Pulling my wedges to the left. Help please

Its that good huh? I have read the thread about it but still pondering it.

thainer still waiting for some info on the vision track lol

I dont think the numbers will help me on it though. 1-2-3 thing..

Sorry dude, couldve swore i responded.

The numbers help some, but not all. The vision track is a good tool to help many swing flaws. Its durable, and easy to use aswell. The outcomes from my recommendations for the Vision Track can be read here. Im sure youve seen this thread before.

ya i read a lot about it, were did you hear about it? you use it?
main focus now is making sure I am aimed right and a consistent swing plane. I tend to leave the face open resulting in hitting it straight to the right, not like dead right but you know what i mean about not closing the club face at impact, its not a slice just the missed shot to the right.

I use it to teach. And it helps many who have the same issues you do. Being able to swing on path everytime should almost set you up to be on plane and come through the slot everytime.
ya i read a lot about it, were did you hear about it? you use it?
main focus now is making sure I am aimed right and a consistent swing plane. I tend to leave the face open resulting in hitting it straight to the right, not like dead right but you know what i mean about not closing the club face at impact, its not a slice just the missed shot to the right.

yeah youre just pushing a little, which is just a nice inside out swing path, with an open face.

ya pisses me off, all of my misses with irons/driver/3w are to the right with sometimes a hook of closing it to fast, not slice just the good ol push.
But i do have the occasional pull with the wedges like this thread was about but kind of got away from that, but i think its ok sense its just me and you talking about the vision track, helping swing issues.

That could be an easy fix dude. stronger grip could turn it into a baby draw. I pull my wedges because i feel weird coming inside out at them. I like to come straight down the line, which breeds inconsistency.
ya pisses me off, all of my misses with irons/driver/3w are to the right, not slice just the good ol push.
But i do have the occasional pull with the wedges like this thread was about but kind of got away from that, but i think its ok sense its just me and you talking about the vision track, helping swing issues.

ya pisses me off, all of my misses with irons/driver/3w are to the right with sometimes a hook of closing it to fast, not slice just the good ol push.

You can definitely pull a shot, even with an inside swing path, I do it quite often, especially on my wedges. For me, it happens when I'm not trying to swing hard (aka the wedge shots) and I don't fire my hips and get through with my lower body like I do with my driver and 3 wood and long irons. When my hips don't get square to the target, my arms sweep around my body and pull the shot to the left, instead of going down the target line through the ball.

Today in the WGC championship, they were dissecting one of Hunter's shots where he pulled a short iron left because he got "lazy" with hips and leg drive and didn't get square to the target, and his arms swept around him too much. Might be something you are doing too.

Good news is the vision track has the little inside bar that you will hit if you do this. When I first got the vision track, I was hitting it often with my wedges.

That could be an easy fix dude. stronger grip could turn it into a baby draw. I pull my wedges because i feel weird coming inside out at them. I like to come straight down the line, which breeds inconsistency.

See that could be a point to, it feels like its a little harder to come inside out with wedges than other clubs.

But on good iron shots that i hit i see a nice draw so i think grip is ok its just i forget to roll my wrists some coming through but when i do its a nice really high ball flight with some draw on it.

You can definitely pull a shot, even with an inside swing path, I do it quite often, especially on my wedges.

I am not sure that you understand what constitutes as a pull. providing the divot is even/lie angles are correct.

You can definitely pull a shot, even with an inside swing path, I do it quite often, especially on my wedges. For me, it happens when I'm not trying to swing hard (aka the wedge shots) and I don't fire my hips and get through with my lower body like I do with my driver and 3 wood and long irons. When my hips don't get square to the target, my arms sweep around my body and pull the shot to the left, instead of going down the target line through the ball.

Today in the WGC championship, they were dissecting one of Hunter's shots where he pulled a short iron left because he got "lazy" with hips and leg drive and didn't get square to the target, and his arms swept around him too much. Might be something you are doing too.

Good news is the vision track has the little inside bar that you will hit if you do this. When I first got the vision track, I was hitting it often with my wedges.

thats true, guess all signs point to check lie angles and the vision track lol

I am not sure that you understand what constitutes as a pull.

I think I do... you can come at the ball from the inside on the downswing, and come back inside too soon and pull the ball left. Do you disagree? I understand most people who struggle with pulls are swinging outside in, but an on plane swing comes back inside at some point, ideally after contacting the ball, not before.

Alright well its done, I am the proud owner of the vision track now lol

In order for the ball to be pulled, theswingpath must be going outside in through impact, and the face must be square to that path. If the path does not match the face, the ball will start in the faces direction, and curve depending on how severe the difference is between clubface angle and swingpath.

It could happen in an inside to square to inside path, but the clubhead would already be having to go back inside at ball contact, thus making a miniature outside in swing.

In order for the ball to be pulled, theswingpath must be going outside in through impact, and the face must be square to that path. If the path does not match the face, the ball will start in the faces direction, and curve depending on how severe the difference is between clubface angle and swingpath.

It could happen in an inside to square to inside path, but the clubhead would already be having to go back inside at ball contact, thus making a miniature outside in swing.

OK, then, if you put it that way, yes, I'm creating a mini outside-in situation. And the vision track is useful in diagnosing that and its already reduced my pulls pretty significantly my last 2 rounds of golf.

If so, Ill purchase it off of you. I could always use another one. I am that confident it will help

I sell to make money so il sale it for 60 to you haha

How many do you have? and just curious how long have you been playing golf?

I have 3. My pro has like 20.

I have been playing golf for 5 years, and studying the golf swing for 3

this my 2nd year of actual being serious and not just jacking around on the course. I played on sundays in HS just messing around with a few buddies but didnt start till between my junior-senior year so i guess 4 years and 2 more serious years.

Studying the swing as in your going to school for that?

this my 2nd year of actual being serious and not just jacking around on the course. I played on sundays in HS just messing around with a few buddies but didnt start till between my junior-senior year so i guess 4 years and 2 more serious years.

Studying the swing as in your going to school for that?

Kind of. I go to school for a Bachelors of Applied Business Degree, specializing in golf management. But its more business then just golf stuff. Its not like the PGCC or PGM programs.
As for studying the golf swing, I just read, read, read. This summer Ive been working with Master PGA Professional John Dunigan, who is a genius. He's got a ton of young talent in his stable all over the country in schools like Alabama, Bucknell, Delaware, Notre Dame, and Im sure theres more. Most notably, his star student is Justin Martinson. Google him if you get the chance.

That's cool! I was just curious and thought id ask.
Guess il be on the vision track "system" for a while lol

Back