you're not being selective based on personal vendettas or grudges.

Those were our thoughts. When we launched the print publication, we had to take print advertising to fund the project. By doing so, some thought it was/is the same. So we figured we might as well take online ads as well and offer something a little different. And when you guys see what we have coming up next year, you will FLIP OUT!

Last edited by a moderator:

They are not compensated for their reviews however and they are reviewed by non-affiliated golfers who will give their brutally honest opinion. They won't bash a product, but they will politely say whether they liked it or not. THP may accept advertising money, but no company will ever be able to buy a good review from them.

There are not too many review sites where you can get to know the owners personally, but THP is different. Come to the outing and you will get to know JB and GG on a personal level. I trust what they say (not saying you don't though).

They are not compensated for their reviews however and they are reviewed by non-affiliated golfers who will give their brutally honest opinion. They won't bash a product, but they will politely say whether they liked it or not. THP may accept advertising money, but no company will ever be able to buy a good review from them.

There are not too many review sites where you can get to know the owners personally, but THP is different. Come to the outing and you will get to know JB and GG on a personal level. I trust what they say (not saying you don't though).

Hey, I'm on board until they prove that ideology wrong. This isn't my first golf forum, but I can tell you it's the first one I actually like coming back to haha

Those were our thoughts. When we launched the print publication, we had to take print advertising to fund the project. By doing so, some thought it was/is the same. So we figured we might as well take online ads as well and offer something a little different. And when you guys see what we have coming up next year, you will FLIP OUT!

It's hard for me to imagine how THP could get any better, but leave it to you guys to show me what's what!! I'll be patiently waiting until then!

Cobra is now suing Taylormade as well.

hahaha, thi ssucks. it shouldnt even come to this.

I'm gonna bring my wrath to both companies now.

Something like this happened in the paintball world a few years ago and it was a big stink. Now the company that sued everybody is filing for bankruptcy.

Cobra is now suing Taylormade as well.

I was wondering when that would happen. Has Puma taken full control of Cobra yet?

Back