Daytona and Fontana Ghost Putters

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I was just at a Golf Town and guess what they've got? I'll assume you read the title of this thread. That's right Daytona and Fontana Ghost putters. Took some swings with both and they preform much like the orignal Ghost. Same insert etc. The thing that got me is that they still have the circular cut out at the back. Was not expecting that at all. I'll post a couple pics I snapped with my phone once I get home. Have to say I prefer the looks of the original Ghost over these new models. I personally like the bigger size even thigh the Fontana is similarly shaped to my Odyssey Rossie. That's all for now. As I said I'll post pics later, but if someone has pics by all means share them. My phone doesn't take the best pictures.

I haven't heard of these. I can't wait to see the pics!

The Daytona is the one that Taylormade spoke of on our radio show last month. It is their version of the anser and as they mentioned, it is not a Kia Ma.

Daytona ghost
6a00d8341caaef53ef013480870954970c-pi

Kia ma Fontana (not available to us)
6a00d8341caaef53ef013480870285970c-pi

Kia ma daytona (not available to us, Tour only)
6a00d8341caaef53ef01348086fed7970c-pi

Damn! I wanted the Kia Ma Daytona Ghost putter! Guess I'll just stick with my Yes! Tracy.

Here we are as promised, my pictures from today:

Ghosts.jpg

Fontana.jpg

Daytona.jpg

As you can see they are very similar. The only main difference is that the Fontana has the rounded back (like the pic above in Bridges' post) and the Daytona has the square back. Both feature the circular cut-out in the back. Personally I think it looks better in the original Ghost, but that's just me. Both have the double bent shaft which features the half shaft offset, while the original Ghost has the full shaft offset.

i agree, I like the original ghost better

I'd have to putt with one before coming to a conclusion, but first impression is that they are fugly. Not that fugly means it doesn't work, but I'm not digging the look.

The original is better but where is the KIA MA :D

interesting... I have the OG Ghost already... these ones are similar enough to not want one atm... I would be very interested on a blade style one though... thanks for sharing pics though...

Yeah there is a guy over at WRX who sells tour stuff. He said he had the tour issue Kia Ma Daytona ghost. Just before I hit the paypal pay button I decided to ask if he would send some pics over to me. I saw that abomination and passed. I had heard from quite a few people they will be releasing a blade like Daytona ghost next year but JB's sources say no.

Abonination? Do share!
Yeah there is a guy over at WRX who sells tour stuff. He said he had the tour issue Kia Ma Daytona ghost. Just before I hit the paypal pay button I decided to ask if he would send some pics over to me. I saw that abomination and passed. I had heard from quite a few people they will be releasing a blade like Daytona ghost next year but JB's sources say no.

or was it just the ghost, not kia ma ghost?

Sorry Thainer. It was the Daytona already pictured in this thread with the hole in the back.

I would love to see it, and according to them, they release everything based on demand. I would not say "sources" though, the company themselves said so right on our radio show. THe Ghost putter line is being made to hit a price point and having one at double the price point may be an issue for consumers, especially the way consumers have purchased KM line compared to regular line in all their putters. Another thing that I should mention, is that TM is getting rid of the Rossa name, so it will just be Taylormade putters. This is playing a role in what you see released time wise.

Oh he wasn't trying to get one over on anyone. I have purchase some great things from him before. I just don't think he knew the difference between the Daytona and the KM Daytona. Couple of weeks later someone else had the real deal but they wanted close to 6 large for it. Too steep for my poor butt.

i honestly dont think those holes are needed, and they just provide a huge eye sore to the putters. Not sure why they have to do that or what technology is behind it, but it would look great without.

TM has contacted us about this thread and said "the putters you are seeing are not US models". Do not expect to see those in US stores anytime soon.

So why are they having separate models up here? That really makes no sense to me. Just becuase I am north of the 49th, I get different stuff? Why is that?

I can see having a SuperFast Rescue up here and not in the States, but putters should be the same IMO.

So why are they having separate models up here? That really makes no sense to me. Just becuase I am north of the 49th, I get different stuff? Why is that?

I can see having a SuperFast Rescue up here and not in the States, but putters should be the same IMO.

I think eventually it all evens out. But different regions have different demands and selling models.

I think eventually it all evens out. But different regions have different demands and selling models.

I could see selling something in place A and not place B. But something universal (ie a putter) should be available every where. Why go to all the extra work of making a separate Ghost line for Canada when we are the closets neighbor to the US?

I could see selling something in place A and not place B. But something universal (ie a putter) should be available every where. Why go to all the extra work of making a separate Ghost line for Canada when we are the closets neighbor to the US?

I think its more about extra pieces in other areas. It does not mean they wont end up here eventually, but keep in mind that clubs are released in different areas all the time. If the demand is high and they sell well, I would expect to see them in other markets.

I think its more about extra pieces in other areas. It does not mean they wont end up here eventually, but keep in mind that clubs are released in different areas all the time. If the demand is high and they sell well, I would expect to see them in other markets.

I guess, but it still just seems a bit weird to me.

Back