Golf Course Superintendent

Status
Not open for further replies.
at our course and our 2 sister courses i know the supers and their 2nd and 3rd guys... also know most of the proshop staff at the 3 courses and a bunch of the marshals
but other courses i play... i have no clue

I know his name but have never met him.

Yep, know him quite well (well enough for him to rip it out of me when he saw me having a chop down the 2nd the other day !)

He came through the Juniors in the club, started working under the old Greenkeeper then got promoted when the other bloke retired. The retired bloke only knew what he'd learned himself, whereas the current guy has all that he was taught plus knows the right way to do things through his College course.

I'd encourage everyone to get to know their Greenstaff..............they do appreciate the feedback you give them on the course and generally (our guys anyway) are more than happy to explain what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Yeah. Ours is quite active in tournament play at the club, and is always happy to stop and chat with the members. We've had a lot of work done to the course over the last few years, so he's had to be good at explaining procedures to the AGMs.

Yes, I know him, his wife and kids well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back