Wilson Staff equipment

Well looks like I'm gonna have to buy new irons!!!!!!!!! haha.
if you buy the new fg forged irons then you get a free w/s painter's cap with them, and a dozen balls, but other than that, i don't know where you find them.

if you buy the new fg forged irons then you get a free w/s painter's cap with them, and a dozen balls, but other than that, i don't know where you find them.

That's about as good of a deal as buying a driver to get the free camera. :D Sorry OEM, I had to.

I have the WS Fybrid 3 wood, 5 wood, 19.5* fybrid, 3 hybrid and 4 hybrid. And they're all outstanding, and my current gamers. I have 3 sets of irons, the WS Di9s, WS Ci7s, and Ping G5s. The Di9s and G5s are more suited to my handicap, but the Ci7s are such good clubs that I keep them around. I picked up both the Ci7s and Di9s for under $200 each in very good condition from 3balls. Doesn't get much better than that. The Di9s are fantastic clubs for mid-high handicappers.

That's about as good of a deal as buying a driver to get the free camera. :D Sorry OEM, I had to.

Hey I resemble that comment! I really like the camera. Just got a high speed SD card for it so now it will work how its supposed to!

I love my 3 Fybrid and am seriously thinking of adding the 4 and 5

I have seen that many stores dont stock ws. Could I get them at GolfTec?

Bumping this back up what with acquiring a used set of Ci9's today.

Really though I wanted to talk about my recently acquired Heavy-Sole Fybrids!

3W - I've gone through some alterations with this, the new Saga shaft has given me the flight I want and I'm actually playing it at 4W length now and that has really helped alot. Easy up off the turf, nice muted thwack sound. Goes a LONG way too! This is the club it finally clicked that I have a tendency to come WAY to flat back with my long clubs and has led to my accuracy going way up now that I think about taking the club up and not just back.

19.5 FY - I played last years model FY for a long long time and the "Heavy Sole" really did improve this years model for me. Easy off the turf and if you need a nice and easy 210-225 off the tee, this is my club. The shaft change to the Graman S-Series 95Hybrid shaft has been bliss (JB, you need to contact Graman to see if they'll get us some stuff to review, trust me, the S- Series is for real!) and gives me a bit higher but more penetrating flight than the stock axiv.

24* 4HY - Scary long. Might be because of the half/half shaft, I find myself putting lots of 3/4 swings to stay in my distance gaps, don't want to change the shaft out but I may have to. Nice sound, easy up and easy on. Sweet hybrid, a nice improvement on the 09 model.

Overall, these are sexy. If you haven't seen them from address they are a nice gunmetal greyish and brushed looking head. I will say I love the Heavy Sole addition and that puts me over the top for these over the 09's. BUT, the 09's have a better sound, like persimmon.

All in all I wish wilson would make these more available, they are much nicer (for me) than the A7's, 5DX's, 4DX's, and the like that I've played before. these are winners, but no-one will no that if you don't get the product out there!

Thanks for the write up. Had any problems with the irons?
Bumping this back up what with acquiring a used set of Ci9's today.

Really though I wanted to talk about my recently acquired Heavy-Sole Fybrids!

3W - I've gone through some alterations with this, the new Saga shaft has given me the flight I want and I'm actually playing it at 4W length now and that has really helped alot. Easy up off the turf, nice muted thwack sound. Goes a LONG way too! This is the club it finally clicked that I have a tendency to come WAY to flat back with my long clubs and has led to my accuracy going way up now that I think about taking the club up and not just back.

19.5 FY - I played last years model FY for a long long time and the "Heavy Sole" really did improve this years model for me. Easy off the turf and if you need a nice and easy 210-225 off the tee, this is my club. The shaft change to the Graman S-Series 95Hybrid shaft has been bliss (JB, you need to contact Graman to see if they'll get us some stuff to review, trust me, the S- Series is for real!) and gives me a bit higher but more penetrating flight than the stock axiv.

