Getting my Irons bent?

derelict

In the trees
Reaction score
Handicap
short game
I am playing Nickent 4DX Pros... I know that they are a little too toe up for me... I have been going through some swing changes, but more often than not, I am pulling my irons. A friend of mine told me I should get my irons bent for the proper lie. These are forged, so do you think this is a good idea?

Just to add to this... when I hit the ball well, there is a pretty strong draw as well.

A club that is too upright will lead to misses left. I would get fit and have the clubs bent to the right lie angle. This is the advantage of forged irons.

Thanks, looks like this is on my to do list now :banana:

I got fitted and had my old irons bent 1* flat,made a BIG differance!!
I have two bad elbows,and getting the ball lofted was a problem, but no more.
Great idea to get fitted and bent.

I always hit my new clubs off of a lie board to check the lie angles and then have my pro bend them according to what I need. THP is what made me realize that I needed to make sure everything fit. No reason to not get them bent to fit you.

I think my swing is not stable enough to get my irons bent. I am always making adjustments, and after thinking, I am not convinced I should get these bent. I was playing with a guy this weekend who said it looks like I am bending too far over the ball... I straightened out, slowed my backswing, and was hitting the ball really straight and consistent... I will see how this goes for a while. My irons are forged, but I fear that if I get them bent, then make some swing changes, I may need to bend them back... I don't know how many times irons can be bent, but I would think not that many times.

Forged irons can be bent as much as you want. If you tinker with your swing you can get them bent to your static numbers and they should be just fine for you.

I think my swing is not stable enough to get my irons bent. I am always making adjustments, and after thinking, I am not convinced I should get these bent. I was playing with a guy this weekend who said it looks like I am bending too far over the ball... I straightened out, slowed my backswing, and was hitting the ball really straight and consistent... I will see how this goes for a while. My irons are forged, but I fear that if I get them bent, then make some swing changes, I may need to bend them back... I don't know how many times irons can be bent, but I would think not that many times.

like andy said, you can bend them as many times as you want. But why tinker with a swing to fix a flaw that might be caused because the gear doesnt fit?

Thanks for your input guys... I will mull this over...

Back