24* 4HY - Scary long. Might be because of the half/half shaft, I find myself putting lots of 3/4 swings to stay in my distance gaps, don't want to change the shaft out but I may have to. Nice sound, easy up and easy on. Sweet hybrid, a nice improvement on the 09 model.

Overall, these are sexy. If you haven't seen them from address they are a nice gunmetal greyish and brushed looking head. I will say I love the Heavy Sole addition and that puts me over the top for these over the 09's. BUT, the 09's have a better sound, like persimmon.

All in all I wish wilson would make these more available, they are much nicer (for me) than the A7's, 5DX's, 4DX's, and the like that I've played before. these are winners, but no-one will no that if you don't get the product out there!

Also, to anyone thinking about WS.

The 09 Fybrids are CRAZY cheap now and are insanely easy to hit. Also, sets of Ci7's are going pretty cheap too!

jman, i know you are going to be very pleased with the new acquisition. congrats on the ci9's and thanks for rubbing it in!!!!

jman, i know you are going to be very pleased with the new acquisition. congrats on the ci9's and thanks for rubbing it in!!!!

Haha, well, I thought you'd appreciate that! I will make sure to post a full review for you though, no worries! :bananadance:

Hmmmm i never really considered WS in my search for new hybrids and/or irons. I might have to check them out. I dont think I have seen them at the local golf shop though, might have to look harder.

Haha, well, I thought you'd appreciate that! I will make sure to post a full review for you though, no worries! :bananadance:

do you have them already or are they enroute? i can't wait to hear your thoughts on the FST shaft, especially since you have had so much experience with different shafts. they really are something special....i look forward to reading your write up.

do you have them already or are they enroute? i can't wait to hear your thoughts on the FST shaft, especially since you have had so much experience with different shafts. they really are something special....i look forward to reading your write up.

Enroute.

Yeah, I'm excited to play them too. I've played Project X's, Dynamic Gold's, and also FST 125 Pro's along with KBS 5.5's. FST/KBS make a SENSATIONAL product, especially if you are tempo and smoother swinger. I'm excited for sure.

Enroute.

Yeah, I'm excited to play them too. I've played Project X's, Dynamic Gold's, and also FST 125 Pro's along with KBS 5.5's. FST/KBS make a SENSATIONAL product, especially if you are tempo and smoother swinger. I'm excited for sure.

so you just bought 5 irons? i'm assuming you got them at a great deal (you always do!!!) man, i'm really pumped for you. i've made a promise to myself not to buy anything til after the outing, and you sir, are not helping.

so you just bought 5 irons? i'm assuming you got them at a great deal (you always do!!!) man, i'm really pumped for you. i've made a promise to myself not to buy anything til after the outing, and you sir, are not helping.

Haha, no its the 5-GW set, no 4i as I play a 4h. The 5-9 just fits my current setup but the Niblick may be on the way out, going to the CG15's has made me remember how fun wedges can be. Anywho....yes you know me, a dang good deal, lightly used for about 200. A good deal on my watch for sure.

Well, after Reading all this, I have pretty much constructed my shopping list for December

Driver- FT-9
Irons- Ci9
Wedges- Tw9 52, 56, 60
Putter- 8802

Haha, no its the 5-GW set, no 4i as I play a 4h. The 5-9 just fits my current setup but the Niblick may be on the way out, going to the CG15's has made me remember how fun wedges can be. Anywho....yes you know me, a dang good deal, lightly used for about 200. A good deal on my watch for sure.

dude! 200 clams? that's a steal. i loathe you right now!!! haha, not really. i can't wait to hear all about them.

Yep, I couldn't say no. I tried though, I even went to a coin toss with it...just cannot say no to that though!

Yep, I couldn't say no. I tried though, I even went to a coin toss with it...just cannot say no to that though!

lmao @ coin toss!!! you were buying those no matter what. i would to at that price man.

lmao @ coin toss!!! you were buying those no matter what. i would to at that price man.

Yeah, I can only imagine wht the dogs were thinking as I walked around the room talking to myself and flipping a quarter best 3 out of 5 LOL!

I just checked on the Wilson site, they are not sold at any of the major golf retailers in the area. I find that interesting.

Back